Recomendation for 5.1 system - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-03-2007, 20:53   #1
BFassassin

Recomendation for 5.1 system

Hello im looking for a 5.1 system and i have a couple of requirements but i am not sure of any system that will fill them all.
Anyway im looking for one that has
1)optical input (for xbox 360)
2)HDMI
3)plays div-x
4)i would like rear satilites but im not fussed
5)a usb connection so i could play movies from an external hard-drive.

I know thats quite a precise list and im looking for any recomendations. I dont want to break the bank either.
Cheers
Advertisement
07-03-2007, 18:33   #2
Wertz

I'd say you're really gonna have to go for a receiver/speaker package and a separate disc player to accomadate your needs.

My needs are somewhat similar and I've almost settled on the sony Ht-DDW880 which is a 6.1 HDMI amp and speakers and a chepaish divx/dvd player with HDMI and maybe USB.
Gonna come in at around 450 quid.

I don't know if that's breaking the bank or not, but if you want to tick all your boxes it's gonna be around that figure even if you could find an all-in-1 solution

The samsung HT XQ100 might suit your needs in one box, but it's around the price of my solution above...
07-03-2007, 20:37   #3
BFassassin

Thanks for the reply Wertz. Its a bit more than i was thinking of spending. I was sort of planning on spending around €250. Ill have a look at the system you are thinking of.
22-03-2007, 23:25   #4
tonedef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wertz
My needs are somewhat similar and I've almost settled on the sony Ht-DDW880 which is a 6.1 HDMI amp and speakers and a chepaish divx/dvd player with HDMI and maybe USB.
Gonna come in at around 450 quid.
Where were you going to buy the Sony HT-DDW880?

I know pixmania used to stock it but it's not on their site anymore
23-03-2007, 16:41   #5
Wertz

Great. I've had it in my basket the last two weeks waiting on some money to come in.
Bastards.
Definitely the one I want if only for the upscaling to component and the hdmi splitter. Try and source one in the UK maybe (and enjoy the fun of trying to get a shop that can actually deliver outside mainland UK)

I don't understand pixmania...they push and push at promoting systems and then just pull it off their catalogue with no warning.
Yamaha v359 is the only passable alternative I can find within budget and it has no HDMI splitter and the speakers look a bit naff.
Advertisement
25-03-2007, 09:25   #6
BFassassin

Well lads im back. I have been looking around and i cant find an all in one that will do the job for around €250 so i am now looking for a cheap hdmi dvd player that fills my needs and a seperate speaker system.
I was thinking of something like this for the DVD player. the only problem i can see from it is that it doesnt have a usb port.
I was thinking of these for the speakers but unfortunately they only have the one input.
I will also be getting one of these external hard drives so i would like to get a dvd player that can play movies (divX) through its usb port.
Thanks for any help

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion