Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cable Broadband In Longford Hits 1mb/s

• 13-02-2004 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Longford Local broadband company http://www.crossan.ie/ has hit 1 MB/S the reliability is first class and surfing and downloading whithout cap, truly 24/7 always on is impressive.

Talking today with the manager Brian Crossan he let me know than in around two months they will try to reach 4 MB/S.

So I think Longford, the one that used to be the last in everything is now getting ahead of the rest.

Good job Brian and Company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

1. What happened to the 2Mbit you announced a few weeks back ?

2. When will ye catch up with Dungarvan with 4Mb ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

We will catch up, I hope.

I don't know they said that at that time, then for unknown reasons they deliver just 1mb/s and now they announce 4 in two months, let’s see if they do it

Any way I am happy as Larry :D

And hopping the rest of Ireland can enjoy sooner rather than later of true broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Went to school with Brian (and his brother Jimmy). Two sound guys. Good to hear of them doing well at the cable/broadband thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Any negative connotations one would have associated with rural broadband are fast disappearing! :eek:

Advertisement