This forum is designed to be a resource for those heading off to see the world - whether it is for weekend break or a month lazing on a beach
So, what is this forum for?
- Queries about destinations
- Travel money
- What to do
- What to see
What is the forum not intended for?
- Trip reports. Use the Travel Reports and Reviews forum
- Requests for others to find flights/hotels for you.
- Queries about living abroad permanently or temporarily. Use the Abroad forum.
- Questions about Independent/Youth and Student travel. The Independent and Youth Travel forum is now open for those threads. There are separate forums for Australia/NZ which covers WHVs and a USA/Canada forum which covers J1 type travel also.
- Advertising (holidays for sale, properties to rent etc). Please use www.adverts.ie
- Finding out how to bypass customs, defraud travel insurance companies, enter countries illegally - basically, anything that isn't above board and legal. Requesting or offering advice on illegal activity will result in bans.
Neither of these lists are exhaustive, so use common sense. If in doubt, send a PM to a mod.
The usual rules apply: no trolling, spamming, or flaming of other posters. Other users may have different opinions than you, and that must be respected. If you see something on the forum you don't like, use the "Report Bad Post" option beneath the persons username - do not make comments/complaints on the thread in question. Also, don't use text speak - it's hard for others to read.
Give your thread a meaningful title - it will help people notice it and give you advice. Vague titles and posts don't help anyone.
Boards.ie isn't a travel agent. Don't expect others to come and do the searching for you. Check out the " Useful sites for flights, hotels and more..." sticky and do your own research.
And remember, when you come back..use the Travel Reports and Reviews forum to let everyone know about where you've been, what you've done and seen..help us build up a resource for future travellers.