No scratch that, I would love to hear your opinions, I know you've all got at least one.
Basically, we're a two car household, and will remain so. At present Mrs. Roundy is driving a big comfy Korean family hack (Daewoo Leganza-bought from a boardsie), which has covered 30k in the last year without complaint. I drive the car pictured below, and that's *not* going anywhere...
Now she's changing careers and will be working much closer to home than formerly, so no need for millions of airbags, traction control, and 2 litre fuel consumption anymore.
So, I want to buy something fun, reliable, 1.4 or less at a pinch, that looks good. 2 doors fine, but not two seats unfortunately. Did I mention fun?
We don't subscribe to number plate envy, having done the new car thing in the past-I find it hard to justify the hit of a '06, it's just not for me. Therefore age is not an issue, nor is price, although I don't want to go mad either.
Given these humble requirements, I came up with the following. If any of you have read this far, thanks for bearing with, and I would love to hear any ideas, no matter how esoteric they may seem...
- Toyota Glanza-Love the notion of these, not a whole lot against them, bar the asshole stigma that goes with them
- Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso-Bloody impossible to find with essential service history and TLC, I should have got one in the early nineties.
- Alfa 146/7-Love 'em but I'm not that brave. I can't sacrifice form for function or lack of to that degree IMHO. Please don't flame. Anyway, too thirsty.
- Citreon Saxo VTR-Not convinced as to reliability, but input would be good.
- Seat Ibiza Sport-GTI too thirsty, old model bland looking...
Don't want much, do I?