Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hibernian Insurance

• 13-10-2007 3:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

OK just tried to get a quote from Hibernian online. I'm 25 , Full license and 2 years NCB , driving a 1.6 Alfa Romeo thats 00D reg'd and they turn around and say the can't provide a quote until ignition course is attended????

are they ****ing ****ting me or what? has anyone else had this cos I quite frankly find it completely ridiculous give my info above

/ end rant :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Yep any car over 1.4 mate, kinda stupid didn't i just prove to the state i'm capable of driving :confused:

Its a shame as they give pretty decent quotes, 100 euro as well to do the poxy thing, its more hassle then its worth if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Woah.
    Are ye saying anything over 1.4 and it applies to everyone.

I'm 30, full licence for circa 8 years, with Hibernian for a good few years and never had an accident.
    But i'll probably be moving from 1.0l to a 1.5l soon.

Does this mean i'll have to do the poxy thing as well.
    If i do, will it atleast reduce my premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

quite possibly with your no claims history i'd find it hard to believe they would ask you to do it as its aimed at "young and inexperienced drivers"

I went to there website for a quote on a 1.6 and it said i'd to do the poxy ignition course , havn't the patience let alone the time to do it.

SO i went with Quinn-direct..."The Ryan-air of the insurance world"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you don't have 3 years no claims they'll tell you to go **** yourself if you don't do their poxy ignition course.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it's anything like the IAM course it might actually do you some good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

quite possibly with your no claims history i'd find it hard to believe they would ask you to do it as its aimed at "young and inexperienced drivers"

well this driver has been driving for some 6 years at this stage and driven the length and breadth of the country quite a few times so I have the experience and 25 is just outside of the "danger zone" in insurance quotes.

currently with quinn direct and will prob stay with them but was just shopping around and basically think asking a driver with a full license that has passed a state sanctioned competency test to attend a driving course is retarded.

they wont be getting my cash anytime soon anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They ask everyone to do that poxy ignition course. I was 30, 5 years NCB and Full licence for 7 years and they would not quote on a 1.4 Ford without the ignition test. I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

I'd swear they don't want the business at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

now seriously thats taking the piss Bond-007. if they're this awkward about giving you just a quote **** knows what hoops you need to jump through if you god forbid had to make a claim

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm with Hibernian through a broker for the last 2 years and they've never mentioned Ignition to me at all.

24, Male, Audi A4 Quattro Sport 1.8t, fully comp, 2 years NCB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

miju wrote: »
    OK just tried to get a quote from Hibernian online. I'm 25 , Full license and 2 years NCB , driving a 1.6 Alfa Romeo thats 00D reg'd and they turn around and say the can't provide a quote until ignition course is attended????

are they ****ing ****ting me or what? has anyone else had this cos I quite frankly find it completely ridiculous give my info above

/ end rant :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think Hibernian might one of the more expensive insurance companys. I had the same problem as yourself a couple years back when i was buying a 1.4ltr. I would give AXA a ring, i found them very good and resonable with prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I've been with Hibernian for a while now, since i was about 26. Currently on my second car with them and when i joined the ignition course was a wet dream in some morkeshing chaps pants. When i changed from a 1.25 fiesta, 99 reg (god i loved that car!!) to a 03 Mondeo 1.8 zetec (love that car too but the fiesta and nimbleness etc....fond memories) they said nothing

Advertisement