Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best bar/nightclub in Wexford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

mdwexford wrote:
    your all too old

stores on saturday ftw :D:p

cant believe no-one mentioned colony, that wasnt a waste of money at all ;)

Or colostomy as we call it. Cos it was full of little sh!ts!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

pmsl, lmfao etc :D:D:D

quality find

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

here's another one, same place, same night. Watch the guy in the base ball cap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuYKi9yVOEk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

the crown is a place I like purely for the lack of knackers there. The stores on a saturday night is to be avoided at all costs. far far too packed. I don't like any of the night clubs i the town, having said that I don't like nightclubs in general.

Dakota i'sn't too bad either but i rarely go out at home anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Breens bar in Carrick on Bannow was good craic, its been all done up recently and reopening soon. Mary Barrys Kilmore village also a good pub.

the crown is a place I like purely for the lack of knackers there. The stores on a saturday night is to be avoided at all costs. far far too packed. I don't like any of the night clubs i the town, having said that I don't like nightclubs in general.

Dakota i'sn't too bad either but i rarely go out at home anymore.

yeah that is a good point about the crown but that does be just as packed as the stores on Saturday night in fairness

Badabing wrote:
    Breens bar in Carrick on Bannow was good craic, its been all done up recently and reopening soon. Mary Barrys Kilmore village also a good pub.

cmon now, be serious

do you own these "pubs"? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

mdwexford wrote:
    cmon now, be serious

do you own these "pubs"? :p

Breens i was having a laugh:D But sometimes Mary Barrys is good especilly when Des Browne is singing there, i also live near there so it's handy if im not going into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Shelly23

I'm headin down there this weekend with my girls. whats the best bet to ensure a good night out dancin that doesnt mean gettin trampled on by little kids!? I cant remember where we're staying but Oscars was mentioned, so i guess in that general area?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

Shelly23 wrote:
    I'm headin down there this weekend with my girls. whats the best bet to ensure a good night out dancin that doesnt mean gettin trampled on by little kids!? I cant remember where we're staying but Oscars was mentioned, so i guess in that general area?!?

if oscars was mentioned then your more than likely going to be out in gorey which leaves you with the choice of going to either oscars or jupiter, both pretty crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

xebec wrote:
    On topic: for a quiet drink I really enjoy the Thomas Moore Tavern in Cornmarket.

My favourite pub in Wexford and Ireland - its closed for the summer while they're renovating. Lets hope they keep the front bar intact...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

J.S. Pill wrote:
    My favourite pub in Wexford and Ireland - its closed for the summer while they're renovating. Lets hope they keep the front bar intact...

I meant to post this a while back:

I walked past the Thomas Moore Tavern last month and had a peek in the window to see what they were doing to the place. Turns out they've completely gutted the inside. I must say I was very upset by all this. At this rate it will end up looking like the ultra trendy South 51.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Can't believe nobody mentioned Mackens.A class pub full of humourous legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petethefeet

was down for weekend and hit the town, **** pubs, all small and pokey and very few went to late pub called the stores packed with kids downstairs and auld ones upstairs **** music,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    I meant to post this a while back:

I walked past the Thomas Moore Tavern last month and had a peek in the window to see what they were doing to the place. Turns out they've completely gutted the inside. I must say I was very upset by all this. At this rate it will end up looking like the ultra trendy South 51.

ultra trendy??!?? South 51??!?

Anyway, looks like work stopped on the Tom Moore. Did they run out of money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 petethefeet

its not a club, no dancefloor, crap sound, and to busy, feels like a cattle market for people who don't know any better
    xebec wrote: »
    Ok, so what's your favourite bar or nightclub in Wexford? And why?

I've sampled quite a few around the county, but still really enjoy going to the Stores, mainly for the atmosphere and the nice surroundings - I'm not really a big fan of ancient dives (bad memories of the Castle)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

French's in Gorey - a survivor from Old God's time -at least it was the last time I was there. Twin core wiring, plaster falling off the walls, and counter worn away from elbows!
    In Enniscorthy 'The Antique' is the only civilised place for a pint and good for rugby - I will be there shouting for the All Blacks this Saturday. It is not a genuinely 'old' pub but has a nice homely feel to it and with twenty bodies it's crowded.
    In Wexford - well God help us I am amused that so many still like 'The Crown' - I first set foot in in 1976 when still at school. The full extent of it was the front bar -still there I think - where you could put you back against the wall and feet against the counter it was that big. Once you you got friendly with the owner Aidan Kelly (?) you might be invited to visit the back bar and sign the visitors book and view his collection of guns and relics from 1916. The toilets were outside across a yard and I seem to remember wild flowers growing down the unrinals and that there was some UK tabloid newspaper cut up for loo paper - to stop campers like yours truly from stealing it!!

Truly we will not see its like again but I am glad its current incarnation is still proving popular. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Colemans in the Market Square Enniscorty- Great pints, great music and alot of eye candy. Need I say more.

Colemans in the Market Square Enniscorty- Great pints, great music and alot of eye candy. Need I say more.

I live less than 100 yards from Colemans and have never entered it since it opened but I will try it and report my findings here. Externally it appears better than the newsagent that last operated here but I have heard that the clientele leaves something to be desired!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

I have heard that the clientele leaves something to be desired!! :)

You get a few undisirables every where you go but they are not that bad in Colemans very mixed crowd between young and old and all ecomonic backgrounds it makes for some interesting people watching. I have never seen so much as an ounce of trouble in it any Saturday or Sunday that I have been there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

anyone ever go to The Dunbrody in New Ross ? its been closed for sum time now but it was definitely the best pub in the world. Ever.

Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hotrodman

Hi all, myself and 20 friends are heading to wexford for the weekend for a bit of craic,we want to hit the ground running strting in the more lively pubs, has anyone and suggestions of pubs and clubs in wexford town that would sit the late 20s crowed. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Try Metro 17 on the Quay...it's new, and pretty decent actually

hotrodman wrote: »
    Hi all, myself and 20 friends are heading to wexford for the weekend for a bit of craic,we want to hit the ground running strting in the more lively pubs, has anyone and suggestions of pubs and clubs in wexford town that would sit the late 20s crowed. thanks

Springsteens (although I haven't been since the refurbishment, can't say I like the new facade on it) might be a good bet. Change from the Stores anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Sweeno wrote: »
    anyone ever go to The Dunbrody in New Ross ? its been closed for sum time now but it was definitely the best pub in the world. Ever.

Fact.

what planet are you on it was grand during the day for some food and a a few pints but on a saturday night it was the worst place to go full of scumbags and undesirables

if your in ross you have to pay a visit to spiders and see the most miserable man in ireland even when the place is full ffs still good craic tho and of course portovino needs a mention take a stroll over there at 11 and you'll b grand ha

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

There is no good late bars in Wexford town...although Metro 17 is ok, but not a late bar as such...Then its either the stores or Music factory, stores gets packed, MF is full of kids!! All pubs on Monck St get rammed on Sat night...so its hard to find a good place.....The Wicked Swan in the Faythe serve great pints and always has a nice crowd...but its the far end of town!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paddykelly

French's in Gorey - a survivor from Old God's time -at least it was the last time I was there. Twin core wiring, plaster falling off the walls, and counter worn away from elbows!
    In Enniscorthy 'The Antique' is the only civilised place for a pint and good for rugby - I will be there shouting for the All Blacks this Saturday. It is not a genuinely 'old' pub but has a nice homely feel to it and with twenty bodies it's crowded.
    In Wexford - well God help us I am amused that so many still like 'The Crown' - I first set foot in in 1976 when still at school. The full extent of it was the front bar -still there I think - where you could put you back against the wall and feet against the counter it was that big. Once you you got friendly with the owner Aidan Kelly (?) you might be invited to visit the back bar and sign the visitors book and view his collection of guns and relics from 1916. The toilets were outside across a yard and I seem to remember wild flowers growing down the unrinals and that there was some UK tabloid newspaper cut up for loo paper - to stop campers like yours truly from stealing it!!

Truly we will not see its like again but I am glad its current incarnation is still proving popular. :):)
    Sadly the crown bar was sold on in about 1998 believe me i know the bar very well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paddykelly wrote: »
    Sadly the crown bar was sold on in about 1998 believe me i know the bar very well

You must not know it that well, did you know it closed down about 3/4 weeks ago?

• Advertisement

Serious Zombie thread resurrection. :D Amazed to hear that the Crown has closed down - nobody drink in Wexford anymore?

Advertisement