Originally Posted by f®eak s©enery
If you're a crap sleeper, then it could be lack of the following:
● Sunlight (for the melatonin)
Also, make sure your body clock isn't out of whack... try waking up and going to bed at the same time every day. Yes, there might be the temptation to sleep in or stay up late at the weekend, but this will seriously hamper your ability to sleep deeply throughout the week.
Have to say, after knowing and applying this, the quality of my sleep has improved ten-fold.
I am a sleepless creature of the night...
1. Sunlight? Get plenty on the So Cal beaches and have a tan to prove it.
2. Exercise? Am a Black Belt in taekwondo, workout daily, part-time teach, and frequently compete, all very strenuous in terms of exercise.
3. Body clock? Have to go to work more or less about the same time during weekdays.
4. Diet? Eat a balanced diet, drink plenty of fluids, stay away from junk foods, don't eat desserts or other sugary foods (except chocolate once in awhile).
5. Recreational drugs? Don't drink much alcohol, and keep it to a glass if I do, don't do drugs, and don't smoke (pretty boring eh?).
6. My only vice is a couple of cups of java a day on average. Rarely more than 2 and sometimes none.
7. I do have an occasional nightmare, which obviously affects my sleep patterns. Have had counseling way back when about them... Didn't help.