Give Leaving Cert Grinds? Pimp your warez here! [READ FIRST POST: updated 17.09.2010] - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-01-2014, 13:48   #16
ahahah
Closed Account

GRINDS SPANISH FRENCH

Hi there

Spanish and French grinds all levels! Bray area but will travel to Dublin. Reasonable rates apply. Discount for small groups. Dont delay pm me and improve your grades!
Advertisement
09-01-2014, 18:02   #17
NnaYllek

I'm a first year arts student in UCD, currently studying English, history and Irish Studies (Basically Irish history so far, moving into cultural aspects next semester)
I'm giving Junior Cert English and history grinds at all levels.
I can offer leaving cert grinds however I would need to know what you in particular are studying with your class etc. as I may not be have read/studied the material you're covering with your teacher.
I am also offering business grinds at Leaving Cert level only (And only business, not accounting or economics!) I've done electives in business in college and throughout my Leaving Cert I never achieved less then a B grade in the subject.
I know there's a lot of qualified teachers and much more experienced people here advertising but seeing as it was only last year that I did the leaving, I remember what school is like very well!
Favourable rates also!
I'm offering grinds in Swords and surrounding villages (Oldtown, Rolestown etc etc.) and I will only give grinds in peoples houses!
Please email: kelly.daly@ucdconnect.ie for more information. Chances are I will not see if PM here!
Best of luck everyone
12-01-2014, 21:06   #18
deluded_matt

I'm giving Leaving and Junior cert English and History in-house grinds in the Dublin. I achieved an A1 in English and an B1 in History (which I also study in University).
I can provide references from one student who I am currently giving grinds to.

Why choose me over other grinds teachers?
I'm a student and I just completed the Leaving cert so I am well aware of what is required and the stresses associated with exams, furthermore I have a first hand experience of the majority of the course.
I not only will provide student-tailored tutorials, I also will give any relevant subject material.
I will charge a competitive rate (depending on travel) - contact for further details.

PM if interested.
13-01-2014, 14:31   #19
first tutor grinds

Maths Accounting Economics French!

My name is Simon, and I'm a first year student of Business and Law in UCD. Having just finished the leaving cert myself, and receiving 565 points, I know oh too well the hardships of sixth year and of exam pressures. I commenced giving official grinds for leaving cert maths at the start of the 2013 academic year and aim to expand on this with other subjects in which I also did well.

In Higher Maths I received an A1, and then built upon this with the module "Maths for Business"
In Higher Economics I got an A2, and will only improve as my degree involves a high level of both micro and macro economics.
In Higher Accounting I also got an A2, after also getting an A2 in the mocks this was a bit disappointing albeit.
In Higher French I received an A1 and the Award for French from my secondary school, although I was not fluent I maintained a high standard and proficiency.
In Applied Maths I received an A2 and will be available to assist with the following topics: Linear Motion, Relative Velocity, Projectiles, Connected Particles, Collisions, Hydrostatics, and Differential Equations
Tutoring Experience:

My teaching experience is relatively minor, limited maths grinds for 2 leaving cert students in 5th and 6th year since the start of this year. However both students have expressed satisfaction and are available as referees.

I am an active member of the student legal service in UCD, a free legal service given by students to students on matters usually concerning tenant law or commercial disputes. Although not exactly teaching, the SLS provides training to aid the explanation of complex legal matters in a clear, concise, and non-condescending manner. A skill which transfers well to giving grinds.
Approach to Grinds:

As a student myself, I utilise an approachable and friendly method of 1 to 1 grinds. Having analysed past papers and pasterns of questions I also try to give an understanding of the paper itself and what parts of the courses and of chapters are of crucial importance, whether you want your pass, or your A.

All rates are affordable and negotiable depending on ease of access and intensity of the grinds.

Available to work in South Dublin City, preferably near UCD on weekdays, with a flexible time table, and in Waterford City on most weekends.

Email: smcp95@gmail.com
Phone: 085 175 9727
13-01-2014, 19:34   #20
Kehoejck

Subject(s): Business, Accounting.
Grinds in Students Home? Yes
Contact Name: John Kehoe BA, MBS,
Email: kehoejck@yahoo.co.uk
Phone: 087 7553894

Background
I completed the BA (Hons) in Accounting in WIT in 2012 having achieved a First Class Honours Degree. Following this, I also completed a Masters in Accounting in WIT for which I also attained a First Class Honours Degree. I am currently working as a trainee Chartered Accountant with a leading professional services firm.

For a full outline of my academic credentials please see my linkedin page below:

http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/john-kehoe/37/25a/911

I have over four years of grinds experience to date.

Reasonable rates apply and discounts for groups also available.

Last edited by Kehoejck; 13-01-2014 at 19:38.
Advertisement
15-01-2014, 04:07   #21
Emz13

Grinds in county clare

Subject(s): Music, Irish & Religion (All levels & All years)
Email: claregrinds@gmail.com
Rate: €18 per hour (one to one)

Fully qualified secondary school teacher
Registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland
Garda Vetted

BA,Hdip, PDE

Feel free to email for more info!

Last edited by Emz13; 15-01-2014 at 04:10.
17-01-2014, 13:12   #22
maedhbh_mac

Geography and History

Subject(s): LC Geography and History, both higher and ordinary levels.
Grinds in Students Home? Yes - also happy to work in libraries.
Contact Name: Maedhbh Nic Lochlainn
Email: mml94@yahoo.com
Rate: 20euro for 1.5 hours.

TCD 2nd year student of History and Geography. I sat my leaving cert in 2012 and achieved A1's in both subjects and gave grinds in both subjects last year. Grinds last 1.5 hours - from experience, the extra half hour makes a big difference. Notes are provided, as well as extensive exam prep and research topic/field work project advice.
18-01-2014, 14:42   #23
grinds_100

Leaving Cert and Junior Cert Grinds in Galway

I am offering Leaving Cert grinds in Chemistry, Applied Maths, Geography and Biology, and Junior Cert Grinds in Maths, Science, and French.
All levels are catered for.
I am available weekday evenings and weekends. Grinds given in students home, will travel anywhere within 30 minutes of Galway city.
Rate: €25/hr or group rates available.

I am currently a third year Science student at NUIG studying Chemistry and Biochemistry. I have also taken Maths, Physics, French and Biology modules in my first and second years. I received 6 A1's in the Leaving Cert in 2011 and I know what the examiners are looking for. I have experience giving grinds.

Contact Name: Lucy Moran
Contact by PM or email at: l.moran15@nuigalway.ie
19-01-2014, 18:14   #24
NCunningham

Mayo biology grinds

Biology Grinds
Leaving certificate Biology grinds available for both Honours and Ordinary Level students.

Experience: Studied Science in NUIG and completed honours degree in Human Biology in NUIG, I have a thorough knowledge and understanding in the area.
Available evenings and weekends,

Notes & Study tips also provided.

Area; Mayo
Contact details; 0877954223
Advertisement
20-01-2014, 21:47   #25
x_Rachel_x

Hi everyone!

Looking for grinds from a reliable teacher? Want grinds in the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the country? I'm offering you grinds with a difference....over Skype at an extremely reasonable rate!

Want grinds at a time that suits you? Fit your grind easily into your study schedule. Lesson plans and notes are tailored to your own needs and level. Notes are of a high standard. I thoroughly enjoy teaching and hope to make our lessons an enjoyable, beneficial experience for you the student because after all, the classes are for your benefit!

Subjects: Irish, French, French oral ( Biology too if wanted )
Grinds in students home? Yes, via online.
Contact name: Rachel
Email: x_rachel_marie_x@yahoo.com

Message me for more info and for rates ( very reasonable! )

Looking forward to hearing from you, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions! I'd be more than happy to answer!

Last edited by x_Rachel_x; 22-01-2014 at 14:58.
20-01-2014, 21:52   #26
JudyD

Grinds in County Clare

Subjects: Accounting, Economics, History and French for Secondary School Students.
Grinds in Students Home? No
Contact Name: Judith
Email: judith@burrenforts.ie

University Graduate in History and French with Level 8 Qualification in Business Studies (including Accounting & Economics)

All Levels and Years catered for. Step by Step Explanations with a strong exam focus for Junior and Leaving Certificate students.

I have lived and worked in France so if you want assistance preparing for your French Oral Exam then look no further.

Discount for groups.

Please feel free to email me if you require any additional information or to set up your first lesson!

Last edited by JudyD; 20-01-2014 at 21:52. Reason: remove signature
23-01-2014, 23:49   #27
SteClar

History Grinds - Leaving & Junior Cert LEvel

Subject(s): History
Contact Name: Stephen
Email: stephen.clarke93@hotmail.com

Available from a current second year Single Honours History student at NUI Maynooth.

Maintained an A1 average throughout secondary school and achieved the same result in the Leaving Cert itself.

Available for students in Maynooth and will happily travel for surrounding commuter towns (Leixlip, Celbridge, Rail line towns such as Kilcock, Enfield, Clonsilla, Ashtown etc).

Available Monday through Sunday.

One on One or Group grinds welcomed.

A1 sample essays included in grinds as standard.

Mock exam situations available throughout year.

WILL ASSIST CURRENT 5TH/6TH YEAR STUDENTS WITH RESEARCH PROJECT:

-Developing Essay Idea

-Proofreading Projects

-Help sourcing material

Easter Revision Day courses available for those interested, bookings available as of now, limited spaces.

-One to Two Hour Blocks available per student per week.
25-01-2014, 16:45   #28
BlueIsland

R

Subject: English
Level: Junior and Leaving Cert
Area: Clane and surrounding areas

I am a fully qualified, working teacher of 10 years with a proven track record of excellent results. I received a 1:1 in my degree and a 1:1 in my Hdip education.

I will be available for corrections all the way up to your exams, outside of grinds.
I will provide Personalised essays and notes for all sections of the course.

Cost
35 euro for 1 hour and 15 minutes
4 grinds - 130 euro
10 grinds- 300 euro

All you have to do is call (086) 4541460 or email dunnerbhoy@gmail.com.

Also, February higher level leaving cert English mid term course

Venue: Allenwood, Co. Kildare
Feb 18th to 20th
10am to 4pm each day
15 hours of tuition broken into 12 1 hour 15 minute slots.
Covers every section of the course
Only 5 places available
Cost : only 170 euro
Basically 12 grinds @ 14 euro approx a grind.

Call (086) 4541460 or email dunnerbhoy@gmail.com to secure one of the five spots.
26-01-2014, 22:16   #29
Sean Sperrin

Leaving Cert/Junior Cert Grinds.

Subject(s):Irish and spanish

Contact Name: Sean Sperrin

Email: john.sperrin@ucdconnect.ie

Experience in tutoring last year, currently in second year at UCD studying these subjects and achieved As at Leaving Cert level.

20 euro per hour, flexible times.

Thanks,
27-01-2014, 23:25   #30
fisgon

New website for LC students of Spanish.

http://spanishgrindsonline.blogspot.ie/

Website is free, and will have more content in the next few weeks. At the moment the emphasis is on the oral exam.

Grinds by Skype also available, email spanishgrindsonline@gmail.com

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion