Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2006, 22:24   #1
strangepaddy

loftus hall

A few days before halloween a few of travelled down to loftus hall near hook head in wexford(for pl who never heard of it the devil was supposed ta have visite there....long story short....he made a big hole in the roof appartently which cant be fixed.)....we didnt go up to it cause its a private place and all plus there was a light on. Anyways the whole point of this post is i just like to know your views on the place? Believe in it? Ever there? cause the place is so weird lookin i cant help but take interest in it!
Advertisement
04-01-2006, 22:29   #2
Nevyn
Closed Account

Loftus Hall has a lot of stories about it and part of it was made into a film.
Hard to say how much of it is credible you would ahve to try research the house.
The current building that can be seen from the locked gate is not the orginal hall, the ruins of it can be just about seen.
04-01-2006, 22:36   #3
strangepaddy

ya ur right the old hall has long been gone! ive read a fair bit about it.
The new buildin is really nice ....it should be done up or something
04-01-2006, 22:52   #4
eljono

Ya, that place is really cool. I stayed in New Ross for a couple of days before and saw Loftus Hall and just thought it was class. I think there's a plaque on the wall near the front gate that says something about the devil there or spirits.... something in that area anyway. I asked a lad from New Ross about it and he said that the devil is meant to have appeared there during a game of cards and that it was once a nightclub.
04-01-2006, 22:54   #5
eljono

http://www.sunnysoutheast.com/Loftus_Hall/
Advertisement
04-01-2006, 23:04   #6
strangepaddy

"here lies the body of Thomas Broaders,
Who did good and prayed for all.
And banished the Devil from Loftus Hall."

Anyone know where exactly this grave is?
05-01-2006, 01:24   #7
Fajitas!

Send a message via Skype™ to Fajitas!
Loftus hall has sent shivers down my spine since I first went there, even posting it now...ugh. What a horrible place. I was terrified of going to Hook Head when I was younger because of how near we got to it, or even seeing the roof of it from Dunmore was horrible.

Just one of those places I guess.
17-01-2006, 23:09   #8
tonym

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangepaddy
"here lies the body of Thomas Broaders,
Who did good and prayed for all.
And banished the Devil from Loftus Hall."

Anyone know where exactly this grave is?

cannon broaders is buried in horetown grave yard

and thats on his headstone
17-01-2006, 23:20   #9
tonym

http://www.creativecopy.com.au/loftus.html

here is some close up pics i found on the net really cool i want to spend the night here guys

the owners name is micheal deveraux
Advertisement
18-01-2006, 09:47   #10
arac

the story sounds a little like that general urban myth.. A similar story cirlcled around the place Im from in Co. Cork..about a dance hall, you know the type of one where the show bands used to play ..supposedly an extremely handsome young man asked a girl to dance there, one night back in the sixties..dancing away the two of them were, when she happened to look down at his feet, yup..two hooves..she screamed and he disappeared..
but loftus hall looks extremely spooky have to say!
18-01-2006, 12:26   #11
misswex

Michael Devereux has long passed away - rip!! He had opened it up as as Hotel and his wife lived there as a recluse since he died.
05-11-2006, 00:46   #12
noel6071

Loftus Hall

I wonder why the lights are left on some nights when their wouldnt be any electricity in the place??? I am very interested in Loftus Hall and would love to get nearer to the place to have a proper look, their is some great pictures on a website that really show it up close, its a sure is a spooky place, i drove up near it one night and the fog was so bad i had to turn back, great place to make a horror film.
07-11-2006, 13:11   #13
upthere
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangepaddy
A few days before halloween a few of travelled down to loftus hall near hook head in wexford(for pl who never heard of it the devil was supposed ta have visite there....long story short....he made a big hole in the roof appartently which cant be fixed.)....we didnt go up to it cause its a private place and all plus there was a light on. Anyways the whole point of this post is i just like to know your views on the place? Believe in it? Ever there? cause the place is so weird lookin i cant help but take interest in it!
It is a good place to visit alrite and my opinion on it is that that whole area is haunted and loftus hall is no exception. I went to the gates of the place on night and could smell sulfur. It was eerie. Could have been anything but there was noone around.
07-11-2006, 13:56   #14
dib

Send a message via MSN to dib
I'd definitely like to visit the area. The photos are great and it looks like a beautiful building. I must see who the current owner is.

D
07-11-2006, 14:07   #15
Dan133269

it's a fascinating place alright but has anyone here ever actually experienced or seen anything out of the ordinary there? I'd love to go there aswell

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion