Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

why do my chargers keep breaking????

• 22-06-2007 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

unusual one here.
    ive left my phone charger in work.
    i cant get to work as im wothout transport at the moment.
    ive been out for 6 weeks now.
    since then ive been chrging my phone via usb.
    im going on holidays tomorrow so bought a new charger on satruday.
    i brought it home and it stopped working after about 2 minutes.
    exchanged it yesterday and the same thing happened.
    exchanged that one today and was in the shop for about 10 minutes while the guy tested the new charger and so on.

sure enough i get home plug the phone in, different socket this time, and 10 seconds later its not charging anymore.

i called cpw helpdesk and they said there are no known problems and to bring it back again.
    i called sony ericsson and they suggested a faulty handset and advised to send it in for repair.

it seems likely to me that any repalcemnt charger will break.
    its unlikely my phone is at fault (works fine off usb, and off original charger last time i checked)
    what that leaves me with is the idea that my wiring or electricity may be faulty.
    is that possible, and how do i possibly fix it?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

either your sockets are outputting a slightly higher voltage than usual ( which does happens but usually only be a few volts ) and the charger just cant handle it, or else your phone is sucking too much juice from the charger which seriously ive never seen happening lol. Is the charger you are getting one from a generic manufacturer or an official one from the handset manufacturer.

when you were testing it in store, was it with your own handset or an in-store one.

if it works in store for 10 minutes on your handset, and blows within a minute at home, its definitely your home voltage. try going for an official model then if that isnt the case already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TunnelingP

Excuse me but i have the same problem but the problem is always the charger my phone is fine and my wall voltage is normal and i treat my chargers with "care" but they all seem to stop working at around 3 months with no reason at all its very aggravating and there not the dollar store chargers there factory new ones any help would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have you guys tried a Surge Guard in line between you charger and the wall socket?

Sounds like spikes or dirty voltage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Lolwut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If no recent thread exists on a topic, please start a new one rather than raising one from the dead. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement