Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-04-2011, 01:58   #166
crackit

I'd reckon you'll get a fair go at either club Placebo. Phoenix 5s is a new team so they are certainly likely to welcome and give plenty of opportunity to new players. Civil Service 5s are relatively new at 2 or 3 seasons and I'm sure they'll give you a fair crack of the whip too.

I don't play for either side so I can't comment from experience but I do know lads who play from either team. From what I can garner the turnover in Civil Service seems to be really, really high on their lower two teams. Make of that what you will.

That said Phoenix subs are quite a bit higher than Civil Service so if finance is a factor that might come into it. Although at Phoenix they have 3 (I think he said it was 3) coaches who will help you through the year and you get some club paraphernalia so thats what you're paying extra for. At Civil Service there is no coaching.

Best of luck with it anyway and I hope you enjoy taking it back up again. The more welcomed back into the cricketing fold the merrier!

Last edited by crackit; 05-04-2011 at 02:02.
Advertisement
20-04-2011, 19:29   #167
Orion
My karma just ran over your dogma

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3PO View Post
Leinster in rathmines is the closes & Terenure is close. Couldnt comment on their membership fees.
A new member joining Terenure costs €70 (plus 50 for the swipe card - you get to spend this so it's not lost). I'm not sure what the section fee is for the cricket after that - I'm in a different section.

The contact details for the club are here
03-05-2011, 12:15   #168
KEITH_KILDUFF

Mullingar Cricket Club

Well Everybody,

Keith Kilduff here, Mullingars newly appointed 3rds captain this year, first time ever having a 3rds team so hopefully all will go well!

1sts play in Division4 and the 2nds in Division8

Dara Ryan and Irfan Haider are the captains of both teams.

As you may know we now have a new ground, moved from Mount Murray out in Bunbrosna into Mullingar town itself to St. Finians Secondary School, a new fresh mat has been laid and 2 batting cages put up also, so its going well so far!

Just adding ourselves up on this! Take Care and chat to you all soon!

Keith
17-05-2011, 14:33   #169
Plates

Terenure Cricket Club Youth Registration Evening

Wednesday May 25th at 6.30pm
Featuring a Cricket Skills Masterclass with World Cup Hero - Andre Botha

Please contact Bill O'Connor on 086 8685964 or email cricket@live.ie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Youth Registration Poster 160511.pdf (113.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Plates; 17-05-2011 at 15:18.
18-05-2011, 16:37   #170
starringme

Subs

Does anyone know what the subs are for Phoenix, the ladies team if possible? And does Old Belvedere have a ladies?
Advertisement
18-05-2011, 17:46   #171
TrueDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by starringme View Post
Does anyone know what the subs are for Phoenix, the ladies team if possible? And does Old Belvedere have a ladies?
Roughly 100 to 150 euros. Old Belvo doesn't have a ladies team, afaik.
23-05-2011, 11:47   #172
Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plates View Post
Wednesday May 25th at 6.30pm
Featuring a Cricket Skills Masterclass with World Cup Hero - Andre Botha

Please contact Bill O'Connor on 086 8685964 or email cricket@live.ie
Reminder that this is on Wednesday. As well as Andre Botha - former Irish Coach and person responsible for Irelands leap on the world stage in the West Indies in 2007 - Adi Birrell - will also be there.
28-08-2011, 21:21   #173
cabinteelycc

Inviting new members for 2012 season to play cricket at Cabinteely

Hi All,

We are forming a cricket club in Cabinteely this year at the picturesque Cabinteely Park. Cabinteely Cricket Club is funded and endorsed by Dunlaoghaire-Rathdown County Council and is an initiative of Cricket Ireland.

Facilities to be hosted next year in the ground will include artificial wicket, training equipments, club house and toilets.

We are inviting new members to join us and play in Leinster League and Cup matches for 2012 season. Players of any standards are welcome.

We will also be conducting a month long coaching camp for the youngsters of the age group 10 to 17 at Cabinteely in April-May 2012.

Please send us an email enquiry to cabinteely.cricket@gmail.com for more information on membership and coaching camp. Alternatively you can call 086 7363 412.

Please join our facebook page to follow more updates and activities of the club at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabint...24109164303702

Thanks.
Cricket Team,
Cabinteely Cricket Club | Cricket in Peace and Tranquility
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabint...24109164303702
01-09-2011, 20:06   #174
cabinteelycc

Inviting youngsters of the age group 10-25 to attend a cricket coaching camp in Cabinteely Park next year (April-May 2012).

Coaching will be provided by Reinhardt Strydom from Dublin Cricket Academy http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/...er/303341.html .

To register please contact cabinteely.cricket@gmail.com or club@dublinbulls.com

Advertisement
09-02-2012, 23:53   #175
Phoenix1830

Phoenix CC - New Members

How's it going lads and ladies.

Phoenix Cricket Club are looking for new members at all levels for this coming season. Adults and Youth members of all ages and standards are welcome to come along.

Our Adult pre season nets start on February 18th from 10-12 in North County's indoor facility and will run every Saturday (except St Patricks Day) up until March 31st after which nets will be moved outside to the Phoenix Park.

At Adult level we will have five mens league teams, one ladies team and one Taverners team.

At Youth level we will have under 9's, under 11's, under 13's, under 15's and under 17's as well as a brand new under 11's Girls team.

We have a full time head coach this year who will be putting in 35 hours of coaching a week at the club as well assessing players on the field performance at the weekend. We will also have other coaches for all the various grades and ages to help aid player development.

The club will also have a full social calendar with 8 major club events planned spanning from the end of April until the end of September.

This year there will be a special deal on new members joining fee with the subscription for the season for a new Adult members being only €200.

If anyone has any further inquiries then feel free to PM me on here.

Cheers

http://phoenixcricketclub.com/
02-03-2012, 16:45   #176
Cork County Cricket Club

Want to play cricket in Cork?

Whether you're new to Cork or a verified Corkonian with an interest in playing cricket then why not get in touch! Players of all abilities are welcome at Cork County Cricket Club! For further information on playing and becoming a member please contact us on 021-4272569 or at corkcountycc@gmail.com.

Last edited by TrueDub; 05-03-2012 at 20:41. Reason: Image removed at user's request
05-03-2012, 18:56   #177
Bobo148

Presume you got Kevin's permission to use his image?
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 18:57   #178
kensutz

Send a message via Skype™ to kensutz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo148 View Post
Presume you got Kevin's permission to use his image?
Not so much Kevin, but the photographers.
31-03-2012, 21:14   #179
Plates

Cricket in Terenure

Nets finally moving outdoors from next week.

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6.30pm - all welcome - we have teams at a variety of levels to suit all abilities.

Contact cricket@live.ie if you'd like to get involved.
04-04-2012, 15:07   #180
Monkeybonkers

Just paid my membership fees for the year for Leinster CC in Rathmines. Oh Yeah!! Bring it on...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion