For people who like REAL HIP HOP - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-01-2007, 15:58   #16
soloparadox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetryder
yeh im wit ya. im into more of de true rappers, not 50 cent and de game there nothin. im into DMX, LL COOL J, JA RULE, METHOD MAN, RED MAN, TUPAC. theses are true rappers, came from de ghetto and still from de ghetto
lmao LL Cool J is from the suburbs and has never tried to hide this fact, Ja Rule was also from a relatively opulent area. You seem to be greatly misguided.
soloparadox is offline  
Advertisement
07-01-2007, 20:42   #17
Endurance Man
Registered User
 
Endurance Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Loughbrickland i think
Posts: 5,061
Send a message via MSN to Endurance Man Send a message via Yahoo to Endurance Man
Just flicking through some of my old school beats, Tony Touch, Tony Toka, Assinisits, Dead Prez, check them out :].
Endurance Man is offline  
07-01-2007, 20:50   #18
Endurance Man
Registered User
 
Endurance Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Loughbrickland i think
Posts: 5,061
Send a message via MSN to Endurance Man Send a message via Yahoo to Endurance Man
Edit: Second thought, that might not be allowed.

Check out Pharoahe Monch, very cool.

Last edited by Endurance Man; 07-01-2007 at 20:54.
Endurance Man is offline  
07-01-2007, 20:56   #19
Peyton Manning
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,072
Big L > Your Favourite Rapper
Peyton Manning is offline  
07-01-2007, 20:58   #20
Endurance Man
Registered User
 
Endurance Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Loughbrickland i think
Posts: 5,061
Send a message via MSN to Endurance Man Send a message via Yahoo to Endurance Man
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=44158235 Good old school beat, we used to kill the MOP **** at house partys.
Endurance Man is offline  
Advertisement
08-01-2007, 00:49   #21
me and the biz
Registered User
 
me and the biz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lucan
Posts: 329
Send a message via AIM to me and the biz Send a message via MSN to me and the biz
seeing that in your sig makes me tear up a little bit Endurance man
me and the biz is offline  
08-01-2007, 01:16   #22
Endurance Man
Registered User
 
Endurance Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Loughbrickland i think
Posts: 5,061
Send a message via MSN to Endurance Man Send a message via Yahoo to Endurance Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by me and the biz
seeing that in your sig makes me tear up a little bit Endurance man
Whats that ?
Endurance Man is offline  
08-01-2007, 19:31   #23
Colin Mac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by elshambo
Nasty, Tupac never was the ghetto thug he made out to be was he? Nice boy from a rough area, dance student, meets his producer and becomes ganstaa,
Tupac was the truest, most respected rapper that ever lived who never made himself out to be anything he wasn't.
Colin Mac is offline  
08-01-2007, 21:29   #24
soloparadox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Mac
Tupac was the truest, most respected rapper that ever lived who never made himself out to be anything he wasn't.
Tupac was never the compton blood that he portrayed himself as during his death row days, he was a Harlem kid who went to arts schools through his teens. I'm not saying that the guy didn't suffer poverty or hard times but he was never the gangbanging thug that Sug made him out to be.
soloparadox is offline  
Advertisement
08-01-2007, 21:49   #25
Colin Mac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloparadox
Tupac was never the compton blood that he portrayed himself as during his death row days, he was a Harlem kid who went to arts schools through his teens. I'm not saying that the guy didn't suffer poverty or hard times but he was never the gangbanging thug that Sug made him out to be.
Like I said, Tupac never claimed to be something he wasn't. And big deal if he studied arts, does it matter? Also, Tupac never claimed to be a blood.
Colin Mac is offline  
08-01-2007, 22:46   #26
Orizio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,819
Please people lets leave the gang bull**** out of this thread.

Its just...depressing.
Orizio is offline  
10-01-2007, 00:50   #27
soloparadox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Mac
Like I said, Tupac never claimed to be something he wasn't. And big deal if he studied arts, does it matter? Also, Tupac never claimed to be a blood.
Like i said he portrayed himself as a gangster and parroted thug life, he claimed to be a thug, he was not, therefor he claimed to be something he was not.....
soloparadox is offline  
10-01-2007, 00:56   #28
soloparadox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orizio
Please people lets leave the gang bull**** out of this thread.

Its just...depressing.
Tupac wore red, hung with bloods and helped sug beat on crips. This is a fact, im just saying he was not the gangster he made himself out to be. I would like if you could elaborate on "The gang bull****" because it seems to me that you are in some way infering that im going to start an argument as to which L.A gang is superior, which if you cared to read my posts, is far from the case.
soloparadox is offline  
10-01-2007, 01:44   #29
Colin Mac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloparadox
Like i said he portrayed himself as a gangster and parroted thug life, he claimed to be a thug, he was not, therefor he claimed to be something he was not.....

Thug Life as defined by Tupac meant somebody who has got nothing, that's what Thug meant to Tupac, he said that himself. Your argument is stupid though, ask yourself why is that as soon as Tupac was mentioned as being a good rapper, you jump in to argue on how he wasn't a ganster? Have you not noticed that virtually every rapper in this thread claims to be a ganster?
Or are they all worthy of it, unlike Tupac.
Colin Mac is offline  
10-01-2007, 08:41   #30
Orizio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloparadox
Tupac wore red, hung with bloods and helped sug beat on crips. This is a fact, im just saying he was not the gangster he made himself out to be. I would like if you could elaborate on "The gang bull****" because it seems to me that you are in some way infering that im going to start an argument as to which L.A gang is superior, which if you cared to read my posts, is far from the case.
I know thats not what you said.I'm not infering anything, I just don't see the merit of any discussion about Tupac's credentials.Don't you ever get sick of such discussions popping up in Hip-Hop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Mac
Have you not noticed that virtually every rapper in this thread claims to be a ganster?
This is far from true in fairness.Common,P Monch,Aesop's Rock etc have all been mentioned and don't seem to affiliate themselves with gangs.
Orizio is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet