Old Irish Banknotes - Ploughmans and Lady Lavery - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-07-2008, 16:50   #1
ApocalypseAces

Old Irish Banknotes - Ploughmans and Lady Lavery

Hey, im new to boards but have found it strange that there are no threads relating directly to the Ploughmans series of Banknotes.

I am a keen collector of all Irish banknotes and im in the process of getting my very own Ploughmans £5 sometime this week. My concern is that although i want to complete my full collection i fear i will never ever get my hands on a Ploughmans £10 banknote, its taken me almost 8 years to get the £5.

If anyone has knowledge in this field please discuss on this thread, as i say i can help with your concerns on these banknotes as i have them all, although i have very little solid knowledge with the worth of each note, again people can inform me of the full range of notes as they seem fit. I woulnt be that accurate in my estimations.

I know the Ploughmans series include the 1,5,10,20,50 and 100 pound banknote although after in depth study i found that all of the 20,50 & 100 notes have been reclaimed and accounted for.

Please add any knowledge, concerns, feedback or related topics here.

Cheers
Advertisement
23-07-2008, 00:12   #2
CowboyDreams

Mod: Chess
hi would you know how much the £1 ploughman is worth. thanks!
23-07-2008, 09:17   #3
ApocalypseAces

£1 Ploughmans

Hey Cowboy,
I bought a Ploughmans pound 6 years ago for €187, it has no cuts, tears or pinholes but has little or no rigidity or crisp in it, its soft and quite grubby looking. I am currently bidding on one of the cleanest plougmans note ive ever seen and its already fetching circa €350 and i imagine its gonna reach between €420 and €500.

If your looking to sell a note, id put it on ebay with good scans or photos and a detailed description. You will have no problem selling it for a good price.
23-07-2008, 13:01   #4
CowboyDreams

Mod: Chess
Hey thanks a million for the info. But I dont want to sell it lol I was just wondering! I'd like to keep it for myself
16-12-2008, 21:22   #5
upper gweedore

Ploughman notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypseAces View Post
Hey, im new to boards but have found it strange that there are no threads relating directly to the Ploughmans series of Banknotes.

I am a keen collector of all Irish banknotes and im in the process of getting my very own Ploughmans £5 sometime this week. My concern is that although i want to complete my full collection i fear i will never ever get my hands on a Ploughmans £10 banknote, its taken me almost 8 years to get the £5.

If anyone has knowledge in this field please discuss on this thread, as i say i can help with your concerns on these banknotes as i have them all, although i have very little solid knowledge with the worth of each note, again people can inform me of the full range of notes as they seem fit. I woulnt be that accurate in my estimations.

I know the Ploughmans series include the 1,5,10,20,50 and 100 pound banknote although after in depth study i found that all of the 20,50 & 100 notes have been reclaimed and accounted for.

Please add any knowledge, concerns, feedback or related topics here.

Cheers
I have a Royal bank 10 pound ploughman 06/05/1929 no 01RT 000253if you are interested
Advertisement
16-12-2008, 21:46   #6
ApocalypseAces

£10 Ploughmans?

Hey Upper Gweedore, i would be very interested in this note. Can you upload scanned images and email them to me? You can get me on Gahan01@gmail.com. and fill me in on any information you may have on this note. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards
16-12-2008, 21:47   #7
ApocalypseAces

Quote:
Originally Posted by upper gweedore View Post
I have a Royal bank 10 pound ploughman 06/05/1929 no 01RT 000253if you are interested
Hey Upper Gweedore, i would be very interested in this note. Can you upload scanned images and email them to me? You can get me on Gahan01@gmail.com. and fill me in on any information you may have on this note. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards
16-01-2009, 18:24   #8
scooby the dog

hello there did you ever sell your ploughmans £10.00
01-07-2009, 18:33   #9
aidy84

£1 irish ploughman note

i have a £1 irish ploughman note.
its in fairly good condition no rips or tears.
the date on the note is 10-6-29.
will be 80years old this year.
as there bringing out a new coin version this year on the euro i can only imagine its going to be worth alot more.
please reply if you want to buy this note.
thanks
Advertisement
02-07-2009, 06:30   #10
Anthony O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidy84 View Post
pm sent
29-07-2009, 16:31   #11
michael_087

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidy84 View Post
its in fairly good condition no rips or tears.
the date on the note is 10-6-29.
will be 80years old this year.
as there bringing out a new coin version this year on the euro i can only imagine its going to be worth alot more.
thanks
Hi. have you any pics of your note?
15-01-2010, 23:17   #12
upper gweedore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby the dog View Post
hello there did you ever sell your ploughmans £10.00
Hi.
No I did not sell it yet. Still on the market
15-01-2010, 23:19   #13
upper gweedore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalypseAces View Post
Hi.
I did not get any reply from you re Ploughman. I still have it for sale
16-01-2010, 09:32   #14
Preusse

Guys, as per forum charter please conduct any "For Sale" business on www.adverts.ie. Anyone who has an ad open there may link to it here.
04-03-2010, 11:29   #15
hblock21

Just wondering about how much would series A £50 & £100 bank notes be worth. My grandmother has one of each of these.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion