Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Hobbs' new show

• 02-10-2006 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

It's complete ****e. :eek:

Post-show edit:

Now that it's over, what were tonights recommendations?

Clear the credit card & other high interest debts - OK, good advice
    Look at reducing the term of your mortgage - OK, worth considering

Buy gold & wine! Maybe AFTER the all the other steps when you're well organised!

Get married, or get divorced
    Get elected to the Dáil
    Have a sex change if you're a woman

:rolleyes:

Can anyone remember the rest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The mans a fool, he may or may not be a decent adviser but he must not be let anywhere near a camera or studio audience.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was certainly a lot of padding in the show. All that dressing up in supermarkets didn't actually seem to serve any purpose.

I thought originally he was going to show how easily people will jump at a dodgey property deal, but he went out of his way to make the deal sound terrible... and it wasn't even in the least bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

and it wasn't even in the least bit funny.

I must confess that I laughed a few times throughout the show.

I agree, though, that I don't quite get the point in the show. If it was meant to be serious it wasn't. If it was meant to be humerous, it was, but more of a laughing at him than with him.

Besides, seeing as it was filmed before (well not live anyway) I am guessing that the entire studio audience has already inflated the gold and wine markets so that rules them out of the 30 things to do :)

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jail8ird

I've been out of the country so I've never seen Hobbs in action before but I thought he was great. Before he came along would you ever think a TV station would sell such a useful consumer programme.

The speed of the programme matches his Cork accent tho. Some of his points on the slides were by so twas difficult to take it in and understand what he was saying.

I didn't get the selling overseas property sketch either. Seems most Irish people are not as stupid as he makes out.

Big up Eddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

It was like: We have Eddie Hobbs. Now lets find something to make a show about with him presenting it.

Instead of: Heres something we want to make a show about. Lets get Eddie Hobbs to present it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Eddie Hobbs = wanna-be Mark Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

rondjon wrote:
    Eddie Hobbs = wanna-be Mark Thomas

Eddie Hobbs is *NOTHING* like Mark Thomas! wtf?

Advertisement