Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-09-2007, 13:49   #1
postie

Running Mate on TG4

Watched The Running Mate on TG4 last night..didn't think I'd like the politics in Irish thing but was impressed. Forgot it was in Irish after a while!!
Good acting etc...your man Paudie looks like he's based on Jackie Healy-Rae.
Bit of a laugh!
Advertisement
27-09-2007, 16:16   #2
denishurley

I enjoyed it, though I thought the attempts at humour were a bit pointless, like when your man farted and said "the wife's cooking foreign", also couldn't see why there were bits of English interspersed and then it changed right into Irish
27-09-2007, 17:16   #3
hot fuss

I was quite impressed by it. The story flowed quite well and I thought the characters were well written. Some of it was too hammed up like the Tánaiste and the Prague video and the farting.. But on a whole I'll definitely tune in next week to see where it's going.
30-09-2007, 11:57   #4
is_that_so

Caught the repeat last night . I thought it was terrific with a very good cast. Well worth another look IMO. A six part series I believe.
08-10-2007, 14:18   #5
edanto

I'm trying to see the episodes of this that have already aired on tg4.ie, the web tv section, but it won't play most of the programmes displayed. Anyone know is there a knack to getting the player working, or another place to get these episodes, please?
Advertisement
08-10-2007, 14:50   #6
is_that_so

Quote:
Originally Posted by edanto
I'm trying to see the episodes of this that have already aired on tg4.ie, the web tv section, but it won't play most of the programmes displayed. Anyone know is there a knack to getting the player working, or another place to get these episodes, please?
Looks like whoever put it up included part of the the previous programme and ads. It starts about 5.30 minutes into it and web player does not allow any kind of scrolling. So go make a cup of tea before you watch.
08-10-2007, 14:55   #7
edanto

hmmm, I'm still not getting it to work at all. I've tried IE&FF.
Right now, I'm trying this link (http://www.tg4.tv/channels/DramaArch...9826&title=The Running Mate - 26/9/2007) in IE, but I get nothing execpt a black screen. The counter doesn't start and if I right click and ask for error details, I'm told "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library.."

So, can I just copy you? What browser are you using, what show etc?
08-10-2007, 15:01   #8
is_that_so

Must be your settings so . I am using Firefox 2.0 and it is happily playing for me. http://www.tg4.tv/ is the link and just click on Dráma to find it. It also works fine in IE 7 and you can actually drag the mouse to the right place 5.30
08-10-2007, 15:06   #9
edanto

Could be the firewall here, I've tried each of the settings. I'll check it out when I get home, when I have time to watch it anyways.
Cheers
Advertisement
09-10-2007, 13:39   #10
edanto

Hey thanks for all that help there. Worked grand from home, really enjoyed the show. It was way better than I was expecting, even after hearing it was good. Maybe it says more about my expectations than anything else! Gonna watch the second part tonight I think.
09-10-2007, 13:46   #11
is_that_so

NP. Yes it is good stuff. Part 2 is better IMO. Part 3 in on TG4 tomorrow night @ 21.30.
10-10-2007, 23:15   #12
edanto

Well I caught up! Got to see the first two parts since Monday and then streamed tonights one straight from tg4.ie Quality service.

And a quality show!! It explores lots of things about politics in a pretty pacey way. Gonna stick with it for next week and see what happens on polling day.

Edit - Just found a page about this http://www.irishfilmboard.ie/news.ph...f7c44a59c12823

seems like it's only a four part series, so next week must be the last one!

Last edited by edanto; 10-10-2007 at 23:21.
11-10-2007, 21:16   #13
DeepBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so View Post
http://www.tg4.tv/ is the link and just click on Dráma to find it.
Thanks for that link . I missed the first episode and completely forgot about last night's one. It never occurred to me to check if TG4 had it online.

I'm quite enjoying this. It's easy to follow (or maybe it's just that I never had a problem with subtitles) the plot, humour and performances are all enjoyable and it's well made. Thumbs up.
23-06-2010, 02:08   #14
der1193

whats the song in the ad for the running mate on tg4
23-06-2010, 11:15   #15
edanto

I've no idea, but does this mean that Running Mate is coming back to TG4?! Great, I'd love to watch it again.

I heard that the series was completely ready in early 2007, but TG4 delayed showing it before the 2007 general election in case it would have an impact. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion