Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

• 13-05-2012 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher

Enter your eircom account number as the voucher code. 18 month contract.

EDIT 14052012 @ 10:50
    Plan: Select Unlimited
    Cost per month: €34.50
    SIM Only? : No, you can get a subsidised phone
    Contract Length: 18 months
    Tarriff Duration: For minimum contract (18 months) and as long as you stay on the same plan thereafter
    Offer ends: 30th June 2012
    Open to Existing emobile customers?: No
    Use online, in store or call 1800245729

Phone Costs
    iPhone 4S 16GB, 32GB, 64GB - 199, 299, 399
    Samsung Galaxy S2, Nexus - Free 139
    HTC One S/V Free
    HTC One X 89

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

How much is it? :S

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If it's the same deal as the friends & family deal they offered to staff last year, it's 35 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

can't get it to work with my eircom account number!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is it a sim only deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭lau1247

is there a special t&c??

the closest i can find is select unlimited package so i assume it is this?

it is strange, the main page that introduce select unlimited says unlimited data yet when you go into detail, it says 15Gb.. that's very misleading :(

over 15Gb you will get hit with a lot of additional charges.. which is not that hard to do watching youtube viideo or streaming movies

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

lau1247 wrote: »
    is there a special t&c??

the closest i can find is select unlimited package so i assume it is this?

it is strange, the main page that introduce select unlimited says unlimited data yet when you go into detail, it says 15Gb.. that's very misleading :(

over 15Gb you will get hit with a lot of additional charges.. which is not that hard to do watching youtube viideo or streaming movies

It's extremely hard if not impossible to use 15 gig of mobile data. I have an iPhone and would be a very heavy data user, not least of all the data rich sky go app, and the most I have ever used was 5 gig. This was at a time when I didn't have wifi in the house to ease the load too.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is it a sim only deal?

No you buy a phone too. Eg iphone , etc. I will confirm pricing later on when I have the account number to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Which phones and for how much? Thank you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

plu wrote: »
    No you buy a phone too. Eg iphone , etc. I will confirm pricing later on when I have the account number to log in.

Cheers.
    I dont have an account number to hand to check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    can't get it to work with my eircom account number!

Me neither?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

not working for me - i am trying to put my account number in and it is saying its invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Justin10

They rang me a couple of days ago with this offer.
    Im not currently with Eircom

Offered me the "New Galaxy" the S2 for 80 euro I think and 35 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

says unlimited data yet when you go into detail, it says 15Gb.. that's very misleading :(

Jimdagym wrote: »
    It's extremely hard if not impossible to use 15 gig of mobile data. I have an iPhone and would be a very heavy data user, not least of all the data rich sky go app, and the most I have ever used was 5 gig. This was at a time when I didn't have wifi in the house to ease the load too.

have to disagree jim, i think lau is right here.

my sky go app uses over 300 MB per hour.

so just 12 hours per week streaming would put you at about 15 GB and thats without doing anything else that requires data.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

green123 wrote: »
    have to disagree jim, i think lau is right here.

my sky go app uses over 300 MB per hour.

so just 12 hours per week streaming would put you at about 15 GB and thats without doing anything else that requires data.

ughh shut up moaning. There thing is all about 'fair usage', streaming on skype for 12 hours a week is not exactly fair usage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    ughh shut up moaning. There thing is all about 'fair usage', streaming on skype for 12 hours a week is not exactly fair usage.

Of course it is fair, if the plan was truly unlimited what wouldn't be fair about that?

What's not fair is having a 15GB plan and calling it unlimited, why don't they just call it a 15GB plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

plu wrote: »

Great! I am very interested in your reply, I am planning on taking out a contract so will wait and see what you get offered

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Picked up an HTC One X on this last week, €199 + 18 months on the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭lau1247

Lash_Alert wrote: »

streaming 12 hours a week is not a lot.. imagine a commuter on bus, 60 mins in the morning, 60 mins in the evening for 5 days a week plus weekend youtube.. one can easily hit that limit and that is only a week.. this is 15gb limit per month..

In anycase, my main point is just for highlighting the difference between stating 'unlimited data' on main page and 15gb limit on another page just so people don't get caught out..

fair usage policy is fine, i don't believe any normal person will achieve the call and text limit stated (you can do the math if you like).. besides it is still free if you hit that limit

As for the 15gb data, it is a very different story, they don't throttle your speed like majority of home internet provider.. instead, over 15gb you will be charged 1 euro for 50mb per day, when you go over that 50mb additional charge, they start charging 2 cents per mb.. I can only imagine a lot of unsuspecting video streamer will get a shock of a lifetime and complain about it when they get the bill :eek:

Overall the emobile package is still decent but people will need to be on the ball when it comes to the limit if they do sign up.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

stevenmu wrote: »
    Of course it is fair, if the plan was truly unlimited what wouldn't be fair about that?

What's not fair is having a 15GB plan and calling it unlimited, why don't they just call it a 15GB plan?

Well I have a Galaxy S and 3's 500mb add on. I have never really gone over this. I use it for facebook, browsing, email, twitter and of course Youtube. So to a normal user like myself,it is pretty much unlimited. Theres always 'limits'. Like is isnt actually unlimited texts or calls, like 30,000 or something. Want to moan about that?

streaming 12 hours a week is not a lot.. imagine a commuter on bus, 60 mins in the morning, 60 mins in the evening for 5 days a week plus weekend youtube.. one can easily hit that limit and that is only a week.. this is 15gb limit per month..

In anycase, my main point is just for highlighting the difference between stating 'unlimited data' on main page and 15gb limit on another page just so people don't get caught out..

fair usage policy is fine, i don't believe any normal person will achieve the call and text limit stated (you can do the math if you like).. besides it is still free if you hit that limit

As for the 15gb data, it is a very different story, they don't throttle your speed like majority of home internet provider.. instead, over 15gb you will be charged 1 euro for 50mb per day, when you go over that 50mb additional charge, they start charging 2 cents per mb.. I can only imagine a lot of unsuspecting video streamer will get a shock of a lifetime and complain about it when they get the bill :eek:

Overall the emobile package is still decent but people will need to be on the ball when it comes to the limit if they do sign up.

Decent? Its better than decent mate and you know it. Dont know what your issue is with Eircom?

• Advertisement

Can everyone stop bickering & just say what phones are available on this and how much they will cost? Is an iphone available on this?

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Can everyone stop bickering & just say what phones are available on this and how much they will cost? Is an iphone available on this?

You an eircom customer?

My dad is

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have this offer. Firstly, the 'unlimited' is still about 5 times more than the competitors 'unlimited' allowance.

I stream about 2 hours of music a day, about 30 mins of YouTube and usually use the hotspot for about an hour or two a week. I haven't gone near the 15Gb!

Dr Nic wrote: »
    My dad is

Pretty much every phone available. Iphones most expensive. 149 for 8gb. S2 is 89

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Im an eircom customer at the moment and when I enter my account number it gives me the offer.

Two questions: It says the deal is for you and a friend, so two people can avail?

Does it involve signing another contract with eircom? My contract is up in sept and I may be changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Louisa Squeaking Radar

I tried an account number and it didn't work. Boo!

Btw it says under the Select Unlimited plan...
    "Unlimited calls and texts to any network, unlimited data, PLUS unlimited calls."

I'm guessing it's meant to say unlimited landline calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

I tried an account number and it didn't work. Boo!

Btw it says under the Select Unlimited plan...
    "Unlimited calls and texts to any network, unlimited data, PLUS unlimited calls."

I'm guessing it's meant to say unlimited landline calls?
    Same here :-/

I'd a voucher for this offer before and I never used it. could do with another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Not working with my eircom account number either... weird. Id probably avail if i could

• Advertisement

189? with 35 euro bill for the 8 gig 4s
    three's standard offer are almost cheaper than that

Advertisement