Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-06-2006, 12:08   #1
*marie*

Peter Marks prices

I'm thinking of getting my hair done in Peter Marks, does anyone know the general prices off-hand? I'm talking about getting it coloured...
Advertisement
16-06-2006, 12:11   #2
bluewolf
being awesome

Highlights are around 90 for short hair, that's all I remember
16-06-2006, 12:23   #3
Pythia

I think it differs between each salon.
16-06-2006, 12:46   #4
eth0_

I wouldn't even go to Peter Marks for a trim, they haven't a clue how to cut hair and their colouring is pretty rubbish compared to other salons.
16-06-2006, 12:51   #5
Siogfinsceal

they do discounts on highlights and colors if you go during the week. they charge depending on who does it too. The salon in naas and teh one in grafton street are great but be wary of some of the other branches
Advertisement
16-06-2006, 14:43   #6
Cutie18Ireland

Send a message via MSN to Cutie18Ireland
a cut and all over colour is €60 and just as with any other salon it depends on the stylist...
16-06-2006, 14:49   #7
snickerpuss

I went to the one on grafton street for a full head of highlights and cut and it was €140.
Looks nice and i'm too much of a wuss to try anywhere else now.
16-06-2006, 15:26   #8
fuzzywiggle

Just got half a head of highlights and cut (shoulder length hair) last friday and it was €118
16-06-2006, 15:26   #9
ThrownAway

Send a message via MSN to ThrownAway Send a message via Yahoo to ThrownAway
Quote:
Originally Posted by eth0_
I wouldn't even go to Peter Marks for a trim, they haven't a clue how to cut hair and their colouring is pretty rubbish compared to other salons.
Agreed. A very trashy places with inexperienced staff

Go to a top hair salon that charges high prices at least that way you know you're getting value for your money.
Advertisement
16-06-2006, 17:16   #10
Orlee

I can't stand Peter Marks They're rubbish and I never got what I asked for so I started going to Toni and Guy and they were brill but it was getting a bit expensive so then I started going to the L'Oreal academy. My friends uncle works there and he said that they were really good so I thought I'd at least try it out and I love it now. Im forever there. Cuts are free, your first colour is free and then €20 after that.

Basically they have classes going all the time and when you call they'll tell you what ones are coming up. So basically you make an appointment with them. When you do you'll have to go in for a skin test at least a day before the class just so they know youre not allergic to the dyes. I've had my hair cut and coloured there so many times and never had any complaints. There is always a L'Oreal Technician there to keep an eye on everything and they really know what they're doing - a couple of times they've had Technicians from London, New York and California. The take it really seriously so don't worry - you won't come out hairless or something!

There are different classes depending on what you'd like done - Go for a fashion techniques class if you're looking for something a bit different - like red/pink/blue/bleaching or a mullet?! Or then there's the basic classes where you can just get your hair trimmed/layers or a basic all over colour. I've had my hair every colour under the sun at this stage and they do it really tastefully. They'll give you a full consultation beforehand and really talk through what you would like.

The number is 01 6045900 and it's in the building opposite where the Red Box is - the green line luas stops tight outside.

Anyway - Just thought I'd pass on the info incase anyone might be interested
(2) thanks from:
16-06-2006, 21:05   #11
snickerpuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownAway
Go to a top hair salon that charges high prices at least that way you know you're getting value for your money.
What are the top salons though? I've no idea where these places are.
16-06-2006, 21:42   #12
fuzzywiggle

There's nothing wrong with Peter Mark! You get ''bad'' hairdressers everywhere! A lot of people just don't communicate well enough with them. Everyone's complimenting the cut/style of my hair...*smug face*
16-06-2006, 22:41   #13
Orlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerpuss
What are the top salons though? I've no idea where these places are.
I suppose Toni and Guy/David Marshell/ Joseph Kramer? Cant think of any more

Don't have any experience with Joseph Kramer but Toni and Guy and David Marshells are great. they make you feel like they know what they're doing and I always come out happy.
17-06-2006, 00:00   #14
SexyD4Lady

Send a message via MSN to SexyD4Lady
I got mine done in Peter Mark on Grafton Street, I always go there. It was around about €170 for hull-head highlights and cut.
30-04-2007, 15:15   #15
katy_00

has anyone any views on peter marks in st. stephens green????

I'm going there this w/e. There's a few good stylists there apparently.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion