Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-11-2008, 19:23   #1
Oracle

Buy 1 get 1 free on all Tesco Mobile top-ups from €10+ (free credit lasts 30 days)

Tesco Mobile are now matching your paid top-up (amounts from €10) with the same amount in free call credit, valid for 30 days from top-up. The only catch is your paid for credit is used first, then the free credit: http://www.tescomobile.ie/index.aspx

Terms and conditions: http://www.tescomobile.ie/great_deals.aspx

Good deal on the Motorola V3 for €40 with up to €125 free credit: http://shop.tescomobile.ie/phones/di...hone.aspx?p=29
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-11-2008, 21:32   #2
shalom

can I put my old sim card in this phone or does it have to be a tesco sim card? I am with vodafone.
06-11-2008, 21:51   #3
Esel

You can port your existing number from vodafone.

Also, the free credit in the above Get One free offer expires after thirty days, according to the T&Cs.
06-11-2008, 21:54   #4
Oracle

You can't use your old SIM card in this phone, it's locked to the Tesco Mobile network. But you can move your number over to them, although if you're on Pay As You Go, you'll lose any existing call credit on your old network. So it's best to use that up first: http://www.tescomobile.ie/KeepYourNumber.aspx

Last edited by Oracle; 06-11-2008 at 21:58.
06-11-2008, 22:07   #5
shalom

ok Thanks for your help. I want to stay with vodafone for various reasons. I appreciate the help.
Advertisement
07-11-2008, 00:46   #6
PeterDuggan

Steer clear of Tesco Mobile. They love removing your credit!
07-11-2008, 08:48   #7
thecivvie

Send a message via ICQ to thecivvie Send a message via AIM to thecivvie Send a message via MSN to thecivvie Send a message via Yahoo to thecivvie Send a message via Skype™ to thecivvie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDuggan View Post
Steer clear of Tesco Mobile. They love removing your credit!
Strange never happened to my or my kids
07-11-2008, 09:45   #8
PeterDuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecivvie View Post
Strange never happened to my or my kids
Ah but you wouldn't know... they remove it without telling you.

I discovered this only by accident. Thought I had just used up the credit myself but when I pressed them for details they admitted "actually we removed it". Has since been noticed by some mates as well.

Might look like good value but if they're removing bits of your credit they're not!
07-11-2008, 13:04   #9
Oracle

I think you're being a bit unfair to Tesco Mobile Peter. Any extra free call credit that Tesco Mobile apply expires after 30 days, any top-ups you pay for do not expire. This is clearly stated in their terms and conditions: http://www.tescomobile.ie/terms/tcs_free_credit.aspx under point 7, and the expiry date is clearly shown in your account online. Plus all free extra credit is used before paid credit so overall it's fair. As far as I remember, they send a text message about this as well.
Advertisement
07-11-2008, 16:18   #10
PeterDuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Any extra free call credit that Tesco Mobile apply expires after 30 days, any top-ups you pay for do not expire. This is clearly stated in their terms and conditions: http://www.tescomobile.ie/terms/tcs_free_credit.aspx under point 7, and the expiry date is clearly shown in your account online. Plus all free extra credit is used before paid credit so overall it's fair. As far as I remember, they send a text message about this as well.
Well no I'm just stating the facts - which I discovered by chance and which most people are probably unaware of.

Tesco's unique policy (of deleting people's credit) is certainly not clearly stated at all. It's a a fairly nasty thing to delete someone's credit without their knowledge. Tesco's policy should be clear in big print on their advertising and the front of literature before you buy. It's not. Instead it's buried in the very small print of T&C's enclosed with the product.

My friends have discovered by chance several lots of credit which were removed from their phones by Tesco in most cases without any notice, text message or otherwise.

And by the way all credit (including top-ups) can be deleted by Tesco. Their own staff are confused as to when paid credit is removed but confirm that they do in fact remove it.

Maybe Tesco will change this policy but until then - steer clear!
07-11-2008, 16:40   #11
Oracle

Sorry for your trouble Peter. This has not happened to me, I'd say if this was widespread there would be a lot of bad reports about Tesco Mobile. As far as I know there's not. You and your friends you should complain to Comreg and ask for a refund. On a point of information, their policy of free credit expiring is not unique, free credit also expires after 30 days with 3 Ireland.
07-11-2008, 16:52   #12
Morlar
Closed Account

Quote:
Good deal on the Motorola V3 for €40 with up to €125 free credit: http://shop.tescomobile.ie/phones/di...hone.aspx?p=29
Shame it's pink. Also the conditions on the €125 credit - ie you have to topup by €20 per month to get much of that in €8.50 installments which you then need to use per month and the other conditions too.
07-11-2008, 19:45   #13
Oracle

It's a shame there's so much moaning and groaning on this thread as well.
08-11-2008, 00:05   #14
Morlar
Closed Account

Quote:
It's a shame there's so much moaning and groaning on this thread as well.
I wouldn't call it moaning - just pointing out the details which were lacking in the original post.

The main one being that the phone is pink but also the stringent conditions to access the 'free' credit.

If the phone wasn't pink and the conditions were better I probably would have gone for it. I wouldn't call that moaning so maybe you should be a bit less sensitive.
08-11-2008, 01:54   #15
PeterDuggan

Quote:
Sorry for your trouble Peter. This has not happened to me, I'd say if this was widespread there would be a lot of bad reports about Tesco Mobile. As far as I know there's not. On a point of information, their policy of free credit expiring is not unique, free credit also expires after 30 days with 3 Ireland.
Yeah but I think most people don't even realise they've been done out of credit... they just assume they've used it up themselves.

Interesting about 3...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion