Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The try harder if ye want a second joke thread thread.

Options

Comments

In a criminal justice system based on 12 individuals not smart enough to
    get out of jury duty, here is a jury to be proud of:

A defendant was on trial for murder. There was strong evidence indicating
    guilt, but there was no corpse.

In the defence's closing statement, the lawyer, knowing that his client
    would probably be convicted, resorted to a trick.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for you all," the
    lawyer said as he looked at his watch. "Within one minute, the person
    presumed dead in this case will walk into this courtroom." He looked
    toward the courtroom door. The jurors, somewhat stunned, all looked on eagerly.

A minute passed. Nothing happened.

Finally, the lawyer said, "Actually, I made up the previous statement. But
    you all looked on with anticipation. I, therefore, put it to you that you
    have a reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed, and
    I insist that you return a verdict of not guilty."

The jury retired to deliberate. A few minutes later, the jury returned
    and pronounced a verdict of guilty.

"But how?" inquired the lawyer. "You must have had some doubt; I saw all
    of you stare at the door."

The jury foreman replied:

"Yes, we did look, But your client didn't."

A list of announcements that London Tube train drivers have been reported madking to their passengers...

1) 'Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologize for the delay to your service. I know you're all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you'll want to cross over to the Westbound line and go in the opposite direction.'

2) 'Your delay this evening is caused by the line controller suffering from E & B syndrome: not knowing his elbow from his backside. I'll let you know any further information as soon as I'm given any.'

3) 'Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a great time. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Mile End and East Ham, which means we probably won't reach our destination.'

4) 'Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay, but there is a security alert at Victoria station and we are therefore stuck here for the foreseeable future, so let's take our minds off it and pass some time together. All together now.... 'Ten green bottles, hanging on a wall.....'.'

5) 'We are now travelling through Baker Street ... As you can see, Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually told me, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don't think about things like that'.

6) 'Beggars are operating on this train. Please do NOT encourage these professional beggars. If you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity. Failing that, give it to me.'

7) During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driver announced in a West Indian drawl: 'Step right this way for the sauna, ladies and gentleman... unfortunately, towels are not provided.'

8) 'Let the passengers off the train FIRST!' (Pause ) 'Oh go on then, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care - I'm going home....'

9) 'Please allow the doors to close. Try not to confuse this with 'Please hold the doors open.' The two are distinct and separate instructions.'

10) 'Please note that the beeping noise coming from the doors means that the doors are about to close. It does not mean throw yourself or your bags into the doors.'

11) 'We can't move off because some idiot has their hand stuck in the door.'

12) 'To the gentleman wearing the long grey coat trying to get on the second carriage -- what part of 'stand clear of the doors' don't you understand?

13) ‘Please move all baggage away from the doors.’ (Pause…) ‘Please move ALL belongings away from the doors.’ (Pause…) ‘This is a personal message to the man in the brown suit wearing glasses at the rear of the train: Put the pie down four-eyes, and move your bloody golf clubs away from the door before I come down there and shove them up your arse sideways!’

14) 'May I remind all passengers that there is strictly no smoking allowed on any part of the Underground. However, if you are smoking a joint, it's only fair that you pass it round the rest of the carriage.'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And what is it that separates us from the animals ?

The Liffey

And what is it that separates us from the animals ?

The Liffey
    And there was me thinking that the M50 was the outer perimeter for Dublin zoo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

what's the penalty for bigamy..................?

.....................2 mothers-in-law!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

<Mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

"Doctor, Doctor,

I have a terrible habit of falling out of…..WINDOOOOOOOoooooooooooooows"

A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper of 20 years, Guido, has cheated him out of $10 million. Guido is deaf which is why he got the job in the first place. The Godfather assumed that since Guido could not hear anything, he could never testify in court.

When the Godfather goes to confront Guido about his missing $10 million, he takes along his personal lawyer because he knows sign language.

The Godfather tells the lawyer, "Ask him where the money is!"

The lawyer, using sign language, asks Guido, "Where's the money?"

Guido signs back, "I don't know what you are talking about."

The lawyer tells the Godfather, "He says he doesn't know what you are talking about."

The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to Guido's head and says, "Ask him again to tell me where the money is or I'll kill him!"

The lawyer signs to Guido, "He says he will kill you if you don't tell him."

Guido trembles and signs back, "OK, OK! You win! The money is in a brown briefcase, buried behind the shed at my cousin Bruno's house."

The Godfather asks the lawyer, "What did he say?"

The lawyer replies, "He says you don't have the balls to pull the trigger."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Aquagakka wrote: »
    A woman had 10 sons who were all policemen.

At breakfast she asked, "Who wants cornflakes?"

And they all said,

"Me Ma, Me Ma, Me Ma….."

What did the other 7 have for breakfast?

Phone rings, woman answers:
    The Pervert, with heavy breathing, says,
    "I bet you have a tight arse with no hair?
    " Woman replies,
    "Yes, he's watching football –

who shall I say is calling?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

What do you call a Spanish voyeur?

Señor Biva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I heard this one today in work it made me laugh, not a joke per se. One of the girls got a Valentines card with the below words written on it:

Your eyes are like spanners, when I look into them my nuts tighten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Aquagakka wrote: »
    What do you call a Spanish voyeur?

Señor Biva.

I think it would work better with an Italian.

The Lone Ranger's Last Request
    The Lone Ranger was ambushed and captured by an enemy Indian War Party.
    The Indian Chief proclaims,
    "So, you are the great Lone Ranger"...
    "In honour of the Harvest Festival(who converted him :confused:), YOU will be executed in three days."
    "Before I kill you, I grant you three requests"
    "What is your FIRST request?'

The Lone Ranger responds, "I'd like to speak to my horse."
    The Chief nods and Silver is brought before the Lone Ranger who whispers in Silver's ear, and the horse gallops away.
    Later that evening, Silver returns with a beautiful blonde woman on his back.
    As the Indian Chief watches,the blonde enters the Lone Ranger's tent and spends the night.
    The next morning the Indian Chief admits he's impressed.
    "You have a very fine and loyal horse",
    "But I will still kill you in two days."

"What is your SECOND request?"

The Lone Ranger again asks to speak to his horse.
    Silver is brought to him, and he again whispers in the horse's ear.
    As before, Silver takes off and disappears over the horizon.
    Later that evening, to the Chief's surprise, Silver again returns, this time with a voluptuous brunette, more attractive than the blonde.
    She enters the Lone Rangers tent and spends the night.
    The following morning the Indian Chief is again impressed. "You are indeed a man of many talents,"
    "But I will still kill you tomorrow."
    "What is your LAST request?"

The Lone Ranger responds,
    "I'd like to speak to my horse...alone."
    The Chief is curious, but he agrees, and Silver is brought to the Lone Ranger's tent.
    Once they're alone, the Lone Ranger grabs Silver by both ears, looks him square in the eye and says, "Listen Very Carefully!!

FOR...THE...LAST...TIME... "BRING POSSE, NOT PUSSY!"

I was working in the garden this weekend and my wife was about to take a shower.I realized that I couldn't find the rake.. I yelled up to my wife,
    “Where is the rake?"
    She couldn't hear me and she shouted back, "What?"
    I pointed to my eye, and then I pointed to my knee and made a raking motion.
    Then my wife wasn't sure and said "What?"
    I repeated the gestures.
    "Eye - Kneed - The Rake"

My wife replied that she understands and signals back. She first points to her eye, next she points to her left breast, then she points to her backside, and finally to her crotch. Well, there is no way in hell I could even come close to that one.
    Exasperated, I went upstairs and asked her, "What the hell was that?
    She replies,

"Eye - Left Tit - Behind - The Bush" !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The teacher says, "Today we are going to learn multisyllabic words, class. Does anybody have an example of a multisyllabic word?"

Little Johnny waves his hand, "Me, teacher! Oh, me, me!"

The teacher smiles and says, "All right, Johnny, what is your multisyllabic word?"

Little Johnny says, "Mas-tur-bate."

The teacher is taken aback, but she manages to smile and says, "Wow, Johnny, that's a mouthful."

Little Johnny says, "No, ma'am, you're thinking of a blowjob. I'm talking about jerking off."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I was working in the garden this weekend and my wife was about to take a shower.I realized that I couldn't find the rake.. I yelled up to my wife,
    “Where is the rake?"
    She couldn't hear me and she shouted back, "What?"
    I pointed to my eye, and then I pointed to my knee and made a raking motion.
    Then my wife wasn't sure and said "What?"
    I repeated the gestures.
    "Eye - Kneed - The Rake"

My wife replied that she understands and signals back. She first points to her eye, next she points to her left breast, then she points to her backside, and finally to her crotch. Well, there is no way in hell I could even come close to that one.
    Exasperated, I went upstairs and asked her, "What the hell was that?
    She replies,

She should have pointed to her backside again! :)
    Eye - Left Tit - Behind - The Bush, Arsehole" !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

A woman gets up, puts up the shades, takes the cover off the parrot's
    cage, makes a coffee, and has a cigarette. Suddenly the phone rings. Her
    boyfriend is coming over. She puts out the cigarette, pulls down the shades,
    puts the cover back on the parrot's cage, and gets back into bed. The
    parrot, from under the cloth then says: "Well that was a short fcukin' day!"

A fireman was working on the engine outside the Station, when he noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle. The girl was wearing a fireman's helmet.

The wagon was being pulled by her dog and her cat. The fireman walked over to take a closer look.

'That sure is a nice fire truck,' the fireman said with admiration.

'Thanks,' the girl replied.

The fireman looked a little closer. The girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles.

'Little partner,' the fireman said, 'I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster. '

The little girl replied thoughtfully, 'You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren.'

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

maguic24 wrote: »
    I heard this one today in work it made me laugh, not a joke per se. One of the girls got a Valentines card with the below words written on it:

Your eyes are like spanners, when I look into them my nuts tighten.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I've got a knife
    Get in the van

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

comewatmay wrote: »
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I've got a knife
    Get in the van

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I'm not getting in no van
    I know Kung Fu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The boy stood on the burning deck,
    eating a bag of scallops.
    The burning flames went up his leg,
    and burnt his fcukin' ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The boy stood on the burning deck,
    eating a bag of scallops.
    The burning flames went up his leg,
    and burnt his fcukin' ............

...his fcukin' what????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Mary had a little lamb,
    she also had a duck.
    She put them in a room together,
    to see if they would.........

Mary had a little lamb
    She took it into bed,
    The lamb turned out to be a ram
    And Mary had a little lamb! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Mary had a little lamb,
    she also had a duck.
    She put them in a room together,
    to see if they would.........

would what????? ....discuss the future of the euro, do some knitting....what? aarrgghhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

gramar wrote: »
    would what????? ....discuss the future of the euro, do some knitting....what? aarrgghhhhhhhhhh

. . . .would write a book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Mary had a little lamb
    Her father shot the sherrif shepherd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Mary had a little lamb
    Full of tricks and frolics
    It tried to jump the garden gate and
    Fell and broke its...........leg

Luckily there was a vet on the farm and he was able to put his leg into a splint.
    And the lamb lived happily ever after. Until he was slaughtered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Mary had a little lamb
    Full of tricks and frolics
    It tried to jump the garden gate and
    Fell and broke its...........leg

Luckily there was a vet on the farm and he was able to put his leg into a splint.
    And the lamb lived happily ever after. Until he was slaughtered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement