Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cocktails in Dublin

Options
  • 06-06-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Where's a good place to go for cocktails in Dublin?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Nowhere. They're WAY overpriced and they put tiny measures of alcohol in them. Get over to the continent if you want real measures and real prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Capitol Bar do specials on them before a certain time if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

captain america's on grafton street....
    €3 for students on wednesdays:)
    cant go wrong with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

^Yea but be warned that they are rubbish and bring on a vicious headache after a few to many!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Redz, Two for a tenner and they are lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Thunderroad Cafe on Temple Bar has a good selection

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

capitol cocktail bar.

all cocktails (bar the champagne ones) are €5 before 11.

great place to start a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Traffic on Abbey Street (opposite Arnotts side entrance) have cocktails 2 for 10e Wednesday-Sunday. Very nice Long Island Iced Teas.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

best cocktails i've had were in the octagon bar in the clarence, but they are pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Had some nice cocktails recently here http://www.koh.ie/ on the millenium walkway. Was there for dinner (poor form waiting 1h 15mins with a reservation) but I did enjoy the cocktails we had in the bar area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Hmmm...

If you take a bus out to clontarf, you could go to the parlour bar. Nice place, and they do a pitcher of stuff called "Girls Aloud". You will get abuse off the bar staff if you're a bunch of lads buying it, however!!

Capitol is nice too.

There's also The Porterhouse (any of them!) they do great cocktails, if a wee bit expensive. Most are 7/8, but others are a tenner. Well worth it though, huge selection!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Mojitos in Saba are really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Maximilian wrote: »
    Mojitos in Saba are really good.

I will be trying this soon, Ive yet to get a decent Mojito in Dublin:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Ba Mizou is a good cocktail bar

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I will be trying this soon, Ive yet to get a decent Mojito in Dublin:(

Guys in Saba have won awards for their concoctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Guys in there have won awards for their concoctions.
    :pac: thanks for the heads up .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Ba Mizou is a good cocktail bar

They also won the prestigious closure order from the Food Safety Authority because their levels of hygiene were so bad.
    FSA wrote:
    Closure Orders are served when it is deemed, upon inspection, that there is, or there is likely to be, a grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises.

markpb wrote: »
    They also won the prestigious closure order from the Food Safety Authority because their levels of hygiene were so bad.

I meant the barmen in Saba won awards, not Ba Mizu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I meant the barmen in Saba won awards, not Ba Mizu.

You're right, sorry. I've edited my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭simonw

Cremo wrote: »
    capitol cocktail bar.

all cocktails (bar the champagne ones) are €5 before 11.

great place to start a night out.

There's a lot of saps in there in my experience of the place

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »
    You're right, sorry. I've edited my post.

as have I :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Cosmapolitans in the Octogon are best around. Dear but price is well balanced to the lashings of alcohol put in.
    Unfortunately the bar is as exciting as Songs of Praise followed by back to back episodes of The Last of the Summer Wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The Mint Bar in the Westin used to do amazing cocktails but it's shockingly expensive there now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

simonw wrote: »
    There's a lot of saps in there in my experience of the place

I completely disagree...they do by some distance the best cocktails in Dublin, great place!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

Upstairs in the Westbury do a big selection and they're no dearer than anywhere else. Personally, i love the long island iced tea (just the one if sufficient !).

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Solas on Wexford St does great cocktails but they're not cheap.

They use real fruit not just syrups. Plus it has a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Ice Bar in the Four Seasons do the best cocktails I've had in Dublin. Bit out of the way in Ballsbridge and a bit pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dah

Greyfox wrote: »
    I completely disagree...they do by some distance the best cocktails in Dublin, great place!

Capitol great place for cocktails, you can get the odd pretentious head in Capitol Bar but you get them anywhere. Good spot and for €5 for any cocktail before midnight wets my appetite to have one at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the cocktails in capitol are a fiver for a reason-theyre ****e. they use the premixed crap out of he bottles ready to turf them out at speed.
    a good cocktail should be made from scratch with each ingredient added individually (and as a result should take a few minutes to make).they shouldnt be made where the alcohol is premixed in a plastic bottle thing and then simply topped up with whatever mixer/juice needed.i takes them longer to pull a few pints in capitol, says a lot.for a fiver though what do ya expect?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

aidom wrote: »
    Solas on Wexford St does great cocktails but they're not cheap.

Do they not do the 8 euro cocktails there anymore? That's not exactly cheap but they were good cocktails and well made.

Advertisement