Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-11-2006, 10:36   #61
mickd

Funny all the threads I read on boards comdemning scumbag behaviour and here we have this one celebrating it. Some country alright. Needless to say I am no fan of Plank but you are either for this behaviour or against it.
Advertisement
25-11-2006, 11:14   #62
Milktrolley

When that councillor from Tipperary admitted to driving after a few pints, he was rightly condemned, but it was acknowledged that he got people talking, and created more discussion about the subject - always a good thing if it can get a few more people thinking.

What the Dublin man in his 50s did last night has opened discussion on the national airwaves about Pat Kenny's performance. He should be invited back on the show next week (I know it's the Toy Show, but sure no time like the present) to expand on his points and Jimmy Carr can weigh in as well. Pat and one of his producers can offer opposition.

It'd be some telly!

Last edited by Milktrolley; 26-11-2006 at 10:19.
25-11-2006, 11:17   #63
Thomas_S_Hunterson
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd
Funny all the threads I read on boards comdemning scumbag behaviour and here we have this one celebrating it. Some country alright. Needless to say I am no fan of Plank but you are either for this behaviour or against it.
I wouldn't quite call it scumbag behaviour, the guy just drunk, not violent,and it livened the show up a fair bit
25-11-2006, 11:19   #64
Lump

Send a message via MSN to Lump
He wasn't charged with anything http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1125/latelateshow.html?rss
25-11-2006, 11:28   #65
Diogenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lump
No surprise if he didn't hurt anyone, there's not much he can be charged with he was just arrested ala Jarvis Cocker and the Micheal Jackson incident,

Aside; My favourite part of that story, is that after being manhandled off stage by security Jackson's people wanted Cocker charged with assault, claiming he hit the kids surrounding Jackson. As Cocker sat in the cells, his "solicitor" arrived. Vic Reeves. Who's a qualified solicitor, and got the charges dropped.
Advertisement
25-11-2006, 11:44   #66
mickd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milktrolley

What the Dublin man in his 50s did last night has opened discussion on the national airwaves about Pat Kenny's performance. He should be invited back on the show next week (I know it's the Toy Show, but sure no time like the present) to expand on his points and Jimmy Carr can weigh in as well. Pat and one of his producers can offer opposition.

It'd be some telly!
That discussion has been running for 10 years at least!
25-11-2006, 13:15   #67
Milktrolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd
That discussion has been running for 10 years at least!
Except not on the one national forum where important matters are supposed to be discussed - the Late Late!

It has to be said though, Pat did well. He could have lashed out at this "scum" - as he has called such people (i.e people who think he's terrible) on Today in the past. He's never been animated anyway, but he remained calm.
25-11-2006, 16:29   #68
Ghost Train
Custom User Title

Quote:
...He should be invited back on the show next week (I know it's the Toy Show, but sure no time like the present) ...
They could dress him up as santa for the kids
25-11-2006, 16:36   #69
panda100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes
Theres no security to review. They rely on junior producers to screen the crowd. Doesn't help that theres a bar before the show.
But surely the barstaff would stop giving drinks when its obvious someones had enough?And how can a guy wander down from the audience,past all the sound technicians and camermen without being noticed
Advertisement
25-11-2006, 19:57   #70
radioman

Its not a 'bar' really, its a makeshift table out the back of the studio with just wine, all layed out in classy plastic cups. When I was there I noticed it would have been very easy for somebody to grab quite a few cups of wine before the show without anybody taking much notice, they have you waiting there for a good hour before the show starts
26-11-2006, 00:02   #71
Pigman II
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pigman II Send a message via Yahoo to Pigman II Send a message via Skype™ to Pigman II
god bless that mystery man. Pity he was apparently drunk as a skunk when he did it but irregardless it always does my heart good to occasionally see people stand up and stick one in the eye of these sacred cows.

Hopefully this is a snowflake that starts an avalance and that train-wreck of a tv show will be off the air within the year.
26-11-2006, 00:36   #72
Milktrolley

I'm against the idea of axing the Late Late, it's a strong brand with potential. It's in dire need of a revamp though.

Fair fecks to Parasite - Dara O'Briain told Ryan Tubridy earlier that he and several others gathered around a PC at a dinner party in London to watch the tirade on Youtube about an hour after it happened. "That's how fast the media works nowadays," he added.
26-11-2006, 00:47   #73
MrJoeSoap

Mod: Hockey
Anybody see the profile of this madman/genius on tomorrows Sunday Indo?

He has some idea regarding "black box" technology that will eliminate all road deaths and accidents, and he wants to sell his idea for €5m. It involves every car having an onboard computer and "fly-by-wire" technology. Recently he has blocked the front doors of the National Road Safety Authority with his car, and he is the father of a member of the Late Late crew.

Apparently it took 8 Gardaí to remove him from RTE, and instead of a mouth he has four arses.
26-11-2006, 01:22   #74
Dr. Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeSoap
Anybody see the profile of this madman/genius on tomorrows Sunday Indo?

He has some idea regarding "black box" technology that will eliminate all road deaths and accidents, and he wants to sell his idea for €5m. It involves every car having an onboard computer and "fly-by-wire" technology. Recently he has blocked the front doors of the National Road Safety Authority with his car, and he is the father of a member of the Late Late crew.

Apparently it took 8 Gardaí to remove him from RTE, and instead of a mouth he has four arses.
Wow.
26-11-2006, 01:25   #75
Big Ears

Mod: Boxing
Quote:
When that councillor from Tipperary admitted to drinking after a few pints, he was rightly condemned.
Drinking after a few pints , the man should be shot !!!

obviously Milktrolley meant driving not drinking .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion