Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2009, 16:02   #196
witnessmenow

Is Hardwareversand really worth it? I mean their prices are excellent, no doubt but they are pretty hard to deal with. Here is a summary of my order:

9 July (Early morning) - Placed my order and recieved my confirmation email. I supplied a VAT number so I needed to wait for another email from them to pay them. The order comes to €568.87 inc vat.

10 July (Afternoon) - I email them asking for the updated price as i hadnt recieved it

10 July (Late Afternoon) - I ring them and ask about the updated price, I get told that it can take a couple of days. I also enquired about updating the quantity of the order and was told I could by email.

10 July (Later afternoon) - I send them an email asking them to update my quantity of hard drives from 1 to 2

13 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying off :

Quote:
we confirm the modification about your order the total amount is 568,87 €
Which obvioulsy is not right, so i emailed back asking whats the story with it, does it include the second hard drive etc..

14 July - I recieve an email form a diffrent service rep, completely in german, informing me my new price is €478.04, but they do not say if it includes the second HD or not (going by the precentage reduction it couldn't include the hard drive)

14 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying:

Quote:
the order is include the Samsung HD103SI 1TB SATA II EcoGreen, 32 and the total amount is 478,04 € include VAT.
But I dont know if that means the second 1 TB or the first one!

15 July - I decide to just pay the 478.04 amount and see what comes. So I pay it in Bank of Ireland. From teh last time i made an order with them i knew they did not provide enough info in their email to fill out the bank transfer so I found an old thread on boards that someone listed all teh info needed.

17 July - Recieve an email saying they havent recieved payment

I've been trying to ring them since the 13th and i cant! I've rang them from my phone (which i rang them with on the 10th), My mams phone, my home phone and the work phone.. none of them even rang!
Advertisement
19-07-2009, 23:35   #197
Slutmonkey57b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Just a wee observation, but I noticed that Elara's website catalogue has had a major cleanup. Its now possible to actually find real components in stock now! Given their locality to some Boards users (they don't charge for pickups AND they allow Laser even for shipped orders, eh Komplett?) and some price cuts they're now finally looking like one to watch again
Arctic Cooling s1 rev2: €37!!
Peats: €20
HPM: €16

They also still have the problem of listing the same product twice - they still have a way to go. The Asus P5Q is listed under two different entries.. with two different prices... and two different stock levels??
22-07-2009, 12:22   #198
mobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzales24 View Post
hends away from ankermann, bought a custom rig there, just problems with them...
bought an upgraded cpu cooler option>> they build in the stock cooler.
PSU died in first week, wasnt powerfull enough
motherboard, bought one, deliverd fully diffrent, downgraded.
after 9 month of emailing and calling still nothing chaned...
very unserios company....
+1 Avoid Ankermann very poor after sales support.
23-07-2009, 15:16   #199
witnessmenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnessmenow View Post
Is Hardwareversand really worth it? I mean their prices are excellent, no doubt but they are pretty hard to deal with. Here is a summary of my order:

9 July (Early morning) - Placed my order and recieved my confirmation email. I supplied a VAT number so I needed to wait for another email from them to pay them. The order comes to €568.87 inc vat.

10 July (Afternoon) - I email them asking for the updated price as i hadnt recieved it

10 July (Late Afternoon) - I ring them and ask about the updated price, I get told that it can take a couple of days. I also enquired about updating the quantity of the order and was told I could by email.

10 July (Later afternoon) - I send them an email asking them to update my quantity of hard drives from 1 to 2

13 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying off :

Which obvioulsy is not right, so i emailed back asking whats the story with it, does it include the second hard drive etc..

14 July - I recieve an email form a diffrent service rep, completely in german, informing me my new price is €478.04, but they do not say if it includes the second HD or not (going by the precentage reduction it couldn't include the hard drive)

14 July - I recieve an email from "Elke" saying:

But I dont know if that means the second 1 TB or the first one!

15 July - I decide to just pay the 478.04 amount and see what comes. So I pay it in Bank of Ireland. From teh last time i made an order with them i knew they did not provide enough info in their email to fill out the bank transfer so I found an old thread on boards that someone listed all teh info needed.

17 July - Recieve an email saying they havent recieved payment

I've been trying to ring them since the 13th and i cant! I've rang them from my phone (which i rang them with on the 10th), My mams phone, my home phone and the work phone.. none of them even rang!
Received the package today, Didn't receive anymore correspondance from them! I guess they are decent where it counts!
23-07-2009, 15:50   #200
darealtulip

whit or without the second HD?
Advertisement
23-07-2009, 17:03   #201
witnessmenow

Forgot to mention that, without.

The price reduction didnt make sense that it included as it would have been nearly 25%
Thanks from:
26-07-2009, 22:37   #202
Effluo

Wow last time i ever buy from overclockers.co.uk!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Overclockers_co_uk

This site seems pretty good
04-08-2009, 13:34   #203
Jonathan

Mod: EMS, TCD
Anybody putting in a hwvs order soon?

I forgot to buy some items. Shouldn't be more than €15 but anywhere else is charging €30-€40 for them!
04-08-2009, 17:54   #204
witnessmenow

Send me a PM Jonathan if no one else is able to help and I'll see if we can sort something out.

I need to order a 500gb HD, its a bit dearer inc delivery on HWV but I'll do a bit of maths later and see exactly what the story is. I'll ask around my buddies to see if any of them need anything from them too.
Advertisement
05-08-2009, 13:55   #205
Blazer

Onestoppcshop.ie

Hey guys..any one ever used www.onestoppcshop.ie for buying parts?
Are they any good?
Boss is looking to order something that they only have..but wants to make sure they're ok.

cheers
05-08-2009, 15:45   #206
Solitaire

No idea - first I heard of them was when I tripped over an ad for them this morning while out shopping!

Very odd selection... some disturbingly good prices on mid-range Intel CPUs and Antec cases, but pricey P2s. And they have a mITX Atom board! Aaaahh... how cute!

EDIT: Okay... they stock the Antec 900 Mk2 for a shade over €100, and they have the EarthWatts 650W a fiver cheaper than HWVS?! Their price was sick enough as it was!

Last edited by Solitaire; 05-08-2009 at 16:08.
05-08-2009, 15:56   #207
witnessmenow

Well if its anythign to go by there vat calculations seem wrong

Example:

E5200

"€53.96 inc VAT

€46.92 exc VAT"

€46.92 +21.5% is €57
05-08-2009, 16:06   #208
JackieChan

They are based in Derry and appear to be using the UK vat rate.
05-08-2009, 16:09   #209
Solitaire

That explains the lack of Laser...

cheap delivery charges though... ~€10 flat rate
05-08-2009, 20:37   #210
kfish2oo2

Wow, looks good. I'll be going for these guys next time I'm looking for parts

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image