Coin Dealers in Dublin - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-05-2010, 15:07   #76
RobNewe

I have recently received a 1942 Irish Halfcrown in mint condition, does anyone know the value of this coin now?
Advertisement
06-05-2010, 15:29   #77
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNewe View Post
I have recently received a 1942 Irish Halfcrown in mint condition, does anyone know the value of this coin now?
Anything up to 50 Euro if it is indeed UNC with original lustre. I'm always wary however when people use the term "mint condition" as it's not used to grade coins.
13-05-2010, 22:48   #78
sharpshooter murphy

Hi everyone,
I have a coin its a 1664 charles ii guinea. could anyone tell me if its valuable?
09-06-2010, 16:22   #79
cathalod

sovereign coins

I have 4 full sovereign coins and 16 half soverign coins.. does anyone know a dealer in Dublin who will pay over spot value for them... Cheers..
30-07-2010, 13:05   #80
redaxium
Banned

whytes coin dealers

Whytes
30 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, Eire
Tel: 3531-8746161 Fax 3531-8746020
Advertisement
11-08-2010, 16:26   #81
macco777

A found Coin

Hi All, My mother was clearing out the attic of her father's house the other day and has come across a "1766 George 4th gold sovereign" which I can find NO information about on the internet. Now I would love to find out more about this coin however when I search for it I keep hearing that George the 3rd was reigning at the time that this coin was supposedly issued and if I take out the year I can still find no information on any gold sovereigns minted during George 4th reign. Has she come across a rare coin or a very good hoax? I haven't as of yet seen the coin but have been told it isn't in great condition but is definitely gold.
15-08-2010, 22:58   #82
akeady

Quote:
Originally Posted by macco777 View Post
Hi All, My mother was clearing out the attic of her father's house the other day and has come across a "1766 George 4th gold sovereign" which I can find NO information about on the internet. Now I would love to find out more about this coin however when I search for it I keep hearing that George the 3rd was reigning at the time that this coin was supposedly issued and if I take out the year I can still find no information on any gold sovereigns minted during George 4th reign. Has she come across a rare coin or a very good hoax? I haven't as of yet seen the coin but have been told it isn't in great condition but is definitely gold.
As you say, George III was king in 1766 as his reign was from 1760 to 1820. Furthermore, the gold coin of the era was the guinea; the sovereign was introduced in 1817 (still George III). Sovereigns for George IV were minted between 1821 and 1830. A genuine 1766 gold coin (of George III) could only be a guinea or half guinea. Without a picture or description of the coin, it's impossible to say what it is. A battered guinea or half-guinea mightn't be worth more than its bullion value.

ATB,
Aidan.
17-08-2010, 12:48   #83
shazros

coins

do u no hw much a 1955 Irish Halfcrown in mint condition wud be now?
17-08-2010, 14:28   #84
akeady

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazros View Post
do u no hw much a 1955 Irish Halfcrown in mint condition wud be now?
You'll find price estimates on this useful site:

http://www.irishcoinage.com/

ATB,
Aidan.
Advertisement
19-09-2010, 20:12   #85
Rollercoaster

Value of UNC Irish Euro Coins

I am doing some research for a friend and am not having much success!

Could any one tell me where could I get an accurate list of the current market value for all the Irish Euro coin sets and specials issued since the start of the Euro in 2002?

All coins would be in UNC condition and in original presentation folders or boxes as dispatched from the Central Bank of Ireland.
19-09-2010, 21:15   #86
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollercoaster View Post
I am doing some research for a friend and am not having much success!

Could any one tell me where could I get an accurate list of the current market value for all the Irish Euro coin sets and specials issued since the start of the Euro in 2002?

All coins would be in UNC condition and in original presentation folders or boxes as dispatched from the Central Bank of Ireland.
The annual mint sets of 8 or 9 coins in original folders from the central bank are all still worth only their release value, with the exception of the 2002 Irish central bank and also the Dutch mint set, both worth around 70 Euro. Also the 2003 set worth around 30 Euro. Everything else after that hasn't changed.

The silver and gold special issues or proof sets are a different story, most of them still only worth their release price but there's a few exceptions.
20-09-2010, 21:22   #87
Rollercoaster

Thanks Blade. Is there a good website where I can keep a watch on the prices as they go up!? Also, I think the gold and silver coins are also in the collection. Have they gone up in value more than the annual sets?
20-09-2010, 21:59   #88
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollercoaster View Post
Thanks Blade. Is there a good website where I can keep a watch on the prices as they go up!? Also, I think the gold and silver coins are also in the collection. Have they gone up in value more than the annual sets?
Yes some of them have, particularly the double sets of gold and silver in the one box, the Meštrović double silver set, the proof 8/9 coin sets. Also any of the others that have sold out will have gone up a bit in value but nothing major.

Don't know of any website with accurate values for Irish euros.
24-09-2010, 23:42   #89
lrushe

Trying to find out the value of a Victoria 1897 penny, also what does 'high tide' mean in respect to coins???
24-09-2010, 23:56   #90
akeady

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrushe View Post
Trying to find out the value of a Victoria 1897 penny, also what does 'high tide' mean in respect to coins???
According to Coin Yearbook 2010, 1897 pennies retail for between £2 in VF condition and £55 in UNC condition.

High tide relates to the level of the sea on the reverse behind Britannia. Higher than two folds of the robe is "high tide" for this, AFAIK.

ATB,
A.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion