Wrestling DVDs Thread - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-07-2007, 23:44   #31
ShawnRaven

Send a message via Skype™ to ShawnRaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudler
i was pissing myself at his feeble attempt to point at the entranceway "it was the slidy surface i tell ya!" after he nearly fell over, goldberg falling on his arse during his entrance at summerslam 2003 was pretty funny too.

while mania 23 may not have been the best wrestling wise it did have a solid 4 matches out of 8 which aint too terrible,mitb,the 2 title matches and the us title match were all good,pity cena and michaels wasnt as good as the raw event in the uk a few weeks later. i was pissed that the ecw,tag titles and intercontinental titles werent defended ,the IC title title hasnt been defended at a mania in what, 5 years?
I only really liked the MITB and the last 10 mins of the WHC match, the first 10 nearly put me to sleep to be honest.

But i'll end up getting the DVD for completists purposes.
VR!
Advertisement
07-07-2007, 00:12   #32
fatal

I have alot of old vhs tapes and a few dvds but most of my wrestling media is saved on my external hard drive.Il take a screenshot when I figure out how to
07-07-2007, 00:38   #33
EdK

Goldberg had a nice recovery to be fair haha, got my brother the WM 23 off WWE.com with the t-shirt and program for his birthday, got the Eddie Guerrero dvd for my troubles not bad but a tad short.

I'll admit I nearly cried haha
07-07-2007, 12:30   #34
fatal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudler
my hats off to you,thats a damn fine collection
It sure is.................................
09-07-2007, 14:02   #35
gimmick

[

Thats my entire collection give or take. Couldnt have been arsed seperating the wrestling from non wrestling, but you get the idea (ie i spend too much money on wretling DVDs!!!!

Last edited by gimmick; 09-07-2007 at 14:10.
Advertisement
09-07-2007, 20:47   #36
Fozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmick
Thats my entire collection give or take. Couldnt have been arsed seperating the wrestling from non wrestling, but you get the idea (ie i spend too much money on wretling DVDs!!!!
The ROH 5th Year Finale series looks cool, I hadn't seen them together before. Like the Mr Men books!
10-07-2007, 16:30   #37
the flananator

Quote:
Some I have never watched again. Like PWG DVDs I find very hard to re watch (that said, i find PWG difficult to get into due to lack of any commenatry.).
The PWG DVDs do have commentary, you just have to access it yourself through the audio settings on your DVD player.
13-07-2007, 16:32   #38
gimmick

There is a buy3 get one free on ROH at the moment. There are a few new releases out today also - Reborn Again, Respect Is Earned (pre order) and A Fight At The Bloomsbury.

I was going to stay away from ROH for a few months as Ive been overkill for a while now, but there are some great matches on the above. I bought Good Times: Great Memories, Fighting Spirit, Reborn Again and Bloomsbury. Ill get Respect Is Earned once it is released.

On a side note, has anyone who ordered the KOE Cup recieved any updates with regard to the DVDs? I paid for mine on pre order, they were meant to be released 11 June, but nada yet and no response to my emails.
13-07-2007, 16:52   #39
Fozzy

Quote:
On a side note, has anyone who ordered the KOE Cup recieved any updates with regard to the DVDs? I paid for mine on pre order, they were meant to be released 11 June, but nada yet and no response to my emails.
I heard at the start of the month that there were some legal issues with the publishing of the dvd, but that they had been sorted out
Advertisement
14-07-2007, 17:10   #40
estebancambias
Banned

Send a message via MSN to estebancambias
I bought the Fifth year ROH Liverpool festival from wrestlemania and guess what, there was no color. I was outraged.

I went in to get history of the ladder match and they didnt have it. Their collection is poor.
14-07-2007, 17:52   #41
Fozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by estebancambias
I bought the Fifth year ROH Liverpool festival from wrestlemania and guess what, there was no color. I was outraged.
I would guess that that might have been because the dvds are in NTSC format and you might have been playing it on a PAL format tv. Try it on a newer tv and it will probably work
14-07-2007, 19:23   #42
ShawnRaven

Yeah Wrestling Mania get a lot of NTSC format as their stuff tends to come in from the US. If your TV is more than five years old it's gonna play them back in black and white. Play them on a PC or on a more recent TV and it shouldn't have any problem with it.

VR!
14-07-2007, 19:48   #43
estebancambias
Banned

Send a message via MSN to estebancambias
Voila, thanks a million. Should the guy at the counter not tell me this when I go to buy the DVD? I would have thought as a consumer I'm entitled to know that my freakin TV is too old to play a DVD.
14-07-2007, 22:20   #44
ShawnRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by estebancambias
Voila, thanks a million. Should the guy at the counter not tell me this when I go to buy the DVD? I would have thought as a consumer I'm entitled to know that my freakin TV is too old to play a DVD.
Last i checked they do have a sign saying that they need a multi-region DVD player, meaning they will sell American DVDs as well. After that, It's up to the consumer to check the back of the DVD to see what region it is, what format it is, and if it will work with their equipment.

VR!
15-07-2007, 00:34   #45
krudler

thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion