Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

28-02-2009, 17:58   #121
Beer Baron

Send a message via MSN to Beer Baron Send a message via Skype™ to Beer Baron
Quote:
Originally Posted by clon View Post

Any chance to could open a partial section, maybe from end nenagh byapss to Birhill interchange?
They may do. The N6 Galway to Dublin road was open partially for around 9 months.

You had to exit at the Tullamore exit to rejoin the original N6. This may happen on the but only if the tie in at Limerick is open also. There would be no point leaving Birdhill to join the M7 to rejoin the N7 at the far side of Nenagh.

Why? Futile. Nothing would be gained.
Advertisement
28-02-2009, 19:44   #122
clon

From what I saw of the newport interchange the last time I passed in mid Feb, I think this will take the most of the year to finish.This scheme could be the last to finish anywhere the rate it is going, the nenagh bypas should have been finished long ago.
02-03-2009, 11:52   #123
Amtmann
Closed Account

New M7/M8 newsletter: http://www.crg.ie/PortlaoiseNewsletterFeb09.pdf
14-03-2009, 11:52   #124
mysterious
Banned

http://n7nenaghtolimerick.com/index.html

I was the first to find this
Shows updates and lnterchange layout. The Newport interchange is so "imaginative". I could design a far better layout. It's actually a shambles when the Main entrance to Limerick is via a roundabout of the interchange. Since traffic is very busy on the old N7, there should of been better free flowing slip.

Free flowing slips should of been added from M7 to Southbound ramp to Newport. And N7 to R445 NB. This means traffic does not need to negoiate at the roundabout. Where are they not putting these in. There is land, and doesn't cost much extra if done now. ffs.
26-03-2009, 23:39   #125
mysterious
Banned

Pillars and reinforced concrete is going in now at the Moneygall interchange flyover, just seen it today passing. The earthworks are advancing much rapidly than it has been too.

I'll try get pictures soon.
Advertisement
29-03-2009, 20:09   #126
spacetweek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
Free flowing slips should of been added from M7 to Southbound ramp to Newport. And N7 to R445 NB. This means traffic does not need to negoiate at the roundabout. Where are they not putting these in. There is land, and doesn't cost much extra if done now. ffs.
Because unfortunately for you the NRA aren't interested in your fantasy road layout that you drew with MS Paint.

There is NOT land available for what you're describing. Even the easy freeflow, the left-turn R445-M7 NB, has the link road in the way. Look at the diagram again. Also, the citybound freeflow would be pointless - you'd be freeflowing to a road that's single carriageway the whole way into the city centre. It's not generally a good idea to dump fast moving traffic onto a local road network that can't cope with it, and the R445 will never be widened due to the amount of abutting buildings. This all should have been clear.

Last edited by spacetweek; 29-03-2009 at 20:15.
30-03-2009, 00:15   #127
mysterious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetweek View Post
Because unfortunately for you the NRA aren't interested in your fantasy road layout that you drew with MS Paint.
But I know my ideas, are taken on boards in some cases, and have been in the last few years.

It was me who was on this board 2 years ago venting over the partial free flowing Redcow design. It was me who emailed them. I kept at it. A month later they started to re design it

Quote:
There is NOT land available for what you're describing. Even the easy freeflow, the left-turn R445-M7 NB, has the link road in the way.
If there is a will there is a way.

Quote:
Look at the diagram again. Also, the citybound freeflow would be pointless - you'd be freeflowing to a road that's single carriageway the whole way into the city centre.
Not quite, that road is fairly wide and now is widened at Parkway. It also is very wide passed Annacotty. I'm only concerned in allowing city traffic more direct access to the M7 and freeing up the roundabout.

Quote:
, and the R445 will never be widened due to the amount of abutting buildings. This all should have been clear.
That road can be widened for much of it's lenght. Except for one stretch at after the Castletroy S.C.
30-03-2009, 14:49   #128
clon

looks like work is moving ahead with the newport interchange.this is taken from aa ireland website

*N7 DUBLIN/LIMERICK* Tonight and tomorrow night (Tues 31st March), Finnegan’s R/A on the N7 Dublin/Limerick will close from 9pm until 6am. Diversions will be in place; Motorists approaching from the Cork direction cannot turn right for Newport and must divert onto the N7 Dublin Rd. Those approaching from Limerick must also divert onto the N7 Dublin Rd. From Dublin take the Old Dublin Rd before the R/A and motorists from Newport can use the R/A as usual. Allow extra time for journeys.

Also thinking that this juction does not have to be completely finished for the rest of the road to open, the side slip roads could be used until flyover is finished.
Thanks from:
02-04-2009, 11:51   #129
smashingred

Anyone know if the issues(non-payment) with the contractors has been resolved or is it still on going?
When is the scheme (in total) expected to finish?
End of the Year I heard someone say here.
Advertisement
02-04-2009, 22:36   #130
mysterious
Banned

Two bridges at Clashnevin are nearly finished just top beams to be put in place. One of the bridges will be complete by the 24th of this month. This is to allow local traffic to use the existing road. These bridges are just east of Moneygal. The earthworks at this point is pretty exstensive.

To answer the above question. The Nenagh to Limerick scheme will open by the end of this year. Think October or Novermber, I'm not sure. Work is on going, but the problems with the contractors meant there is now less manpower on the site. I don't know if they have officially sorted this contract issue out or not. But all I know going from local newsworks, is that it will open at the end of this year for sure.

Last edited by mysterious; 02-04-2009 at 22:39.
02-04-2009, 22:54   #131
Amtmann
Closed Account

Quote:
To answer the above question. The Nenagh to Limerick scheme will open by the end of this year. Think October or Novermber, I'm not sure. Work is on going, but the problems with the contractors meant there is now less manpower on the site. I don't know if they have officially sorted this contract issue out or not. But all I know going from local newsworks, is that it will open at the end of this year for sure.
Good. Where did you hear that from, Mysterious?

Last edited by Amtmann; 02-04-2009 at 22:56.
07-04-2009, 03:12   #132
mysterious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furet View Post
Good. Where did you hear that from, Mysterious?
Seen the local signages on the closed roads adjacent to the new bridges.
This was last week. We actually were driving up one of these back roads, only to find out by accident that these were cut off due to the placing of the new overbridges.

Passed Borris in Ossary, the final surfacing is going in for the new roundabout for the M7 link.

Guys I have bad news, which is what is what was on my mind the last week. It looks like the M7/M8 is going to be delayed further from the way I have seen the works over the last few weeks. The Castletown scheme is pacing fast for the last few weeks. To prove my point. The Castetown scheme ends at Borris in Ossary and the reason why they are advancing on this scheme of the M7/M8 leg here, is because the Castletown section will more than likely finish around 2010 anyway, so they have to complete this link for the Castletown leg to rejoin the N7 at Borris in Ossary. So you can bet that the M7/M8 will be the last of the entire South west motorway puzzle The Mountrath N7 flyover still looks abandoned since last week.

Mountrath and Abbeyleix

So am I right in saying we will have Two motorways M7/M8 dumping at Mountrath and Abbeyleix in 2010 What do you reckon?
08-04-2009, 00:15   #133
Amtmann
Closed Account

I'm after finding an interesting NIMBY website, a relic from the early years of this decade, opposed to the Limerick to Nenagh scheme. It contains a repository of old press reports about the scheme: http://www.geocities.com/n7motorway/newspaper.html
08-04-2009, 01:19   #134
mysterious
Banned

The Nenagh Toome interchange is crappy.

It should be baptised crappy interchange. God some planners are idiots
Three roundabout's there................................. .

Why are we constantly doing half arse jobs in this country. For christ sake.

Just build a new bridge, and give the R445 a straight run over the Castletown scheme. It does NOT have to be where the old crappy arch bridge is. it's actually stupid to retain it. It\s too narrow and its just annoying me now. You also have to rebuild a new section of Road to realign the Old N7. This kind of **** wrecks my head.

Just build a proper fupping flyover on a straight alignment that literally goes in the same path as the old N7 (east west)and just build left on/off slips for christ sakes

Put some WTC7 explosives in that Arch bridge too if you have a hold of them explosives.

Rant over.
Thanks from:
08-04-2009, 09:59   #135
Carawaystick

Quote:
So am I right in saying we will have Two motorways M7/M8 dumping at Mountrath and Abbeyleix in 2010 What do you reckon?
Nope, the M8 stops south of Cullahill, so there's Durrow first.
Thread Closed