Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-11-2007, 23:02   #16
Fionn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Clonmel
Posts: 2,159
congrats

great capture too

well done!!
Fionn is offline  
Advertisement
12-11-2007, 23:09   #17
Inibaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Limerick
Posts: 576
Congrats Ideo,knew it would be picked.Will catch it at half past.

Liveforephotos it's shown at the end of the weather,not used as a backdrop and it's a privilege more than anything to get it shown.
Inibaz is offline  
13-11-2007, 00:30   #18
whyulittle
Registered User
 
whyulittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Around
Posts: 3,338
Say it there on the late news by chance. Well done!
whyulittle is offline  
13-11-2007, 02:11   #19
unreggd
Registered User
 
unreggd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,788
would ye get anything for it? would they jus use it as a background or wha??
unreggd is offline  
13-11-2007, 12:14   #20
Ideo
Registered User
 
Ideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: behind you...
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreggd View Post
would ye get anything for it? would they jus use it as a background or wha??
No you don't get any payment for it, but a great sense of pride knowing that it's your photo he's showing on telly! At the end of the weather show he usually shows 3 photos submitted by viewers and just says who sent it in and where it was taken. Made my day really!
Ideo is offline  
Advertisement
13-11-2007, 12:48   #21
Masada
Banned
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buzzin in me EEiga, Stall eh & Keep Sketch...
Posts: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideo View Post
No you don't get any payment for it, but a great sense of pride knowing that it's your photo he's showing on telly! At the end of the weather show he usually shows 3 photos submitted by viewers and just says who sent it in and where it was taken. Made my day really!
yeah me too, was nice to see your work being put up somewhere for all to see., not sure if its too late but there a book coming out for christmas with the best of the weather show photos, they'll send you an email to let you know if its in.,
and nice shot.,
Masada is offline  
13-11-2007, 12:52   #22
unreggd
Registered User
 
unreggd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,788
deadly!!
unreggd is offline  
13-11-2007, 22:38   #23
liveforphotos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inibaz View Post
Congrats Ideo,knew it would be picked.Will catch it at half past.

Liveforephotos it's shown at the end of the weather,not used as a backdrop and it's a privilege more than anything to get it shown.
Frankly, it is no privilege to give away your work for free, so that TV3 can have nice images as a backdrop for their weather forecast. It is that mindset that allows the cheap bastards to exploit keen photographers. Call me an old cynic but 30 seconds of public exposure does not put bread on the table.

And now,they are bringing out a book of these images? Are they selling this book? Will they pay the photographers whose work is to be used in the book? If not, it is the sweetest con I have seen yet.
liveforphotos is offline  
14-11-2007, 02:48   #24
Masada
Banned
 
Masada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buzzin in me EEiga, Stall eh & Keep Sketch...
Posts: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforphotos View Post
And now,they are bringing out a book of these images? Are they selling this book? Will they pay the photographers whose work is to be used in the book? If not, it is the sweetest con I have seen yet.
the book is to be sold with all profits for charity, Im happy to give my photo to them knowing that as a beginner in this subject that its always gonna be a in a book for me to say "that was my first published photo".,
Masada is offline  
Advertisement
16-11-2007, 00:26   #25
sineadw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,296
@ OP - forgive the apparent laziness but where did you submit the shot to?
sineadw is offline  
16-11-2007, 10:40   #26
Ideo
Registered User
 
Ideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: behind you...
Posts: 1,460
No problem,

Just sent it to martin.king@tv3.ie

Sent a Hi-Res image and a little blurb of info. Didn't get an email back to say it would be used but that's understanding given the amount of submissions he probably receives
Ideo is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet