Silvercrest/Lidl Universal Remote Control - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-10-2008, 16:51   #1
TheRealBoss

Silvercrest/Lidl Universal Remote Control

Just got the 8 in 1 Silvercrest universal remote control from Lidl today.

I got the Sanyo TV and the Samsung DVD/VCR working with it but can't get the Silvercrest satelitte receiver working with it !

I saw a previous post about it and it mentioned about using the learn function but have tried to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?
Advertisement
02-10-2008, 18:23   #2
peadar99

I'd say return them - I got a couple of them at the weekend, but got nowhere with either of them, so I brought them back.
They had settings for my TV and worked ok with that, but they refused to learn from the Silvercrest receiver's remote.

The lack of settings for a Silvercrest receiver was pretty annoying - I guess it was because the remote and receiver weren't made by the same company [Comag for the receiver, and Tucan, I think, for the remote].
I tried the Medion and Tevion settings as well, just in case there was something in there which would work, but nothing did.
02-10-2008, 22:10   #3
TheRealBoss

UPDATE: got the remote control working on the silvercrest sat receiver ...... using the 'learn' function on the remote control (thanks to help from a previous poster here).
03-10-2008, 15:39   #4
celticfc

Send a message via AIM to celticfc Send a message via MSN to celticfc Send a message via Yahoo to celticfc
Yep, the learn function on that remote is great, it makes the buttons completely customisable.

It's still odd that they have no code available for a product that carries the same brand name though.

Even though, it's a great bargain @ €7.99
Thanks from:
29-11-2008, 20:44   #5
jamtheman

i have the same problem!!! xcept i dont have a remote to do the learn mode thingy??? any suggestions....... they seem to have codesfor every other silvercrest except sat!!!
Advertisement
30-11-2008, 20:29   #6
easkey

Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfc View Post
Yep, the learn function on that remote is great, it makes the buttons completely customisable.

It's still odd that they have no code available for a product that carries the same brand name though.

Even though, it's a great bargain @ €7.99

Yes I also think they are great value..........
I use one for a sky box, another for a Technomate sat-box
and a Luxor TV HD
which are not on the list for the remote.
You would pay big money for the learn function on another remote.

GREAT VALUE

18-04-2009, 14:20   #7
Johnny Tralee

Tevion 8 in 1

I've lost my instruction book can anyone give me a breif reminded of how to program this remote or direct me to a website with the remote setup?
18-04-2009, 18:52   #8
celticfc

Send a message via AIM to celticfc Send a message via MSN to celticfc Send a message via Yahoo to celticfc
Manual here

It's not that exact remote, but I think the buttons are the same/similar
08-06-2009, 17:30   #9
Johnny Storm

Even though it is a Silvercrest product, it is supported on the Targa website (don't ask me why )
Here's the manual:
http://www.service.targa.co.uk/faq.p...nbedienung.jpg

I think its a great remote (for the money!) but mine recently started eating batterys in less than one day.

Last edited by Johnny Storm; 08-06-2009 at 18:17.
Advertisement
09-06-2009, 11:15   #10
Ger Roe

If your remote is eating batteries, it probably has a stuck key that is active all the time.

You can test it by viewing your remote through a digital camera (or a camera on a mobile phone). Point the front of the remote at the camera lens while watching on the camera view screen. If the LED on the remote is showing as glowing white, then it is active.

Check the rubber buttons to make sure one of them is not stuck down and permanently being pressed.
Thanks from:
09-06-2009, 11:53   #11
celticfc

Another version available on the 15th: See here
09-06-2009, 20:26   #12
Johnny Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Roe View Post
If your remote is eating batteries, it probably has a stuck key that is active all the time.

You can test it by viewing your remote through a digital camera (or a camera on a mobile phone). Point the front of the remote at the camera lens while watching on the camera view screen. If the LED on the remote is showing as glowing white, then it is active.
That's a great tip with the camera! Thanks, Ger Roe. In fact when I do as you suggest it is actually not stuck on. When I do press a key (only) I can see the two IR thingies lighting up.
I'm no expert but I guessing that some resister or capacitor or what-have-you has failed.
Targa have said the other day thay are going to send me a new one, which when/if I get it would be first rate service IMHO.

CelticFC, that one you posted is quite different looking. But if my replacement does not show up from Targa I'd risk a tenner on it
10-06-2009, 12:09   #13
agentsmith

Celticfc - do you know if this latest remote in lidl 15th will work on amstrad sky+ box? as need get second remote and not sure if better to go with sky+ remote from ebay or similar (but more expensive)
10-06-2009, 14:07   #14
celticfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Celticfc - do you know if this latest remote in lidl 15th will work on amstrad sky+ box? as need get second remote and not sure if better to go with sky+ remote from ebay or similar (but more expensive)
Well even if it doesn't have a code for it (which it may do), providing you have the original remote to hand you can use the "learn" function to make it work.
10-06-2009, 14:50   #15
agentsmith

Guess worth getting for the money anyway.

Plasma model is LG which even original sky did not have codes for so unlikely on this uni remote either?. LG actually very difficult to find codes for (wish I knew that before got tv over other models).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion