Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion] - Page 601 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

14-09-2010, 12:46   #9001
JP Liz V1

Spoiler: So Suzanne is going to turn into the abusive partner in the marriage and not Damo

I dont think there is anything left in Carrigstown for Bob even though lately I am coming around and really liking his character
Advertisement
14-09-2010, 12:55   #9002
lods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Spoiler: So Suzanne is going to turn into the abusive partner in the marriage and not Damo

I dont think there is anything left in Carrigstown for Bob even though lately I am coming around and really liking his character

My issue is i hate Murray, Dinoland
14-09-2010, 13:01   #9003
angel01
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post

I think that was always on the cards! I love Bob

Whooo 9000 fair city wonderful posts.. long live Fair City
Thanks from:
14-09-2010, 14:39   #9004
angel01
Closed Account

Spoiler!!

What a picture

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_145_6.jpg

or even worse!

http://i1.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_145_7.jpg

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_145_2.jpg

Thanks from:
14-09-2010, 14:41   #9005
angel01
Closed Account

Have they changed the actress who plays Charlotte?

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_146_7.jpg
Advertisement
14-09-2010, 14:54   #9006
Epicurus
Closed Account

Victor Burke interview

Quote:

Meet the Actors: Victor Burke

Lady's man, chancer, mummy's boy, Wayne Molloy is all this and more. Though his scruples may be askew, there is no denying he misses his sisters, and still craves a sense of approval from his deceased dad.

We delve deeper into the psyche of Wayne, and pose some of your questions to Victor Burke.
How did it feel coming back to play the part of Wayne again?
It was very strange at first, like the 'first day back at school', I was a little nervous but everyone was welcoming and I settled in quickly.
Victor, what are your best memories from being in Fair City during the 1990s.
I had a ball in the early days, not saying I don't now, but I guess I was younger and had no responsibilities.
Who do you miss the most from the good old days?
I miss David Mitchell (Jimmy) and Paul Raynor (Harry Molloy) the most, as we worked together all the time. I remember David and myself basically spending all our time recovering from our previous weekend adventures! Great times!
What are the main differences working on Fair City now, compared to your first time around?
Well, the number of episodes is the main difference. I do think that we have an amazing group of people running the show now and they are committed to making it the best it can be, a show we can be honestly proud of.
Do you feel Wayne has matured since you last played him?
Well, I hope I have (it was 10 years ago!), but I do think that he has matured. I don't think anyone would be interested if he was just playing around all the time.
What has been your favourite storyline to work on since your return to the show?
I really enjoyed the storyline with Bob, that allowed me to push Wayne in different directions and to play about with scenes.
What do you think Wayne's strengths & weaknesses are?
Strengths; can see the funny side to any situation. Weakness; the ladies.
I think the perfect job for Wayne would be to work in McCoys; is there any hope of that?
Not sure of that one. Nobody tells me anything, they must not trust me in here! The fun thing with Wayne is that he could work anywhere.
Are there anymore skeletons in Wayne's past life in America that we are yet to find out about?
Oh God, I hope so. I lived in the states and met some people with crazy stories so who knows what could follow him home!
If you had a choice, what storyline would you give Wayne next?
If I had a choice.... Wayne and Damian go on a World tour.
Which of the Carrigstown ladies would most likely be Wayne's type?
Anything with a heartbeat from what I can see. I do personally hope for more in the future!!
How different are you to the character you play?
Well, actors all bring a little of themselves to every character. But differences? I hope I'm a little more responsible and caring than Wayne.
I love the relationship between Dolores and Wayne. Is it enjoyable to work with Martina?
She is a wonderful lady, and made me feel at ease coming back into the show and she is a pleasure to work with.big fan here!
Who would you like to work more closely with?
I'm enjoying working with different characters and I guess I like the fact that Wayne could work with anyone.
Who makes you laugh most on set?
Have to say Maclean Burke (Damien). We've known each other a longtime and are mates. Love the cast - great bunch and very enjoyable to work with.
Do the cast spend a lot of time together outside of work?
I'm very busy with my family and other work commitments so I don't really have any free-time! We keep planning things but Maclean keeps letting me down!!
Did you have fun filming 8.5 Hours? What did you think of the bizarre storylines when you read the script?
Where did you see that! I did enjoy that film and I guess my character couldn't be further away from Wayne! I thought the script was excellent and I loved my role, challenging to say the least!
Do you get much feedback from viewers of the Fair City?
I'm always amazed at the love people have for the show and I've been asked everywhere for shampoo (Los Angeles last week!!). Luckily they have only said nice things.
Are you working on any other projects outside of Fair City at the moment?
I've no time at the moment but I have written some scripts that are at different stages, and I'm enjoying that whole side of things, very interesting!
What advice would you give to anyone hoping to pursue a career in acting?
Like my mother said get a trade first (maybe that's not a good idea now though!). I believe that life is mapped out for us all and that what will be will be.
Thanks for the questions and be good!
http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/victorburkemta.html
14-09-2010, 15:03   #9007
eimearcmh

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel01 View Post
Have they changed the actress who plays Charlotte?

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/37/550w_faircity_146_7.jpg
I don't think so, i presume shes just got a wig on until her hair grows back from the chemo.
14-09-2010, 15:07   #9008
angel01
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
Brilliant interview, loads of my questions were asked
14-09-2010, 16:50   #9009
Epicurus
Closed Account

Knows how to have fun as well

http://omg.wthax.org/SDH.jpg
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2010, 19:10   #9010
deelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lods View Post
My issue is i hate Murray, Dinoland
So what - he tried, he failed and now he is conquering in his acting skills. Sometimes in life we don't make the right choices - he doesn't need to be hammered for it.
14-09-2010, 20:06   #9011
Alice1

Pogoland
14-09-2010, 20:28   #9012
angel01
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
Knows how to have fun as well

http://omg.wthax.org/SDH.jpg

Just had to
14-09-2010, 20:28   #9013
Little Acorn

Can't stand that character Suzanne!!!

Guess it shows shes a good enough actress though, for her to be able to elicit such a strong dislike in me.
14-09-2010, 21:01   #9014
Gibson101

Thought Suzanne was great. She really is getting into the role of being a nagging wife. Lovely touch with the mirror. Thought it was excellent. Great drama with those two. Nice to see Bela back. For me he's up there with some of the greats of Irish Television.
14-09-2010, 22:33   #9015
Meeja Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Acorn View Post
Can't stand that character Suzanne!!!

Guess it shows shes a good enough actress though, for her to be able to elicit such a strong dislike in me.
I know how you feel. I really admire the way she is taking this story and running with it. I wonder if she is geting weird reactions on the street, but she's turning in a gutsy performance anyway.

But I do want to put a boot through the screen sometimes.

That was a great scene with Damien and Neasa too.
Thread Closed