Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-03-2004, 08:56   #16
BuffyBot
Administrator

Oh sweet lord, we're not having this debate again
Advertisement
24-03-2004, 09:00   #17
Mr E
Administrator

I am a smoker
I am not smoker
I'm an ex smoker
None of the above

What the hell does "None of the above" apply to?

Nice domain name, though.

(She hasn't a hope of getting 50,000 signatures this late in the game. Even if she does, the government isn't going to back down. Roll on next Monday!)
24-03-2004, 09:41   #18
Trojan
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Trojan
Smokers should be shot.
24-03-2004, 09:45   #19
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Quote:
Originally posted by TmB
What the hell does "None of the above" apply to?
All of those in denial.
24-03-2004, 09:54   #20
ferdi

i see smoking cigarettes as a pointless activity but i support peoples right to smoke as long as it dosnt fvck with me.
Advertisement
24-03-2004, 10:14   #21
ixoy

Send a message via MSN to ixoy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
The fact is, if that website is correct and 42% of Irish people are smokers and 65% of nightclub go-ers are smokers then I seriously doubt it that this is what the majority of the Irish people want.
From my experience of nightclubs, that's utter sh1te. I imagine that either the figures are blatant lies or just misleading - it's probable that 65% of nightclub go-ers have smoked, or would smoke on occasion in a nightclub, rather than are bona fide smokers. Either way, polls all point to a support for the ban and that includes any smoking friend that I've spoken to....

As to that website - I find the actual name as offensive of the content. I can just hear the mangled use of English in my head. Who designed it - Deco?
24-03-2004, 10:44   #22
rymus

Quote:
Originally posted by ixoy
and that includes any smoking friend that I've spoken to....
Here here. The general way of thinking about the ban among smokers I know is that it'll give them some incentive to give up.
24-03-2004, 10:55   #23
Ste.phen

Report the junk mail to their ISP and hosting company, maybe they'll think twice about spamming me again?
24-03-2004, 11:01   #24
kiffer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
The fact is, if that website is correct and 42% of Irish people are smokers and 65% of nightclub go-ers are smokers then I seriously doubt it that this is what the majority of the Irish people want.
um it could just a easly be showing that some people who dont smoke are'nt going to night clubs because of the smoke...
and as non smokers are in the majority the night club would make more money with more nonsmokers.
Advertisement
24-03-2004, 11:23   #25
Ste.phen

I agree with some of that;
i know that as a non smoker i avoid going out to pubs/clubs in favor of house parties because the smell is never nearly as bad and I dont usually have to worry about choking my guts up (i'm athsmatic, by the way).

But the other point, that non smokers have more money to spend in pubs, is a little off i think.
Surely people who are both non smokers and serious enough to not drink in pubs often becasue of it would also be drink more moderately?

(ppst. dont tell teh VFI, they'll implement a 20% price rise across the board to make up for that)
24-03-2004, 11:44   #26
Humphrey

Well done Ivan I agree with your comments 100% and that is why I am against the ban even though I am a non smoker and frequent smokey pubs regularly.

On the point of ventilation I can notice a hugh difference in pubs with good and bad systems in place (or non at all).

What will this government TELL us we cant do next, eat Fast Food, drink over 6 pints per night......

Humphrey.
24-03-2004, 11:44   #27
netman

Lads... let's have a look at the bigger picture...

I mean, what about all those heroin addicts and their rights?

Personally, I'd prefer to see them shooting up and getting their buzz in a pub, at least they're not doing me any harm.

And all the poor cocaine addicts? I mean their most basic human rights are being affected! They can't even snort up on the bar, or the workplace, or the bus.. well, actually they'll probably get away with it on the bus..

I think the nicotine/tar addicts should stop discriminating other groups, they've enjoyed special treatment for years, and it's about time they get treated equally!
24-03-2004, 11:49   #28
Stephen
louis walsh has pie!

wreckin me buzz, schwee.

what a sap.

Its a pity there's no "i think you're a gob****e and don't want to support your poxy petition" option there.
24-03-2004, 12:01   #29
flogen

Quote:
Its a pity there's no "i think you're a gob****e and don't want to support your poxy petition" option there.
harrumph to that one

Flogen
24-03-2004, 12:06   #30
Humphrey

Stephen if you don't want to support this guys petition don't sign it thats your choice.

There is no need to slag this guy for trying to stop something he believes in.

Humphrey

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion