Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone dating a Nigerian?

• 31-05-2008 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I've recently starting dabbling in online dating which is proving interesting, including the odd conman, would make a good book. I have a fairly healthy level of caution even after a short period.

Was wondering if any girls out there were dating or had dated a Nigerian man. I don't have any issues with inter-racial relationshiops, my sister is married to a lovely black men. However, have to be honest Nigerian's have a bad reputation and you would have be 100% certain of their motives.
    This guy seems fine so far but after my last experience I'm certainly not going to even bother having a coffee with someone unless I think they are at least in the game for genuine reasons. Any advice bar sounding him out well. I am treating this as a bit of fun initially, yet hoping to find someone special of course, but just wondering do I need to look out fior something specific.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jessiegirl wrote: »
    I've recently starting dabbling in online dating which is proving interesting, including the odd conman, would make a good book. I have a fairly healthy level of caution even after a short period.

Was wondering if any girls out there were dating or had dated a Nigerian man. I don't have any issues with inter-racial relationshiops, my sister is married to a lovely black men. However, have to be honest Nigerian's have a bad reputation and you would have be 100% certain of their motives.
    This guy seems fine so far but after my last experience I'm certainly not going to even bother having a coffee with someone unless I think they are at least in the game for genuine reasons. Any advice bar sounding him out well. I am treating this as a bit of fun initially, yet hoping to find someone special of course, but just wondering do I need to look out fior something specific.

Its up to you.If it was a female friend of mine i would say avoid like the plague they have a terrible reputation for dishonesty.I wouldnt call it racism,more a suspision based on actions of certain of thier countrymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Probably better suited to PI.

In my experience any Nigerian man that has crossed my path, so far, has been a total chancer, I am sure there are good ones out there but its not something I would be into exploring tt be honest. How boring am I.

I would treat it like any online relationship, just be cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am currently dating a Nigerian man I met online 5 weeks ago. He is very warm and a real gentleman. He says he will share the money that was left by the old king but he just needs my bank details first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Degsy wrote: »
    Its up to you.If it was a female friend of mine i would say avoid like the plague they have a terrible reputation for dishonesty.I wouldnt call it racism,more a suspision based on actions of certain of thier countrymen.

Thats sooooo racist.

OP, you should have sex with this poor man in case i decide you are a racist like Degsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Jessiegirl

Was wondering when the wise cracks would start! I don't post but I read some of the threads a lot and some of you guys are gas at times.
    So should I move this to Personal issues (can I move it or do I have to start it up again).

Listen I went out with a guy from the town here for 2 dates ....how could a Nigerian be any worse?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Was wondering if any girls out there were dating or had dated a Nigerian man. I don't have any issues with inter-racial relationshiops, my sister is married to a lovely black men.

Some of my best friends are race traitors...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

It's only 90% of Nigerians who give the rest a bad name. I say give him a chance.

I see a lot of fat-arsed tracksuit-wearing white slappers up round my way pushing prams with black kids in them.I've never seen them with the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I see a lot of fat-arsed tracksuit-wearing white slappers up round my way pushing prams with black kids in them.I've never seen them with the father.

You see that alot here in Dublin too. I've NEVER seen the father when they're out pushing the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

If you got a fat-arsed tracksuit wearing white slapper pregnant would you stick around?

• Advertisement

Yes and you see a lot of white babies been pushed around too by mums without a father.
    God I even see my own sister pushing her baby around without her father too....OMG....imagine that...

Anything constructive to post bar stupid comments...?

Anything constructive to post bar stupid comments...?

Possibly the most redundant question ever asked on this board.

Yes, I'd say that's true Oswald... I'll stick her in PI as well... or are ye over there too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

In contrast, i met a very nice, genuine nigerian girl for a night of drinks recently, will more than likely do it again :D

Daddio wrote: »
    If you got a fat-arsed tracksuit wearing white slapper pregnant would you stick around?

Once i got my citizenship i'd be GONE!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

You see that alot here in Dublin too. I've NEVER seen the father when they're out pushing the pram.

Maybe he's at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The Nigerian dudes dressed up like Fiddy, hitting on 14r year old knack girls outside Dr. Quirkeys is enough to turn me off.

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Maybe he's at work?

lol.

Maybe they saw this event on a Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well spoke to a Nigerian once who owned a business in Nigeria. He does everything money related himself. He said he wouldn't even trust his own mother with money which says something and working in a certain money transfer company allows me to back up my claim that a mahooosive number of Nigerians are thieving bastards.

What exactly is it about Nigerians that make them so likely to be dodgy considering there are poorer African countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Jessie you're a wise one to come here asking for advice on dating. As you can see from the responses you've done the right thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

forget it he's just in it to fleece you

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

What exactly is it about Nigerians that make them so likely to be dodgy considering there are poorer African countries?

Good question. I've met loads of Africans... Zimbabwe, Kenya, Ghana etc... all sound enough. Nigerians though always seem like they are up to something.

KBarry wrote: »
    Good question. I've met loads of Africans... Zimbabwe, Kenya, Ghana etc... all sound enough. Nigerians though always seem like they are up to something.

They are the Jews of Africa.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

biko wrote: »
    I am currently dating a Nigerian man I met online 5 weeks ago. He is very warm and a real gentleman. He says he will share the money that was left by the old king but he just needs my bank details first.

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

caoibhin wrote: »
    They are the Jews of Africa.;)

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    The Nigerian dudes dressed up like Fiddy, hitting on 14r year old knack girls outside Dr. Quirkeys is enough to turn me off.

lol :D that is the exact image that I had in my head when I read the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

It's only 90% of Nigerians who give the rest a bad name. I say give him a chance.
    There is a great 10% chance that he is not one of the bad ones! :pac: It could be worse - he could be Roma in which there would probably be a 0.0001% chance he is not one of the bad ones.

Where are the PC cops? I thought they would be in here by now with accusations of racism and calling us all Nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I know many nigerians personally... and to be fair about it now all of them are "bad" but, im not sure if its a cultural thing with them but they have a certain way about them. But to be honest no matter what a reputation one may have associated with their nationality, i will always treat the individual with the same respect as anyone else..

.. if and when the fcuk up.. good luck..

Id give the guy a chance. I'd hold back on exchanging bank details for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement