Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 to drink("eat") Alcoholic chocolates in Ireland?

• 14-11-2014 6:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Was just in Dealz when I noticed these chocolate liqueurs.
    I was amazed when ti said you have to be over 16 to buy them?

Is there specific legislation in this country that says peoples can't drink alcohol until they're 18 but ti's ok to eat alcoholics sweets at 16?

yRXIdwil.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

I like the baileys ones yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Callum Low Arrowhead

I always felt bad throwing all those empty chocolate bottles away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I gave all the trick or treaters alcoholic sweets!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I can't stand those, uck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Callum Low Arrowhead

The law states
    Sale of liqueur chocolates. (1) Nothing in this Act (other than this section) or in any enactment requiring an excise licence for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor shall have effect in relation to intoxicating liquor that is in confectionery if the confectionery-- (a) does not contain intoxicating liquor in a proportion greater than 200 millilitres of alcohol (of a strength not exceeding 57 per cent) per kilogram of the confectionery, and (b) either consists of separate pieces each of which weighs not more than 50 grammes or is designed to be broken into such pieces for the purposes of consumption. (2) Intoxicating liquor in confectionery shall not be sold to a person who is under the age of sixteen years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

If you don't like the cherry brandy ones - I love them :)

Advertisement