Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cdwow problems.

• 18-08-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey, placed a order from cdwow on the 6th of July(first time ordering) anyway 2 weeks passed after it was dispatched and got nothing so emailed them they said wait etc so i waiting and waited and emailed and emailed, always got a prompt reply off them, Anyway i Sent them a Very Stiff Email and they accepted the fact my item didnt come and said they would send a replacement i said i have waited long enough and asked for a refund yet 3 days passed no reply to my emails and the item was dispatched 3 days later. Anyway i decided to give them some time and another 2 weeks have gone by i have sent 4 emails and they have ignored them. I paid with Laser if that matters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

This time last year I had the same thing happen me, and had also paid with Laser. My bank told me as Laser is treated as a cash transaction, I could not claim my money back through them. It took about 10 weeks from time of order before I finally got my money back. They used to be fab, but last year they got sanctioned with a huge tax bill (the excuse the gave me at the time was a fire in the warehouse, which I doubt very much), and were then taken over by another company. Since then I no longer trust them, and stick with play.com these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

And how did you go about getting your money back?Yeah i rang the bank awhile ago and they said the same thing.

I wrote a strongly worded letter, and they eventually came clean. Working in a Solicitors office though has its advantages, and using legal jargon usually sets alarm bells ringing in people's minds.

I should be able to get a Solicitors letter fairly easy just a pity i have to go via this route should of gone with play never had a problem with them. First and most Def last i will be ordering from cdwow.

I wrote a strongly worded letter, and they eventually came clean. Working in a Solicitors office though has its advantages, and using legal jargon usually sets alarm bells ringing in people's minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

eek just ordered something using laser last week from cdwow but it was despatched the next day, hope it comes...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I find if you order something outside of the Top 75 you are in for a bit of a wait. I ordered some metal albums at end of June and only received them about 3 weeks ago. In saying that 2 came from the US and one from Australia therefore waiting so long.

One did not arrive and I got a refund straight away but that was after 2 months. I also ordered a cd within the Top 75 while waiting for this order and it arrived within a week.

Nea wrote: »
    I find if you order something outside of the Top 75 you are in for a bit of a wait. I ordered some metal albums at end of June and only received them about 3 weeks ago. In saying that 2 came from the US and one from Australia therefore waiting so long.

One did not arrive and I got a refund straight away but that was after 2 months. I also ordered a cd within the Top 75 while waiting for this order and it arrived within a week.

Is there anyway of knowing where the item has to come from?

Don't think so, but the company that took CDWow over are an Australian company, as far as I can remember.

At the moment i am getting replies from CDwow but the Same emails i got off them before the same generic ones, and when i asked for a supervisor to email they did but when the same email as before. Needless to say this is REALLY annoying me.No Matter what i say i am getting the exact same emails from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is there anyway of knowing where the item has to come from?
    The label was different than normal, one had a US address at the side of it and the other an Aussie address but they also had a royal mail sticker on them?

• Advertisement

At the moment i am getting replies from CDwow but the Same emails i got off them before the same generic ones, and when i asked for a supervisor to email they did but when the same email as before. Needless to say this is REALLY annoying me.No Matter what i say i am getting the exact same emails from them.
    Did you have any luck getting your money back?

Think I'm going to have to start badgering them for mine too........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Guys, I mentioned it before some time back on this forum.

If you are having any problems email Tammy Stewart who is the Customer Services Director. Her email address is: tammy@cd-wow.com

I had sooo many bad experiences I've stopped using them altogether. They were very good 5 or 6 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Used to be my first port of call but over the last year or so they have just gone terrible.

They do have some things hard to find elsewhere for reasonable prices but I ordered something last May and it took it over a month after dispatch to arrive:eek:

Im afraid they just cant be trusted anymore which is a huge shame:(

Guys, I mentioned it before some time back on this forum.

If you are having any problems email Tammy Stewart who is the Customer Services Director. Her email address is: tammy@cd-wow.com

I had sooo many bad experiences I've stopped using them altogether. They were very good 5 or 6 years ago.

Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They were very good 5 or 6 years ago.

Yes, but for the last 2 years anyway, it's been nothing but problems. I found them extremely slow, even a response to a query on delays had a delay. Last order of mine went on for weeks before I demanded a refund, having been repeatedly asked to wait longer, which itself took ages to come through after they agreed to it.

If you paid with a credit card, you can ask the bank to do a charge back, but if you used Laser you're pretty much waiting at CDWow's pleasure.

What e-mail address does everyone use to contact CDWOW?

I'm not getting any reply

So far i have been waiting 2 1/2 months for first product and replacement product to be received yet i have not got ANYTHING yet they still wont reply to my emails

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Given that CDwow appears to be a waste of time, I've now un-subscribed from their mailing-list. It seems that throwing your money out of the window is the same as ordering something from them.

Seems to be alright i will be taking legal action me thinks at this stage.
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Given that CDwow appears to be a waste of time, I've now un-subscribed from their mailing-list. It seems that throwing your money out of the window is the same as ordering something from them.

So far i have been waiting 2 1/2 months for first product and replacement product to be received yet i have not got ANYTHING yet they still wont reply to my emails
    Were you just using the support@cd-wow.com address?

• Advertisement

No i have been using the email address that they used to reply, i use reply@cd-wow, but emailed the tammy one there to see do i get a reply/

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Were you just using the support@cd-wow.com address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Used my Pigsback points to get a CDWOW voucher.
    Ordered two PC games on the 8th August, current status is Dispatched.
    Email from CDwow said 10 days for delivery.
    Still no goods, made contact last week and they replied asking me to wait 5 more days for goods to arrive.
    It will be 5 more days tomorrow, still nothing yet.

Waste of time, will be sending a complaint not only to CDWOW but to Pigsback also who advertise and promote the voucher.

:mad::mad:

Is there a contact number for cdwow?

RobbieMc wrote: »
    Used my Pigsback points to get a CDWOW voucher.
    Ordered two PC games on the 8th August, current status is Dispatched.
    Email from CDwow said 10 days for delivery.
    Still no goods, made contact last week and they replied asking me to wait 5 more days for goods to arrive.
    It will be 5 more days tomorrow, still nothing yet.

Waste of time, will be sending a complaint not only to CDWOW but to Pigsback also who advertise and promote the voucher.

:mad::mad:

Yeah it's getting beyond a joke, going to send another e-mail today to a few of their addresses. Which e-mail address did you use? :mad:

@PowerHouseDan

I've only seen a postal address and e-mail addresses for them.......

Yeah i thought so, i dunno how companies like that get away with ignoring people and expect people to wait months for items.

Yeah i thought so, i dunno how companies like that get away with ignoring people and expect people to wait months for items.
    Yeah Im going to keep on tryin though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Ah ****e! CDWOW are the only online crowd that accept laser (dont have a credit card) and they've got something I want. It sounds like it's a gamble with your money ordering from them :(

Ah ****e! CDWOW are the only online crowd that accept laser (dont have a credit card) and they've got something I want. It sounds like it's a gamble with your money ordering from them :(

Don't use laser for online purchases as no come back from the bank, whereas you can do a charge back with a credit card. I learnt this the hard way

Very true as AIB told me Laser transfer is like a Cash Transfer. On the Up side i got a refund off Cdwow yesterday!!! Woohoo! only took 2.5months

Don't use laser for online purchases as no come back from the bank, whereas you can do a charge back with a credit card. I learnt this the hard way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I don't have a credit card and nor do I want one . In the UK lots of people use their Debit Cards for online stuff including paypal. Why is it so different in Ireland does anyone know ?

Advertisement