Give Leaving Cert Grinds? Pimp your warez here! [READ FIRST POST: updated 17.09.2010] - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-09-2014, 00:36   #16
Comme Les Autres.

French and Spanish Grinds!

Hello! I am offering French and Spanish grinds to Leaving Cert. students in the Dublin area. I received A1s in both these subjects in the L.C. 2014, have spent many summers in France, and captained our Spanish debating team to the semi-final. I am very familiar with the courses of both subjects and know where the marks can be picked up - learn your role plays! - and where they can be lost unless care is taken. I am happy to travel to students' homes and my rates are €10 for a forty minute conversation class or €20 for one hour of grammar etc. Contact name is Eimear and my e-mail address is eimearniriain @ hotmail . com
Advertisement
09-09-2014, 20:32   #17
C_S_OBrien

French and Spanish

Subjects: French, Spanish for Junior Cert, Leaving Cert, Adults, 1st year college etc.
Can give grinds in students home or my home
Contact name: Caitríona O' Brien
Email: csfob(at)hotmail(dot)com
Phone: 087 772 8039

I am in 4th year of French and Spanish in Trinity College. I have experience giving grinds and have references from past students available on request. I got an A in both subjects (HL) in the Junior and Leaving Cert. I got 10 A's and 2 B's (all at higher level) in the Junior Cert and 535 points in the Leaving Cert (2011) so I have worked out smart ways to approach study and exam preparation that I am willing to pass on to students.

I spent 13 months in Spain on an Erasmus year and spent last summer working in France, this summer working as a language tour guide in Guinness Storehouse. I have lots of experience working with children and teenagers (Garda vetted) and I am happy to work with students one-to-one or in a group setting. I am patient and have lots of experience teaching and learning in different ways (I have taught English abroad, run Irish language youth clubs and have been involved in debating in French and Spanish).

Rate: 25 euro an hour
10-09-2014, 00:37   #18
booblefoop

Subject(s): French
Grinds in Students Home? Yes
Contact Name: Mike
Phone: 0871223766

I'm going into First Year of Law and French in Trinity College, Dublin. I received A1s in French and Spanish, and 570 points overall in my Leaving Certificate this past summer. I have a good grounding in both the French language and the study and exam techniques required for success in the Leaving Cert exams.

Rate: €20/hr
10-09-2014, 15:04   #19
Reggie89

LC Maths/Applied Maths/Physics grinds

Subject(s): Maths, Applied Maths, Physics (all at higher or Ordinary level)
Grinds in Students homes? Yes
Contact Name: Conor
Phone: 0879736397

Hi, I have a BSc in Applied Physics from DCU and currently work as an engineer at Intel.
I have an excellent grounding in the aforementioned subjects and I can give good study and exam techniques. The first session is free in order to discuss what you wish to achieve and to see my teaching style. Sessions are €35/hour thereafter with group deals available.
I have given grinds at LC and college level before. Students have been more than happy with my approach and with their results.
10-09-2014, 17:13   #20
AoifeMoore14

Subjects: Accounting and Business
Grinds in students homes:Yes
Rate: €35 per hour. Group rates also available.
Contact Name: Aoife Moore
Contact Number: 0860853312

Qualified Accounting and Business secondary school teacher, also with primary degree in Accounting. Tutor sessions will be focused on exam papers with students being brought through the fundamentals of each topic with structured notes and sample questions. I am also flexible and available to students outside tutor sessions by phone or email.
Advertisement
11-09-2014, 18:42   #21
Mico96

Subject(s):Physics and Chemistry
Contact Name:Michael Connolly
Rate:€20p/h
1st year theoretical physics student in TCD. Achieved A1s in both chemistry and physics. Available to do group sessions also. Recently completed the leaving so I am fully aware of what it takes to succeed and the pressures students face. PM me if interested.
13-09-2014, 23:07   #22
AnBheanRua

Gaeilge

Subject(s): Gaeilge
Contact Name: Helen
Phone: 0876262388
Price: €25 single, €20 ea for groups.

Native Irish speaker from Galway Gaeltacht. Can give grinds at all levels specializing in preparation for the Oral exam. Third year Bachelor of education student.
14-09-2014, 19:19   #23
Ash2000

Subjects: LC & JC Project Maths, Physics, Biology, Higher Level English

Contact name: Aisling

Phone number: 085 2820 156

Price: €25 per hour

Second year Engineering student in UL. Received A's in all the above subjects at leaving cert level. Experienced with tutoring project maths.
14-09-2014, 21:06   #24
Eithne_m

Subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Agricultural Science.

Grinds in Students Home? Yes, and tutor's home.

Contact Name: Eithne

Phone number: 087 945 8599 (no private numbers)

Rate: €30/hr or €40/90minutes. Groups accepted.

Experienced tutor, I have provided LC and third level grinds for many years. Detailed notes provided. I can assist with revision, understanding key concepts and focused exam preparation.
Honours Degree in Veterinary Medicine and Master's in Toxicology.
Advertisement
15-09-2014, 00:45   #25
ipbal

Subjects: French and German, LC and JC

Contact Name: Ipek Balcik

Contact Number: 085 151 7364

Rate: 20€/90 minutes

I am in my third year of studying French and German at Trinity. I received all As in my Junior Cert and A1s in both French and German in the LC (top result in the whole country for German). I have lots of study techniques and good notes/vocabulary lists to share!
16-09-2014, 14:25   #26
EvSenn

Subjects: Mathematics; Applied Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry.
Grinds in student's home? Yes, depending on location of student's home.
Contact name: Evin Keane
Email address: evinkeane[at]gmail[dot]com
Contact number: 087 6942920
Rate: €25 per hour; €40 for two consecutive hours.

1st class honours graduate of Mechanical Engineering in NUIG. Scored 590 points in Leaving Certificate in Coláiste Iognáid. A1's in: Mathematics; Applied Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry; Technical Drawing. Worked in Robotics engineering in the US for two years since graduation.

I teach an understanding/problem-solving-based approach to learning, which yields stronger exam results than rote past-paper answer memorisation. In addition to teaching materials strictly for the above courses, I provide information on effective memorisation and learning techniques based on cutting-edge research in neuroscience and psychology.

Please contact me by email for further information.
17-09-2014, 11:09   #27
Baile an Locha

Gaeilge (Honours & Ordinary) Dublin City

Subjects: Gaeilge (Higher level & Ordinary level)

Location: Dublin City (Based in Drumcondra, but willing to travel to students' home)

Contact Name: John

Contact Number: 087-6428404

Contact email: johnoliodain@gmail.com

Rate: 50€/ per hour

Native Irish speaker with experience of working as a University Irish Lecturer with an honours degree in Irish. 5 years experience of giving grinds to students of all levels with excellent results, particularly in Oral examinations (References on request)
18-09-2014, 10:45   #28
Mandy_Lou

Maths and Statistics Grinds

Leaving Cert: Maths
Junior Cert: Maths
Third Level: Maths and Statistics

Grinds in Students Home? No
Contact Name: Amanda
Phone: 0857354612

4+ years experience as private tutor. 2 years experience as Statistician
25-09-2014, 17:13   #29
meganlilydoyle

History and French Grinds

Subject(s): History, French and English
Price: €20 p/h
Contact Name: Megan Doyle
Phone: 087 312 9890

I graduated UCD with a BA in History and French. I also have an MA in History from UCD.

I also studied various English modules at university and got an A in the Leaving Certificate.

I tutor both Junior and Leaving Certificate students and in higher and lower level.

I tailor my sessions around the individual to ensure the focus is on the specific students' needs.

Please, feel free to contact me if you have more questions.
28-09-2014, 12:03   #30
EddardsHead

Leaving Cert Subjects: Maths, Applied Maths, Chemistry and Physics
Junior Cert Subjects: Maths
Price: €20/hour for Junior Cert grinds.
€25/hour for Leaving Cert grinds
Contact name: Conor
Email: Conor313@ gmail.com
Contact number: 087-7435337

-One to one grinds available from a Trinity College Theoretical Physics student.
-615 points in Leaving Cert. 2014
-Received A1s in Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry and French. A2 in Accounting.
-Very experienced with Project Maths (enjoy problem solving)
-Grinds cover exam questions, time management tips and helpful study skills.

I will help you reach your potential!

If you are interested or would like to know any more information, please feel free to email:
Conor313@ gmail.com

Last edited by EddardsHead; 29-09-2014 at 21:55.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion