Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

The problem I have with that is if customs investigate an undervalued package then I guess it can be percieved as attempting to defraud them and I'm sure it gets a lot messier at that point!:eek:

I believe they can either fine you, or seize the goods irrevocably if they're undervalued deliberately. It annoys me when HK suppliers do that, so much so I wont use EBaybanned at all anymore because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Puding wrote: »
    what one are you looking for doc? i might have one depending on the connection you need

Motorola 2 pin, cheers man.

So now I've a real fancy ptt button..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

so you have the ppt section, what headset where you looking for ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Doc had advised some time ago that you are better off submitting separate orders to EBB if you are getting a few items,

That was me, and a tactic i learned the hard way., :D

Their still a gang of f^$king muppets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

TheDoc wrote: »
    Motorola 2 pin, cheers man.

So now I've a real fancy ptt button..:(

but on the up side if you bring that button out with ya and press it and shout ya orders out and if the wind is goin the right way.......job done :):)

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    so you have the ppt section, what headset where you looking for ?

Calvary headset, in tan, or maybe it was a bowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

I've ordered a number of times off EBB and have never had a problem, received exactly what I ordered and usually arriving in a little under 2 weeks.

Does look like that when they screw the pooch however, it's done to a spectacular degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

I found my new out of the country retailer.

My Eotech arrived today, serious service from Ehobbyasia! Got the Eotech and a screen protecter for the grand total of €57.99 and arrived from HK in 2 days, thats a fast as some Irish retailers!

No customs, was lucky!

Ehobby are the business

I'm still waiting to see a refund in my paypal account

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Note

Just to let you know "ehobbyasia.com" are banned from boards.ie

I wont go into the reasons why, but just in case anybody was sending them a PM regarding an order they will not respond to you.

This has no bearing on them as a retailer, this is just info if anybody was attempting to contact them through boards.ie

Discussion of them and their products is still allowed

But they are not allowed post or advertise here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Ordered a Partner Product from [EMAIL="Tony@Eirsoft"]Tony@Eirsoft[/EMAIL] on monday afternoon,it was in the shop and given a once over by ritchie on thursday and collected today,i dont think even santa is that quick once again thanks lads.

The Master wrote: »
    Note

Just to let you know "ehobbyasia.com" are banned from boards.ie

I wont go into the reasons why, but just in case anybody was sending them a PM regarding an order they will not respond to you.

This has no bearing on them as a retailer, this is just info if anybody was attempting to contact them through boards.ie

Discussion of them and their products is still allowed

But they are not allowed post or advertise here

Didnt know that thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Hey guys got my pistol 7 days from date ordered from ehobbyasia. Brilliant service.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone been to the new Strikearms shop in swords? I'm quite interested to know what it's like.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

Don’t buy from redwolf! I bought loads of stuff from them, then sent me a dud g&p laser and light and also a leaking pistol mag when I e-mailed them the wounded even talk to me, before I had the problem they was full of advise !!! they full of **** !!!!
    fire support in the uk the way to go I think

pump - co.wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Try e-mailing them again.
    Out of curiousity what did you send to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

I orded off ehobby on the 14th with slow shipping and im still waiting.its never tacken this long before!!!!:mad:

i did about 4-5 times ! got no reply at all. did not send them any abuse or anything just said what was wrong with the stuff and if i sent them back on my own expense would they refund my credit card or sent me a credit note for the amount ... never got a mail back .... i mailed them a few times before that for advise and stuff and alwayg got a mail back in a few hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

.22 Lover wrote: »
    I orded off ehobby on the 14th with slow shipping and im still waiting.its never tacken this long before!!!!:mad:
    It's coming up to Christmas, ask for a tracking number and check both Honk Kong Post and An Post, chances are is that they have stopped international shipping.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It's coming up to Christmas, ask for a tracking number and check both Honk Kong Post and An Post, chances are is that they have stopped international shipping.
    I hope not!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

.22 Lover wrote: »
    I hope not!!!!!

According to a blurb on Rsov.com, they have, and the blurb has been there a week or so.

EDIT: - http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/publications/news/2009/20091109a/index.htm

Looks like its a long wait for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Woo Hoo, replacement Mag finally arrived from e-hobby. it only took a few months and was a faulty again but fixed easily. better late than never. the apology was nice too. happy again. happy xmas all.

PS - curious about their boards ban...but not that curious.

:D:D:DHAPPY XMAS TOO ALL:D:D:D

I've got in touch with Ebaybanned (again) and asked them would they be willing to sort me out with one of the cookie monster jackets.

They owe me dosh from the headset which still aint arrived, so to save hassle perhaps I can get the jacket out of them :)

Sum personal advice advice from me….
    Do not buy from surplusandadventure.com
    Approx. 3 months ago I ordered about 200euro worth of stuff from them, so far have received less than half of it, asked a few times to cancel the rest of the order both over the phone and by e-mail yet to get a refund or get any of the stuff owed nothing but bull**** from them!

A top site I have used since is meanandgreen.com :D very fast and friendly site, they do exactly what they say unlike that other shower of robbing assh***s !

pump - co.wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

http://www.polimil.co.uk/

bought boots from these and were well priced. they were a little slow before christmas but all arrived. seemed good value to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

http://www.polimil.co.uk/

bought boots from these and were well priced. they were a little slow before christmas but all arrived. seemed good value to me.

what was the shipping cost like?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

goz83 wrote: »
    PS - curious about their boards ban...but not that curious.

Well just in case anybody is curious,

Their ban is a result of a lot of money in advertising fees being unpaid to boards.ie

(remember the big banner ads they had?)

Not anything they have done on the Airsoft forum

• Advertisement

Well how interesting.

Asking ebaybanned what the deal is with either my refund or getting me that cookie monster jacket and the response, after nothing for a week is

"No news cordially"

How is that a response to what is essentially them owing me money...that is shocking

Advertisement