Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-11-2005, 15:23   #1
masteroftherealm

Send a message via ICQ to masteroftherealm Send a message via AIM to masteroftherealm Send a message via MSN to masteroftherealm Send a message via Yahoo to masteroftherealm Send a message via Skype™ to masteroftherealm
Airbrush In Ireland

Hey anyone know of a good place to get airbushes and gear in reland preferably in dublin?
Advertisement
23-11-2005, 15:54   #2
T-Maxx

Yeah, I'd like to know as well - been watching this thread full of expectations but nothing so far...

I'm thinking about getting a couple of clear truck bodies in one go (saving on p&p) and painting them myself. I've been looking around for equipment (i.e. compressor, brush and paint) but it's hard to come by - seen 1 or 2 compressors and a couple of Paasche brushes, but no paint yet. Also paint can't be shipped from abroad. Any help would be appreciated.
24-11-2005, 01:01   #3
mugenextreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Maxx

I'm thinking about getting a couple of clear truck bodies in one go (saving on p&p) and painting them myself. I've been looking around for equipment (i.e. compressor, brush and paint) but it's hard to come by - seen 1 or 2 compressors and a couple of Paasche brushes, but no paint yet. Also paint can't be shipped from abroad. Any help would be appreciated.
The hobby shop in lexlip used to do a airbrush dont know how good it was but they may still have the paint. www.rcboyz.com This is a shop in the states i have gotten my paint and airbrush from. I got a paasche vl set, i am no expert with it and am still learning to mix the paints right. I have been mostly using faskolor paints but after recently using some two tint spax paint to give a purple and green flip i think i will try some of it out as it seems to work better, its a lot more thined out straight from the bottle and doesnt block the brush. My Advice is if you order get a good mix of colours and stock up on black or white if you use them as backing colours you dont find them lasting to long so get a second bottle. It rattle cans they dont ship airbrush paint is not in a compressed contain just liquid in a bottle.also good for masking get liquid mask, give a few coats and leave to dry ,it forms a protective layer over the shell no need to use masking tape.

As for a compressor i got one in argos for 89 or 99, u can get one in mcquillians on capel st or the like for about the same , just make sure what ever u get has variable pressure as some paints need higher or lower pressures to be sprayed at and also be careful as i believe some compressors can spray i think its water from traped moisture or oil u need some kinda fluid trap on the output air hose check with the shop before just in case.
If i had the room i would have gotten a medium size compressor as the tank i have is small and the motor needs to kick in a lot to refill scares the living **** out of me not good when you are in mid spray so think about that when u are buying, small one is grand to start out with though keep cost down.

I have a great walk through of a spray painting job downloaded on word if anyone wants it pm me or if some knows how i can get it hosted and a link on this thread that would be good. cant remember the website at all now.

And remember this way of painting is slow and u need to think ahead plan everything but the results can and are amazing.
24-11-2005, 01:04   #4
masteroftherealm

Send a message via ICQ to masteroftherealm Send a message via AIM to masteroftherealm Send a message via MSN to masteroftherealm Send a message via Yahoo to masteroftherealm Send a message via Skype™ to masteroftherealm
how much did the lot come to can u remember? roughly.
24-11-2005, 01:43   #5
mugenextreme

i cant remember exactly the brush was around 55-60dollars the paints are going for 3-5 dollars i got maybe 10 different colours and masking fliud was around 10dollars. average cost of paint 4 dollars thats 40 +60+10 got 110dollars with probably 25-30dollars shipping so thats 140 and about 30 in duty and vat, so about 150-160 euro intotal for brush paints and mask fluid, of course 90 for the compressor so 250 in total ish, give or take a few.

you should look around get some of the brands and model numbers and check the net or ebay u may find a few deals going closer to home.

Last edited by mugenextreme; 24-11-2005 at 01:45.
Advertisement
24-11-2005, 01:48   #6
TempestSabre

I've an old devilbiss around somewhere I never used, spare needle. I also have a biggish compress with a moisture trap. How much are these things work, or after a few years lying ideal is a airbrush still worth anything?
24-11-2005, 02:32   #7
masteroftherealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestSabre
I've an old devilbiss around somewhere I never used, spare needle. I also have a biggish compress with a moisture trap. How much are these things work, or after a few years lying ideal is a airbrush still worth anything?
Id be interested if it was still working ok.
24-11-2005, 04:59   #8
Manic Moran

I seem to recall picking up parts for my Aztek at the art store on Harcourt St. (Dublin)

NTM
24-11-2005, 22:31   #9
vectra
"Quick Silver"

Send a message via Skype™ to vectra
Companies will post Paint to you from the UK.
Advertisement
25-11-2005, 09:44   #10
T-Maxx

With regards to the airbrush itself - are there any important points to look out for / things to avoid? I've seen different makes and models ranging between US$30 and US$200.
25-11-2005, 12:42   #11
vectra
"Quick Silver"

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Maxx
With regards to the airbrush itself - are there any important points to look out for / things to avoid? I've seen different makes and models ranging between US$30 and US$200.
I think basically once you have "Dual Action" it is one of the more important details covered.. also once you can get replacement parts for it.
26-11-2005, 17:31   #12
mugenextreme

dual action is important and as vectra said so long as u can get parts if you need them. i have my one now for 2 years and have not needed anything. just treat it easy and remember to alway clean it out well after using.
26-11-2005, 20:38   #13
vectra
"Quick Silver"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenextreme
always clean it out well after using.

VITAL ...!!!
30-11-2005, 15:49   #14
billyblanks

Hi all,

I have a full stock of airbrushs, paints, compressors, and spares if you want any info just pm me.

Cheers.
08-07-2007, 11:07   #15
tonymcgrath

airbrushes

hi tony here i have 4 aztex airbrushes for sale new never used will give a training session if u choose ti buy if u need any info on airbrushing let me know tony

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion