Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-08-2006, 19:46   #1
oranje

Friends Reunited

Anybody here ever joined up with one of these websites? An English guy I know made contact with three guys who went to his primary school. For me that is a bit pointless. If you haven't met somebody since primary school is it really worth reactivating the contact?

I can sees a certain point in meeting people from school or college but, again, if people are important to each other surely they stay in contact anyway?

I have heard as well of people meeting up with old flames and having affairs. I am pretty sure that my missus would not be too impressed if I got in touch with my university exes.
Advertisement
09-08-2006, 19:47   #2
Lorax
Banned

I use bebo for that
09-08-2006, 19:50   #3
Ruu_Old
Closed Account

I have used a number of those sites to get in touch with a few friends. Lostschoolfriends.ie is another one I had success with. I feel ashamed when I mention that I found my entire secondary school 6th year class on bebo as well as primary school friends.
09-08-2006, 19:58   #4
Terry

Send a message via MSN to Terry
someone mentioned that lostschoolfriends.ie here a while back. i looked it up and found only one person from my year on it.
i have a bebo account, but only to keep an eye on my cousins' kids and make sure they are not up to mischief. yes, i'm ratting out the teenagers and i feel no shame. i never actually thought to look up any old school friends on it, but then again, i'm in contact with the ones i want to be in contact with.
09-08-2006, 21:11   #5
Heyes

im pretty much the same as the above, however as julep says im in touch with the ones i really want to be in touch with, however i have had a few who have gotten in touch with me through bebo, was good to see there keeping well and to see what there up to.
Advertisement
09-08-2006, 21:35   #6
iFight

My inbox is spammed everyday with people askingme to join all these. Im reluctant to join up. The most recent is Zebo, no thats not a misspelling
10-08-2006, 00:45   #7
the Shades

Ugh... I ran into an ex-classmate from school about 2 months ago and she was threatening a reunion at Christmas. (Which is especially pointless and weird since it wil be 11 years) There's only one guy I keep in touch with and would want to see and I doubt he'll go either so that's something to skip.
10-08-2006, 01:01   #8
stepbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFight
My inbox is spammed everyday with people askingme to join all these. Im reluctant to join up. The most recent is Zebo, no thats not a misspelling
I wonder how long before Bebo sue Zebo for infringement..... As for joining up with people on Bebo... out of all the people I see from secondary school on Bebo I wouldnt add one of them. Load of retardos... All my bebo friends are from college apart from a select few others
10-08-2006, 02:00   #9
Ruu_Old
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFight
I had a bebo account for about a week or two to find some friends from school until they all started the whole forwarding carry-on, that was the end of my bebo account.
Advertisement
10-08-2006, 02:02   #10
Package

Brilliant suggestion, maybe I'll sign up on bebo so.

Last edited by Ruu_Old; 10-08-2006 at 02:14.
10-08-2006, 02:10   #11
RoundyMooney
Closed Account

<edited due to Ruu's lightning fast mod powahs making my comment redundant>

Last edited by RoundyMooney; 10-08-2006 at 02:20.
10-08-2006, 02:15   #12
Black Swan
Category Moderator

It would be interesting to go back and see how people have changed from kids to adults. How many frogs became princes, how a dark bird became a swan...
10-08-2006, 09:39   #13
Hagar
User 7841

...how many are in gaol...
10-08-2006, 11:33   #14
spurious
Category Moderator

We partly used Friends Reunited to organise our 20th school reunion.

It was much better than the 10th - at the 10th, some people were still being a bit pratty and trying to impress - the 20th was much more adult.

Looking forward to our 30th.
10-08-2006, 11:58   #15
oranje

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious
We partly used Friends Reunited to organise our 20th school reunion.

It was much better than the 10th - at the 10th, some people were still being a bit pratty and trying to impress - the 20th was much more adult.

Looking forward to our 30th.
How is it at one of these reunions?

Do people still retain old grudges? There are a couple of guys who hated my guts and I am not sure I would want any stupid comments 20 years after I last saw them.

Are people showing off if they are rich? I imagine that quite a few of my ex-classmates are zillionaires thanks to the property boom.

What's it like to see people again after 20 years?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion