Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colored Glass for splashback..where to buy

Options
  • 28-07-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Apart from Colour Glass, are there any other suppliers that do coloured glass for kitchen splashbacks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭AlanD

We're looking for the same thing and spotted: http://www.colourglass.ie/ which you mentioned above and if you get the B&Q brochures, they have a similar product which isn't too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Alan we have also discovered the Panelling Centre in Dublin does these altough I havent been down to see them, this might interest you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Leatherman

Hi, I've been sorting out a new kitchen and I'm interested in the colour glass splashbacks. The website hints at it being expensive but does anyone have more information on approx prices?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The Panelling Centre have a good range and it's not expensive - they do matching glass tiles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I have a glass splashback (tempered) behind my Rangemaster Ceramic, size 1100 x 700, and then i have the same glass running along the counter tops, around a corner, about 3 inches high, 2 metres long. Total cost Euro 300!! And i got it in the colour i wanted, which is a deep aubergine purple colour. You supply the company with a RAL paint number.
    I priced the same splashback with Colourglass, came to Euro 1,000. I looked at those in Panell House, which are nice but they only come in certain sizes, and those glass tiles are 70 euro each a piece.

If anyone wants supplier that I used please PM. It's a local Limerick glass company, so not sure how far a field they would go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

I recently got a piece of glass splashback in B&Q. They have a limited range in terms of size and colour but i got exactly the right size and colour and it only cost €130 or so. It was easy to put up also. It's a sticky back and i just siliconed around the edges afterwards.

It may sound a bit cheap but it's a great finish. I had looked into some of the far pricier options and this turned out to be a great deal. Bit of a wait though as it had to be shipped from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

Just a quick update on my B&Q recommendation above - it just shattered while on the wall!! While making dinner the other night i heard a loud bang and turned to find it in pieces. Mind you it's still on the wall at the minute while i try and get a refund from them.

It looks like the heat from the hob caused it to shatter. Anyone else experience similar problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 corkcab

Hi ,

We are looking into Coloured Glass Splashback at the present & are wondering if anybody heard about or dealt with a company called Coloursplashbacks.ie

Regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

corkcab wrote: »
    Hi ,

We are looking into Coloured Glass Splashback at the present & are wondering if anybody heard about or dealt with a company called Coloursplashbacks.ie

Regards

Don't be hauling up old threads, I will leave it for now.

I am also a bit suss on the post, I am presuming you have no connection with the company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 corkcab

No I dont have anything to do with them but was considering doing business with them & was wondering if anyone here had dealt with them & were they satisfied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ulrikaka

Corkcab
    Did you end up using Colour Splashbacks - were you happy with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shadowdog

Hi could you pm me the Limerick Company that does the Glass splashbacks please?
    Thanks SD

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Colourglass had an ad in the Home section of the Sunday Times yesterday offering 50% off at the moment. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭u2thepale

We're in the process of revamping our house which we bought two years ago.., after getting the new kitchen installed the back splash was next , originally we were going to tile, but always had my eye on a glass splashback but the price was holding us back ....

Colour Glass had dropped their prices so I took the plunge, have never looked back ,enhances the kitchen IMHO, and more importantly the one that must be obeyed Loves it :)

Have no affilitaion with them but just giving my opinion , the only downside I found was that we had to pay upfront , which I normally would'nt do ,especially in these times, .
    The install took the lads 40 mins and it was up , sockets already cut out and measured perfectly!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

shadowdog wrote: »
    Hi could you pm me the Limerick Company that does the Glass splashbacks please?
    Thanks SD

Could you send me details as well pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kitchen Expert

The one thing you have to make sure when buying a glass splashback is that it is good quality. I have seen glass splashbacks fade over time and the look awful. Also make sure that it is toughened glass you are buying. Cheapest isn't always the best but I know budgets have to be considered.

Thanks for advice, would stainless steel be better for that? I am getting high gloss kitchen, plump colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kitchen Expert

Hi Iwo,

I would say to go with glass. Much easier to keep clean and not as cold looking as stainless steel.

If you have chosen a plum coloured kitchen then stick with a neutral glass colour that won't clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

2 more companies that do glass splash backs:
    http://www.corkglass.ie (prices are available in their website)
    http://www.capitalglass.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mandieodee

I have a glass splashback (tempered) behind my Rangemaster Ceramic, size 1100 x 700, and then i have the same glass running along the counter tops, around a corner, about 3 inches high, 2 metres long. Total cost Euro 300!! And i got it in the colour i wanted, which is a deep aubergine purple colour. You supply the company with a RAL paint number.
    I priced the same splashback with Colourglass, came to Euro 1,000. I looked at those in Panell House, which are nice but they only come in certain sizes, and those glass tiles are 70 euro each a piece.

If anyone wants supplier that I used please PM. It's a local Limerick glass company, so not sure how far a field they would go.

hiya,, my name is amanda i was wondering could i get the name of your supplier.... your splashbacks sound wicked and i'd love them but just don't think i could afford them!!!
    Thanks
    Amanda

• Advertisement

mandieodee wrote: »
    hiya,, my name is amanda i was wondering could i get the name of your supplier.... your splashbacks sound wicked and i'd love them but just don't think i could afford them!!!
    Thanks
    Amanda

I sent you a private massage with info required... :)

Regards,
    Iwo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hi, i was wondering if anyone has tried the ikea plastic splash back?

they have a multi-coloured one i really like - he isnt too of the quality

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/tools/kitchen_style_selector

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lindabeirne

Afternoon,Im very interested to know the name of the Limerick company who supply these glass splashbacks, im doing up an old house and I think it might help lighten up what is quite a dark small kitchen, I would appreciate it if you could forward the company's name to me. Im new to boards.ie - - only this afternoon!
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 esther68

Hi just wondering what the name of this company in limerick who does the glass is? PM me thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stormflow

Hi there!I got my glass so PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chocolate Chip

Just looking at getting one of these splashbacks. I have tried contacting colourglass several times but no answer. There's a post on Magic Mum saying that the product is lovely but customer service is very bad.

I'm over there usually so no posts here and it won't allow me to PM you directly LobsterLady. Could you give me the details of the Limerick crowd? Thanks a million.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

I find these guys very handy Top Glass Splashbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Casa 2013

Hi

Could you pm me the number for this colour glass supplier pls?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭igilvarry

Please PM company in Limerick also to me. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭igilvarry

Anyone know what happened to Colourglass in Ranelagh? Have they closed or reformed in a new venture?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement