Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

06-10-2003, 14:17   #46
swiss

Send a message via AIM to swiss
10) best games, I suppose are the ones that owned my life for any length of time.

Thinking back, some of those titles would be....

10) Spy Vs Spy (Amstrad 64k) - This is the one Amstrad title I really remember. The deviousness of the traps and the perfect balance of both spies when pitted against each other made this a classic title.

9) Super Hydlide (Mega Drive) - I don't know if anyone else remembers this ancient RPG, but I spent ages playing it. Unfortunately there was a problem with the save option in the MD, so I ended up starting from scratch every time I reset the machine *sigh*

8) Micro Machines (Mega Drive) - Multiplayer, this game is still better than many of the latest titles being churned out today. I'm not usually a fan of racing games, but this is the exception that proves the rule.

7) Flashback (Mega Drive) - An original and utterly riveting plot, coupled with excellent graphics (for it's time) and an eerie and involving atmosphere made this game stand out. Pity it's sequel was pants.

6) Resident Evil series (Playstation) - I played the first Resident Evil when I was 15. Although time has dulled the utter sense of eeriness and (yes I admit it) and fear this game provoked, the puzzles were original and the atmosphere has rarely been replicated in any other game (except maybe Silent Hill). Death could literally lurk around the next corner.

5) Tomb Raider series (Playstation) - Tomb Raider 1 was among the first PS titles I played, and call it nostalgia but I think it outclasses some of it's successors. Complete freedom of movement plus the heroines athletic prowess, coupled with some damn fine CGI (again for it's time) made this another classic.

4) Deus Ex (PC) - An excellent combination of the best features from an RPG and an FPS. The character interaction and skill tree still puts many of it's peers to shame.

3) Command and Conquer - RA & RA2 (Playstation & PC) - The RA series is responsible for my love of strategy games. Of all the people I have played, only SearrarD can consistently beat me on a 1v1 battle (and even then it's close ).

2) CS - HL (PC) - The FPS I play time and time and time and time again. Despite the childishness of some of my CS playing brethren, this game sucks up all my free time and then some. More proof that a simple concept, combined with scope for multiple tactics, is a winning combination.

1) Final Fantasy VII (Playstation) - What can I say. This game is a masterpiece. The story is nothing short of epic, and the range of monsters, spells and items puts nearly every other game I've played to shame. The battle system is intuitive, and there is a real sense of progress during the entire game. Nobody ever really "finishes" this game. Pure class.
Advertisement
06-10-2003, 14:21   #47
The Brigadier
Closed Account

Gotta be Deus Ex...

Best game ever, the only game I have gone back to and played through 4 times from start to finish.....

In fact I may well play through it again this weekend..
06-10-2003, 14:45   #48
GiMiC

Send a message via MSN to GiMiC Send a message via Yahoo to GiMiC
In no particular order:

Hal-life
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Thief 2
Deus Ex
Tomb Raider 2
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
21-06-2011, 23:04   #49
wampyrus77