Originally Posted by TheChosenOne_
Hi all. So basically I want to start going to the gym regularly to build up muscle and strength. I asked for opinions/recommendations on a good gym program and a lot of people suggested the 5x5 stronglifts program.
I decided that I am going to use this program and I hope to start in the next couple of weeks. I am a 21 year old male who weighs just over 70kg and have a height of 6ft 1
I would just like to gain some information from people who have used and are currently using this program.
-Do you have any tips or advice before I begin?
-Are there any articles or pieces I should read before beginning?
-Any videos I could watch to gain some more important knowledge?
-What type of supplements should I invest in before I begin?
-And finally, is this a good program to use and is it beneficial?
All feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
All feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Well done. Absolutely brilliant program. I’m currently doing the Madcow intermediate version of it. Basically the same but I increase the weight every week instead of 3 times a week like you do in the stronglifts. Best program I’ve ever done.
1. Nope, just do exactly what the programs says. Do not alter it in any way. Also start light, its gets very difficult very quickly.
2. Read the stronglifts website. It’s available for free to download. http://stronglifts.com/5x5/
3. You can video yourself and ask someone around here to check your form to what you are doing wrong.
4. None, I sometimes use protein shakes but they’re not important. The most important thing is that you are eating enough calories. Download ‘myfitness pal’ app and track your calories. I currently eat about 3000-3200 cal a day.
5. Extremely good program. Will build enormous strength in a short space of time. Great physique, great for sports etc. It also teaches your great form on all your big lifts.
Overall great program. It’s also very taxing on the body doing so many compound lifts but you get great results. There’s a reason why its one of the most popular routines around. It gets great reviews. Just stick to the program and eat enough calories.