Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2009, 19:47   #76
JC 2K3

And if the female was dumb, complaints about it being sexist would be likely considered perfectly legitimate....
Advertisement
26-05-2009, 20:28   #77
Xiney

Well, it's not a man and a woman, it's a penis and a vagina, and I know a fair few men who would call their penis pretty feckin' stupid...
Thanks from:
26-05-2009, 20:32   #78
JC 2K3

Indeed.
26-05-2009, 20:54   #79
Wibbs

And many women would have pretty dopey vaginas too. Both let their crotches get them into trouble. So there we have it, so maybe back to the topic at hand?
(3) thanks from:
05-07-2009, 01:19   #80
lynsalot
Closed Account

So if the sperm sits around the pool lazing about, having a great time. Ya know going the jacuzzi, working up a tan, sipping cocktails, it must be a pain in the hole to hit the end of a condom lol

My vagina has a guest list, no trainers, smart dress, members only (ha excuse the pun) in all seriousness that was a good video.
Advertisement
30-08-2009, 20:45   #81
*giggles*

Good vid, better than the one's in school anyway, where Miriam O Callaghan narrates *shudders*. Take a close look at the presenters, look very closely, look even closlier.....there!
06-11-2009, 23:09   #82
MD!

im glad im not the only one who feels like they learned something about sex from a cartoon. wtf is wrong with us? why is the mechanics of pregneancy such a surprise to most adults?
06-11-2009, 23:13   #83
Nevyn
Closed Account

Because we do not have a proper comprehensive reproductoin, sex and sexuality and sexual health education program in our schools.
23-07-2010, 16:23   #84
Blackdrag

why couldnt they show this in schools?
Advertisement
24-07-2010, 00:17   #85
ztoical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdrag View Post
why couldnt they show this in schools?
Because parents complain....don't think it's not true, my mother is a GP and has offered every year to come to my old secondary school and do a talk on sexual health and family planning as she's seen not only a high number of pregnant teens from the school but an increase in STI's among young people in the area and has been told each year no and the reason given is that some parents would object. She's offered to speak to just 6th year students, most of whom would be 18, has said students of parents who object could sit out but they always say no.

The level of sex education seems to depend on the school you go to. A few years back there was a thread in one of the forums on boards asking about peoples sex education in school and it really is all over the place. There doesn't seem to be one set guideline followed by all schools. Some people got great sex education covering everything from pregnancy to STI's and everything in between, some got the basics, sex=babies, and some got nothing.
Thanks from:
26-07-2010, 09:12   #86
Blackdrag

tru

Yes but its got to be worth a look if even most adults on this forum have learnt something new...
03-07-2011, 22:02   #87
flutterflye

I am shocked that anything in this video would be news to anyone over 18/19.

What the hell does that say about our sex ed programmes?!
03-07-2011, 22:53   #88
Morag

That they are nearly non existent and where they do happen they are pared away to nothing useful.
Thanks from:
09-01-2012, 01:29   #89
Ickle Magoo
Closed Account

Post deleted - please note this is the Personal Issues forum and there is zero tolerance for muppetry here.

If you haven't already done so, please take the time to read the forum rules in the charter.

Many thanks.
04-01-2013, 17:55   #90
looksee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoical View Post
Because parents complain....don't think it's not true, my mother is a GP and has offered every year to come to my old secondary school and do a talk on sexual health and family planning as she's seen not only a high number of pregnant teens from the school but an increase in STI's among young people in the area and has been told each year no and the reason given is that some parents would object. She's offered to speak to just 6th year students, most of whom would be 18, has said students of parents who object could sit out but they always say no.

The level of sex education seems to depend on the school you go to. A few years back there was a thread in one of the forums on boards asking about peoples sex education in school and it really is all over the place. There doesn't seem to be one set guideline followed by all schools. Some people got great sex education covering everything from pregnancy to STI's and everything in between, some got the basics, sex=babies, and some got nothing.
Heavens, I was in school in the 60s and by the time I was 16 had had 3 lots of school sex education (puberty, biology classes and actual sex education), plus talks by a local doctor at the church youth club! That was in the UK.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet