For people who like REAL HIP HOP - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2007, 15:58   #16
soloparadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetryder
yeh im wit ya. im into more of de true rappers, not 50 cent and de game there nothin. im into DMX, LL COOL J, JA RULE, METHOD MAN, RED MAN, TUPAC. theses are true rappers, came from de ghetto and still from de ghetto
lmao LL Cool J is from the suburbs and has never tried to hide this fact, Ja Rule was also from a relatively opulent area. You seem to be greatly misguided.
Advertisement
07-01-2007, 20:42   #17
Endurance Man

Send a message via MSN to Endurance Man Send a message via Yahoo to Endurance Man
Just flicking through some of my old school beats, Tony Touch, Tony Toka, Assinisits, Dead Prez, check them out :].
07-01-2007, 20:50   #18
Endurance Man

Send a message via MSN to Endurance Man Send a message via Yahoo to Endurance Man
Edit: Second thought, that might not be allowed.

Check out Pharoahe Monch, very cool.

Last edited by Endurance Man; 07-01-2007 at 20:54.
07-01-2007, 20:56   #19
Peyton Manning
Closed Account

Big L > Your Favourite Rapper
07-01-2007, 20:58   #20
Endurance Man

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=44158235 Good old school beat, we used to kill the MOP **** at house partys.
Advertisement
08-01-2007, 00:49   #21
me and the biz

Send a message via AIM to me and the biz Send a message via MSN to me and the biz
seeing that in your sig makes me tear up a little bit Endurance man
08-01-2007, 01:16   #22
Endurance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by me and the biz
seeing that in your sig makes me tear up a little bit Endurance man
Whats that ?
08-01-2007, 19:31   #23
Colin Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshambo
Nasty, Tupac never was the ghetto thug he made out to be was he? Nice boy from a rough area, dance student, meets his producer and becomes ganstaa,
Tupac was the truest, most respected rapper that ever lived who never made himself out to be anything he wasn't.
08-01-2007, 21:29   #24
soloparadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Mac
Tupac was the truest, most respected rapper that ever lived who never made himself out to be anything he wasn't.
Tupac was never the compton blood that he portrayed himself as during his death row days, he was a Harlem kid who went to arts schools through his teens. I'm not saying that the guy didn't suffer poverty or hard times but he was never the gangbanging thug that Sug made him out to be.
Advertisement
08-01-2007, 21:49   #25
Colin Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloparadox
Tupac was never the compton blood that he portrayed himself as during his death row days, he was a Harlem kid who went to arts schools through his teens. I'm not saying that the guy didn't suffer poverty or hard times but he was never the gangbanging thug that Sug made him out to be.
Like I said, Tupac never claimed to be something he wasn't. And big deal if he studied arts, does it matter? Also, Tupac never claimed to be a blood.
08-01-2007, 22:46   #26
Orizio

Please people lets leave the gang bull**** out of this thread.

Its just...depressing.
10-01-2007, 00:50   #27
soloparadox

Quote:
Like I said, Tupac never claimed to be something he wasn't. And big deal if he studied arts, does it matter? Also, Tupac never claimed to be a blood.
Like i said he portrayed himself as a gangster and parroted thug life, he claimed to be a thug, he was not, therefor he claimed to be something he was not.....
10-01-2007, 00:56   #28
soloparadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orizio
Please people lets leave the gang bull**** out of this thread.

Its just...depressing.
Tupac wore red, hung with bloods and helped sug beat on crips. This is a fact, im just saying he was not the gangster he made himself out to be. I would like if you could elaborate on "The gang bull****" because it seems to me that you are in some way infering that im going to start an argument as to which L.A gang is superior, which if you cared to read my posts, is far from the case.
10-01-2007, 01:44   #29
Colin Mac

Quote:
Like i said he portrayed himself as a gangster and parroted thug life, he claimed to be a thug, he was not, therefor he claimed to be something he was not.....

Thug Life as defined by Tupac meant somebody who has got nothing, that's what Thug meant to Tupac, he said that himself. Your argument is stupid though, ask yourself why is that as soon as Tupac was mentioned as being a good rapper, you jump in to argue on how he wasn't a ganster? Have you not noticed that virtually every rapper in this thread claims to be a ganster?
Or are they all worthy of it, unlike Tupac.
10-01-2007, 08:41   #30
Orizio

Quote:
Tupac wore red, hung with bloods and helped sug beat on crips. This is a fact, im just saying he was not the gangster he made himself out to be. I would like if you could elaborate on "The gang bull****" because it seems to me that you are in some way infering that im going to start an argument as to which L.A gang is superior, which if you cared to read my posts, is far from the case.
I know thats not what you said.I'm not infering anything, I just don't see the merit of any discussion about Tupac's credentials.Don't you ever get sick of such discussions popping up in Hip-Hop?

Quote:
Have you not noticed that virtually every rapper in this thread claims to be a ganster?
This is far from true in fairness.Common,P Monch,Aesop's Rock etc have all been mentioned and don't seem to affiliate themselves with gangs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion