Apparently a decision on the CPO is due on the 7th November. Yes, a Galway paper has reported this, so take it with a pinch of salt.
A decision on the Galway City Outer Bypass is expected this Friday, 7 November.
The eagerly awaited decision from An Bord Pleanála has been held up repeatedly for a number of reasons, most recently the mandatory translation into Irish of the planning authority's order.
According to a spokesman for An Bord Pleanála, the Galway City Outer Bypass is "one of the most complex projects" the board has on its books at the moment.
"This is a complex case and there's a lot involved. It's a very technical order and that's time consuming to translate. This isn't the first time this has happened; it often does in Gaeltacht areas. Because the Irish version is also a legal document, we have to be satisfied with it legally," he explained.
Galway Chamber, IBEC West and a number of local representatives, including Frank Fahey, have been supportive of the bypass in the past, but it's now uncertain whether Government funding will be available to complete it due to Budget cutbacks.
Yes, with the cutbacks who knows whats going to happen to this. However, it wasnt specifically on the chop list. Will it be a tolled PPP? Who knows. Being as close as it is (~50km) from the Cappaghtaggle toll on the M6 to Dublin and being that it'll be the 3rd Dublin - Galway toll I doubt it.
Who knows. All will be revealed I'm sure. What we do know is that this is fairly high on the 'NRA list of priorities'.