Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-08-2008, 15:30   #61
zuroph
mo-duh-rator

i fly in the morning with them, as i have done about 4-6 times a year, I'll let you know how i get on.
Advertisement
15-08-2008, 15:34   #62
Oryx
Made of Ticky Tacky

Send a message via MSN to Oryx
For those who never get email confirmation, I just got a second one from them. It must automatically trigger a few days before you go.
15-08-2008, 15:48   #63
axer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Redeye View Post
I think this must be illegal.

I booked a flight with Ryan air, the price per leg of the flight was displayed, i hit confirm, then the price of add ons was displayed showing the total cost at the bottom of the page, I hit confirm. Then it said "pay X", I hit confirm and now the bill - after my card has been debited is 10eur higher due to cc handling!

Surely its not legal to hide a charge like this, I've no doubt its somewhere in the T&C but there are requirements to have prominent notices of all charges. What government department can I complain to?
They show you the total cost right above where you enter your credit card details - how were you charged 10 euro more than was displayed there?
15-08-2008, 15:58   #64
jetski

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbillvol2 View Post
Maybe we should rename this thread: "Stupid things that people do and then blame Ryanair"?

First a guy sits at the gate and doesn't board the plane while everyone else does?

And then it's their fault that people don't follow the simple instruction to print the page or take down the reference number.

Jetski, you don't seem to listen to advice very well but here's some anyway:

Do me a favour and get lost, you havent a clue what your talking about.. they cause more problems when we got to the airport and are getting €250 each as compensation. good man yourself
15-08-2008, 16:01   #65
jetski

what person uses one of the most brutal films ever made as a user name . just an observation...
Advertisement
15-08-2008, 16:09   #66
Bard

Send a message via Yahoo to Bard Send a message via Skype™ to Bard
I have to agree with Oryx - I'm flying to London at the end of the month, staying for two nights. The return trip is costing me €34.98 - including taxes, booking fees, everything... but only because I didn't pay to check in a bag and didn't pay extra to be one of the first to board. All fine by me.

And no, I didn't wait for or rely on the email to arrive correctly (which it did, but that's beside the point)... I printed the confirmation web page to a TIF file (Microsoft Office Image Writer 'printer') and saved it, printing it later. I also have the confirmation number noted down in my phone.

Last edited by Bard; 15-08-2008 at 16:11.
15-08-2008, 16:11   #67
Stabshauptmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by axer View Post
They show you the total cost right above where you enter your credit card details - how were you charged 10 euro more than was displayed there?
In the attached upon quick glance it appears the billis 23eur, but its 33eur. I see this time around that there is a link to view handling fee, but I find the whole thing very misleading and Im sure most people miss it.

You see card payment type and a drop down menu, you know what to expect and switch off. The handling fee used to be shown prominently now its not. And this **** of being lamped with a checkin fee coming back to Ireland that was never mentioned when you bought and paid for your ticket.

Ryan air are dishonest and untrustworthy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ryanair.JPG (31.2 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Stabshauptmann; 15-08-2008 at 16:39.
15-08-2008, 16:26   #68
jetski

It usually is until their is a problem, and then their is a real problem...

if you dont fall into their monkeys working at the desks list of answers, you can forget about going or getting back from where ever your going/are, i arrived at the airport all ready to go on holidays checked in online... arrived at the part where you go into the duty free and was told their was a problem with the boarding pass.....

went back to the queue at the ryanair desk which was about 150 meters no exaggeration, tried to speak to anyone and everyone in a ryanir uniform and was iggnored/dissmissed by all, tried to skip the queue and just mention quickly i was due to board very soon and was abruptly and with a raised voice told that the queue was back their and i wont be getting delt with unless i queued.... finally got to the top of the queue and after complaining what the problem was, they clever little monkey told me it was my fault, and all because their system printed the wrong ticket and if i want to go on my holiday i would have to pay 75 euro and the next flight was tomorrow, when i asked for a connecting flight i was told i was blocking the queue and if i didnt move she was calling airport police.....

So thats the kind a crap your risking when you fly with that shower of tramps....

another example of what their like.... a woman standing beside me at the ryanir desk with a small baby in her arms crying her eyes out because she missed a flight due to the fact she had to queue and they wanted her to pay €75 which she didnt have, poor girl wasnt even from the country... thats another story... id love to see that sap michael in the street

anyway were getting €250 each as compensation from ryanair for the crap they caused.

monkey=idot for anyone wondering
15-08-2008, 16:28   #69
Fighting Irish

EITHER FLY FOR CHEAP AND PUT UP WITH THE BULL**** OR PAY MORE AND GO ON A MORE EXPENSIVE AIRLINE, BUT PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE THE CHEAP AIRLINE THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE BULL****
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-08-2008, 16:36   #70
Stabshauptmann

Cheap flights isnt an excuse.

If you book cheap accomadation you have no right to complain about poor facilities / poor location. Likewise with ryanair you might expect self check-in, no bags, no assigned seats, no in-flight meal etc

But being cheap is not an excuse to be deliberately misleading or intentionally unhelpful
15-08-2008, 16:37   #71
axer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetski View Post
went back to the queue at the ryanair desk which was about 150 meters no exaggeration, tried to speak to anyone and everyone in a ryanir uniform and was iggnored/dissmissed by all, tried to skip the queue and just mention quickly i was due to board very soon and was abruptly and with a raised voice told that the queue was back their and i wont be getting delt with unless i queued.... finally got to the top of the queue and after complaining what the problem was, they clever little monkey told me it was my fault, and all because their system printed the wrong ticket and if i want to go on my holiday i would have to pay 75 euro and the next flight was tomorrow, when i asked for a connecting flight i was told i was blocking the queue and if i didnt move she was calling airport police.....
What was the problem? You printed out the boarding pass for the return flight or what? Not sure how their system could print out the wrong boarding pass. Did it say the correct flights on the boarding pass?

Quote:
another example of what their like.... a woman standing beside me at the ryanir desk with a small baby in her arms crying her eyes out because she missed a flight due to the fact she had to queue and they wanted her to pay €75 which she didnt have, poor girl wasnt even from the country... thats another story... id love to see that sap michael in the street
Why did she have to queue? Did she not get herself to the airport on time?

Quote:
monkey=idot for anyone wondering
I presume you mean idiot? Don't know what an idot is.
15-08-2008, 16:38   #72
axer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Redeye View Post
Cheap flights isnt an excuse.

If you book cheap accomadation you have no right to complain about poor facilities / poor location. Likewise with ryanair you might expect self check-in, no bags, no assigned seats, no in-flight meal etc

But being cheap is not an excuse to be deliberately misleading or intentionally unhelpful
Ryanair should not be held responsible for human error or incompetence. People feel better blaming Ryanair than themselves I guess.

In your case it says that a booking fee applies and when you picked the appropriate payment method it updated the price accordingly. You just failed to look thus blame Ryanair instead for somehow hiding this price from you.
15-08-2008, 16:43   #73
jetski

Quote:
Originally Posted by axer View Post
Don't know what an idot is.
well you must be one if thats the case (idiot), are you always so annoying?

its a simple typo which is alittle obvious.....
15-08-2008, 16:46   #74
missingtime
Closed Account

When it works, its fantastic. When it doesn't its a god almighty nightmare and it doesn't help because when you go to complain or even enquire the people you are talking to are dog ****ing ignorant.

I've worked in loads and loads of customer facing jobs so I always try to be the polite customer but the Ryanair staff could do with a lesson in etiquette

Last edited by missingtime; 15-08-2008 at 16:48.
15-08-2008, 16:47   #75
jetski

Ive a feeling axer or someone he knows works in ryanair god love them... hence he feels the need to stick up for the team

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion