Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-07-2007, 11:59   #1
Elen

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

I thought I would open this topic as there are a few of us preggers here!
Also, the broody ones can join us

Last edited by January; 08-12-2013 at 20:56.
Advertisement
09-07-2007, 12:04   #2
Trinity

Great idea!

So to continue from other thread - do they think you will need a section? DO they know what the cause of your pain is? If this is too personal feel free to tell me to feck off
09-07-2007, 12:08   #3
Shelli

Hi all, whens all the other preggos due so?? I've only a few weeks left myself....so impatient now.
Thanks from:
09-07-2007, 12:12   #4
Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli
Hi all, whens all the other preggos due so?? I've only a few weeks left myself....so impatient now.
Hi SHelli

Did you enjoy your 3d scan?

I'm due 10th October but will prob go before that, especially if having a section. Mine is a boy and its my second child, already have a 7 year old boy.
09-07-2007, 12:16   #5
Shelli

I loved it! I had mine at 27wks, seems like a lifetime ago, I thought it was amazing! Didn't get very emotional though, haven't at any of my scans.....I guess it still feels a little unreal for me, need to hold the little guy before I really believe it I guess!!

This is my first, I'm due 30th July, but doc reckons I'll also go early.

We're having a boy.....did you guys find out the sex?
Advertisement
09-07-2007, 12:42   #6
Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli
I loved it! I had mine at 27wks, seems like a lifetime ago, I thought it was amazing! Didn't get very emotional though, haven't at any of my scans.....I guess it still feels a little unreal for me, need to hold the little guy before I really believe it I guess!!

This is my first, I'm due 30th July, but doc reckons I'll also go early.

We're having a boy.....did you guys find out the sex?
Mines a boy too.
09-07-2007, 15:29   #7
Shelli

Seems to be a year of boys, everyone I know is having or has had a boy!!

My gran used to say that it was the sign of a war to come Hope there's not truth in that one.
Thanks from:
09-07-2007, 15:29   #8
Elen

3 boys here then!!

God Shelli, you have only a few weeks left! I am so jealous.
I am also due in October, the 26th.

re pelvis pain - they are not sure, they say it can be the ligaments but I have been reading and it sounds like it could be SPD. Basically due to the hormon relaxin the pelvis streches a bit too much.
I am not too bad now, after two weeks out of office, but I have to start phisiotherapy in August, after my holidays (going on Saturday for two weeks, cant wait!)

What hospital are yous attending?
09-07-2007, 16:09   #9
Trinity

I can barely walk - but there is no explanation other than i have a little person inside me

I'm attending the Rotunda. They are quite good but very busy. I waited almost 9 hours to be seen in the emergengy room a few weeks ago so swore i would only go in if it was an absolute emergency, although with all the aches and pains its hard to tell!!

I'm finsihed work now til March, just back from tying up a few loose ends and clearing my desk yippee
Advertisement
09-07-2007, 16:12   #10
Elen

so you are taking the full maternity!!! lucky you, I want to take about 7 months, I dont think I could afford any longer. We just bought a bigger house

I am finishing mid September if I can handle this pelvis issue... It is hard in the train when no one gives you a seat, even though you look heavily pregnant and nackered
09-07-2007, 16:17   #11
Shelli

I'm finishing up this Friday, thank god!! Have just been onto Social Welfare becuase I hadn't heard anything back about my benefit, but they said it's been accepted and will be in my account next week, Monday I think, so thats a relief.

I'm semi-p in Holles St. They're very good, well in my experience with them anyway.

I've had mild SPD all the way through and was offered physio, I turned it down but said if it got worse I would go, but it didn't thank god. I just felt I had enough hospital and GP appointments to be going to without physio aswell.
Thanks from:
09-07-2007, 16:25   #12
Elen

Shelli, how did it affect you?
I havent been bad so far, just the day I got the strong pain and I thought that my legs were being ripped appart. Since then I am kind of tired around the area and hips.

I am in Holles St too. I am in public and it is brilliant. I have never waiting more that half an hour, even in emergencies
09-07-2007, 16:27   #13
Trinity

Not starting maternity leave til September, but i already had term time (summer off) booked from today so hopefully one will merge into the next and i wont be back til March!!
09-07-2007, 16:29   #14
Elen

That is brilliant Trinity! I wish I was you
I have holidays now, so I will only have August and half September to work, which is not too bad
09-07-2007, 22:48   #15
Shelli

My SPD really hots bad in the evenings and mornings....turning over in the night is very painful and when you get out of bed first thing it's agony but eases off within an hour or so. Main thing to remember is to keep yoour legs closed as much as possible, like when getting in and of a car or bed. If it's really bad I would go to the physio, I just felt that mine was never bad enough, but some people end up on crutches!

I have a hosp appointment on thursday afternoon, so now only 3.5 days left in work and counting I'm getting fairly fed up to be honest, and sitting at my desk has become really uncomfortable, but I'm lucky not to have a commute like you! I work about 5 mins from my home, its quite handy....ne excuse for being late though I can really only afford the 26wks altogether so I wanted to leave as much time as possible until after the birth. Your so lucky to have that extra time off beforehand Trinity.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion