Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-06-2008, 15:38   #1
Gavin "shels"

Send a message via MSN to Gavin "shels"
Scrambled Egg

Probably one of the easiest things to make yet I feck it up. Making some this morning and it basically turned out like an omelette.

So how do you lot make your scrambled egg?
Advertisement
24-06-2008, 15:45   #2
delly
Radiator

I do the following to make two good size portions:

Crack 6 eggs in a jug and mix with grinded salt, pepper, teaspoon of mushed butter and about a 1/5 of a cup of milk. Mix well.

Melt some butter and olive oil in a pan and throw in the mix when ready.

From here its just a case of keeping it on a medium heat and continually stirred so as not to let it stick to the pan.

Et voila, eggs ala delly.
24-06-2008, 15:48   #3
eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin "shels" View Post
Probably one of the easiest things to make yet I feck it up. Making some this morning and it basically turned out like an omelette.

So how do you lot make your scrambled egg?
I was trying to make an omelette last week but it got stuck to the pan and fell apart as I tried to take it out-I ended up with scrambled egg.

But to make scrambled egg just through it all into the pan and keep moving stirring it while it cooks
24-06-2008, 15:50   #4
eclectichoney

I do them in the microwave. one whole egg and one white, whisk it up till it all goes yellow and add a wee dash of water. Nuke for 50 seconds. It will have started to stick to the edge of the bowl so break up the pieces and give it a good mix. Nuke for another 40 seconds. Break up the pieces with a fork and stir. Then another 20 seconds, break up the pieces and stir again. It might take another 10 or 20 seconds then Voila!

it's all about the stirring
24-06-2008, 15:52   #5
Dave!

Eve and Gavin should exchange recipes

Is it an absolute travesty to make scrambled egg in the microwave? Cos that's what I do

Anybody got interesting suggestions of what to add to make it interesting? I find breakfast boring at the best of times I just have 2 eggs and a bit of milk, and some salt and pepper. Maybe I'll throw in some cheese and butter next time...
Advertisement
24-06-2008, 15:58   #6
olaola

It's like an omlette with more hand action

Just break them up more - and leave them runnier.
24-06-2008, 15:58   #7
Minder

Scrambled egg for 2
Whish 4 eggs in a bowl and season with pepper only - apparently salt makes the eggs grey. Add a knob of butter to a non stick pan and swirl to coat the pan. Back on a high heat and stir with a spatula, keeping the eggs moving. When they are nearly set, take off the heat and stir once or twice before plating up. They should be light and a little wet.If they are cooked to dry while on the heat, the residual heat in the pan makes the eggs tougher. I like truffle oil on scrambled eggs, expensive for a small nugget of black truffle in a phial of olive oil, but a little goes a long way.
Thanks from:
24-06-2008, 15:59   #8
eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave! View Post
Anybody got interesting suggestions of what to add to make it interesting? I find breakfast boring at the best of times I just have 2 eggs and a bit of milk, and some salt and pepper. Maybe I'll throw in some cheese and butter next time...
I go through the herbs in the press and throw in anything that smells good. Maybe some thyme, basil or parsley. Pretty much anything that fits with what my taste buds want at that time.
Thanks from:
24-06-2008, 16:00   #9
hunter164

2 eggs 1 egg white, whisk, throw milk in.
Then in the microwave for 1.30 take out and stir.Throw in for another 1.30 and there you go.
Advertisement
24-06-2008, 16:33   #10
olaola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minder View Post
Scrambled egg for 2
Whish 4 eggs in a bowl and season with pepper only - apparently salt makes the eggs grey.
Overcooking makes them go grey/black (iron sulphide).

I agree with the 'wet' eggs - I hate overcooked tough eggs. Yeuch.
24-06-2008, 16:37   #11
Pigletlover

OP: you're probably not doing too wrong, just keep fluffing it up with a fork and don't overcook it.

Dave! add some chopped tomato or ham half way through for a change.
24-06-2008, 16:39   #12
RE*AC*TOR

Send a message via Skype™ to RE*AC*TOR
My wife makes great scrambled eggs, I make crap ones. The difference seems to be that she takes a lot longer than I do at it. Low low heat, occassionally moving the pan off the heat. Using a silicon spatula to keep moving things off the bottom of the pan. Milk, salt, pepper.

****ing amazing with ballymaloe relish and smoked salmon. A little bit of cream in the mix also works.,

I reckon if you take what seems like an absurd amount of time to make them it will be good.

Also I would only use butter - olive oil is too strong a flavour for eggs for me.

Microwave is also an abomination (sorry eclectichoney).

PEACE OUT HOMIES
24-06-2008, 16:47   #13
brianthebard

crack the eggs into a saucepan with a lump of butter/spread.don't start stirring until on the heat,then constantly at low temp.just before the eggs look done add milk/cream,pepper and chives if you want.then keep stirring until cooked to your preference.i never add salt to scrambled eggs,hate it.there's a vid of gordon ramsey on youtube cooking them in this way if you need further help!
24-06-2008, 17:02   #14
gogglebok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave! View Post
Throw in some dill and serve the eggs with smoked salmon. Very tasty.

You can also try mixing in some pesto before you throw them in the pan. They go an interesting colour, and taste pretty good.
24-06-2008, 17:03   #15
Gavin "shels"

Send a message via MSN to Gavin "shels"
Cheers people for the suggestions.

Eve, one day I go over to yours' or you come to mine and I'll make you an "omelette" and you can make me "scrambled" eggs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion