Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Independent/Times Exam Diaries (Should be ashamed!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 m-i-t-s-u-k-o

LOl besides Ross O Carrol Kelly's already done that.. Mind you Ross O Carroll Kelly is fictional.. she's not... which is what worries me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

janeybabe wrote: »
    I was just thinking about my friend who got 600 first time. He went on to do medicine. He's highly intelligent and studied hard but failed chemistry in first year and had to spend the summer studyin for the repeats. Medicine is not that easy!

I can tell you as a med student, that I'd be surprised if she made it through 5 years of Medicine. Very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

After a troubled night's sleep I woke up early and went online, determined to get the shoes that would kick Irish to the kerb.

I found them on eBay; a divine pair of Christian Louboutim. At $900 (€575) they were practically giving them away. Yes, it's a ridiculous luxury, but a girl's gotta do .

Oh Christ:eek: Just stay in the school love

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Forgot to mention that shoe thing as well before. She just opitomises the D4 airhead, cash splashing, pompous cows who really should be exterminated.

Yeah, she clearly is just trying to get Medicine just to be able to say thats what shes doing. She's probably not even smart, but will just get those points cuz she knows the course like the back of her hand.

She will fail spectacularly in life.

Who even wants a doctor like that? 'Uh ya, you, loike, have a brain tumour. But your bag is divine! Whered you loike get it'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ciks

:) It just goes to show - there must be huge flaws in the Leaving cert programme if people like that are getting such high points!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Heartbreaker guys: Laura's taken. She must have needed to tell us that to stop all the boardsies sending in marraige proposals through the times.

Lol at her self-congratulatory "I just won't quit!" attitude, like she's some kind of heroine for enduring another year of dossing about at the institute in pursuit of her dreams. What's funny is that medicine is just as hard at the leaving, so if she continues at this rate she won't finish her undergrad for 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Is it just me or does she sound like that one from legally blonde??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ciks

No. It's worse. Its like a bad joke - she's desperately trying to be funny be no-one's laughing. (except maybe with disbelief)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Ciks wrote: »
    she'd be sent to Iraq to do a piece on war

..for the cost of a pair of shoes, we could maybe do a fundraiser, and send her off on a little shopping trip to Basra.

the 'traumatised d4 head surronded by tanks chic' look is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think her writing style is fantastic and the points that she makes are all interesting and I always feel intellectually revived after reading her exam diary each morning

[size=-7]just testing the water here, see what response I get to this[/size]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

was talking to my friend's mum today who is a doctor, she said it would be a disgrace if she got into medicine. but apparently the failure rate of first year med exams is very high, if she has to do three leavings to get in in the first place how's she going to deal with that sort of pressure?

she's a fool, seriously, love how she said she hasn't got much acclaim for her column because of how preoccupied everyone is with their own exams... no love, it's cos you insist on patronising us every day by telling us how many points you have "under your baroque princess bed", how posh you are, how much your clothes cost....the list goes on....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I think her writing style is fantastic and the points that she makes are all interesting and I always feel intellectually revived after reading her exam diary each morning

[SIZE=-7]just testing the water here, see what response I get to this[/SIZE]
    I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

The girl got 545 last year, spent more money in a minute than your parents earn in a week and has everyone reading her articles....And this girl will fail in life??? Don't think so... sounds like jealousy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The girl got 545 last year, spent more money in a minute than your parents earn in a week and has everyone reading her articles....And this girl will fail in life??? Don't think so... sounds like jealousy to me

I'm very jealous of people who wish they were from South Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 *pda

is the only designer she knows of Louis Vuitton?? does she only have one pair of shoes?????? aaargh she just mentions them in the most random, unneccesaary places...!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Syferus wrote: »
    I'm very jealous of people who wish they were from South Dublin.
    Tallaght? I guess the Square's pretty all-encompassing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Rosstafarian

"DANTE THE snake shed his skin last night. Rebirth is painful, and you're not offered an epidural.

He made such a racket that my brother opted to sleep in the bathroom. He fell on the way and set off the burglar alarm. Woken so rudely, I couldn't go back to sleep so I looked over my art history notes"

What the hell is this? I thought i was reading an EXAM diary not "my pet the snake" (A snake which I feel probably doesn't exist like most things she mentions in her writing ie. her pet iguana).

She's so pretentious it makes me want to spew all over the floor and wipe it up with her article. (please excuse the revolting imagery but i feel its appropriate here).

I hope she doesn't get her points... AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

''I predict that I have between 480 and 500 points already' and is predicting an A1 in classics? I hope she fails, the cocky bitch

Also at the end it says she will be writing in the 'college life'' section of the Times in the Autumn, hopefully she has to be repeat again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Also at the end it says she will be writing in the 'college life'' section of the Times in the Autumn, hopefully she has to be repeat again
    Dear jesus no!

And I normally like the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

You can't be serious?! Can the Irish Times not see how she's infuriating the public?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

no, no, dear god no... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Think about it though: If she gets medicine and writes the college diary and then fails medicine that might provide some entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I wish i was writing about 'college life' lol.

Today, i woke up with the stench of 5 parrots on my head ,how they got there i do not know ,but they seem ever so facinated with my designer belt.Its a knocked off gucci you know..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭starkinter

She will fail at medicine. Repeatedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

starkinter wrote: »
    She will fail at medicine. Repeatedly.

I doubt it. I get the impression that once the um... third level maitre'd shows her to the best table at the CAO bistro she'll just fail first year and then do the french/russian degree she's obviously more interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Can't be a worse college diarist than the shut-in Polish girl that bitched about having to do pre-med and never went outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Jesus! I read her stuff yesterday, how pretentious can you get?

If she doesn;t get the points this time round then it's all a matter, 3 times, anyone could get them at that rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LPB

Laura Brady (Times Diaryist) here. First time I've come and checked out these blogs today - (too busy being self-absorbed the rest of the time I'm sure!) I have to say, I found all the people here ranting about me to be hilarious. I didn't really intend the diary's to be taken seriously. I just figured everyone was sick of hearing about 'poor stressed LC students' so I made a bit of a parody of myself to take the serious edge off things. I also had to write the columns directly after the exams, and they're obviously not my priority at this time of year. Also, I read a few posts of people saying they knew me or saw me on Leeson St, when thats just not true. I'm glad to see that the columns have at least made waves - I just thought that more people would realise that it was all supposed to be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lol I had a feeling you were having a bit of a laugh! If that really is you laura then I suppose I should congratulate you on managing to get everyone to take you seriously- your columns are entertaining and excellently written anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I'm not in the slightest jealous of her.

She embodies everything thats wrong with the country at the minute.
    She is throwing away cash, and bragging about a pair of shoes, while people are losing jobs daily in this state.

Reality
    Laura Bradys Home.Or Homes.

do you notice the gap?

It's a disgrace they think most of Ireland can relate to her. It just reinforces the old stereotype of those who read the Irish Times.
    We bought it for YEARS up until last week, we've stopped for a variety of reasons, but I don't think you have to be some ABC1 type to read any newspaper....when they shove people like Laura Brady to the front of their Leaving Cert section, they are nearly justifying the image that exists of their paper.

Madame Editor is obviously very out of touch with Ireland anyway. she did call the national 'mad' last week, and they proved her right :pac:

She's so, loike, annoying.
    Thats all really.

Didn't see her piece today, and I don't for a second believe thats her above....I'd expect Lord Lucan to post here first

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement