www.teamer.net - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-09-2011, 16:34   #16
cormie

Thanks for the reply

Set up an account anyway

Just a suggestion, I set the account up and added people at 8 o clock in the morning. If I knew it was going to text everyone at this time, I would have waited. I think it should warn you that it will be sending a text to everyone and what the content of the text will be too, the one everyone got wouldn't have made much sense, mostly because we don't have a "Team Name" and I just called the team name "Basketball" so it may have confused a few people.
Advertisement
01-12-2011, 18:07   #17
Say hello to my little friend

Can this service be done from a mobile or does the team manager log in to send messages and check responses.
01-12-2011, 22:43   #18
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say hello to my little friend View Post
Can this service be done from a mobile or does the team manager log in to send messages and check responses.
If your mobile has a browser, I believe you can access the site using it.........
If your mobile is an Iphone I think there is a new app now available for it although it may be a paid app.
If your mobile is neither of the above you wont be able to do much on it anyway......
01-12-2011, 22:51   #19
I am pie

You will receive a fe spam emails per week offering competition entry, deals on sports goods etc...so while the service is pretty useful do expect spam !
01-12-2011, 23:03   #20
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am pie View Post
You will receive a fe spam emails per week offering competition entry, deals on sports goods etc...so while the service is pretty useful do expect spam !
I've never gotten anything I would consider Spam from the service, in fact I have rarely gotten an email outside of a notification about an event.
Advertisement
01-12-2011, 23:52   #21
Say hello to my little friend

Do any of you find that the 160 character limit stops you giving detail about venue, time of finish of game or training, opposition team, etc.
02-12-2011, 23:27   #22
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say hello to my little friend View Post
Do any of you find that the 160 character limit stops you giving detail about venue, time of finish of game or training, opposition team, etc.
Not on teamer anyway, usually plenty space......as the text is "generated" more than directly entered.
03-04-2012, 13:05   #23
cormie

Hi folks, have done everything as I usually would this week on the new system but haven't got a text yet and neither has another team member so I'm not sure how many people have been notified. Not much of a response compared to usual, not sure what's happened?
03-04-2012, 14:08   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormie View Post
Hi folks, have done everything as I usually would this week on the new system but haven't got a text yet and neither has another team member so I'm not sure how many people have been notified. Not much of a response compared to usual, not sure what's happened?
By any chance do you and the other team member have iPhones? Do you have the teamer app installed?
Advertisement
03-04-2012, 16:35   #25
cormie

Nope, neither of us have an iPhone or the app. Neither of us have received the notification yet.
03-04-2012, 16:52   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormie View Post
Nope, neither of us have an iPhone or the app. Neither of us have received the notification yet.
Strange. Do you send the email notification as well? Did you get that? It should show up on your event page whether the text was actually sent. Has it come out of your "texts remaining" bundle? You could try resending the text from the notifications page.
03-04-2012, 21:13   #27
cormie

Didn't seem to come out of the remaining texts, resent a few and they did and I think the recipients got them this time. Not sure what happened the first time, will check again next week, but I just did like I did last week and every other week as far as I know.
23-07-2013, 17:31   #28
cormie

Just a feature request please.

I manage a group of 93 players for a weekly pick up game using teamer and facebook. Teamer takes quite a while to post the notifications from and it's mainly down to having to select each player individually from the list of 93. The thing is, there's a main group of regulars out of the 93 people who will come more frequently than others and who you can pretty much rely on to get a game going, the others have all expressed interest but haven't really shown up but I wouldn't like to remove them as if were stuck for numbers, we ask more from the list.

It just takes ages having to pick out the 30 regular players each week to notify as I don' want to be using up all the texts by selecting all 93 players.

Would it be possible so to have a "regular" list who you can just "select" all and notify within a matter of seconds? Would make organising a lot easier!
10-02-2014, 09:20   #29
biglovin

Hi, I am managing a football team and decided teamer would be a great way of notifying players of training, matches etc. I have been encountering some issues though. Some players have reported not receiving any txt messages and only getting emails. Is there something i can do to sort this or has anyone else had similar issues?
10-02-2014, 10:37   #30
cormie

If a player has both an email address and phone number listed, the default is they will only get the email to save the number of texts sent, you can manually select the SMS box beside their name so they get the SMS too.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion