Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Desmond actually looks a lot different this time round, and the scar on his lip (which matched Ezio's scar) is gone... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Anyone know if every copy come with the first AC game included? So if I sold or traded in mine, But left the first AC game installed on the PS3, could I buy it again at some point and the game would work again or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know if every copy come with the first AC game included? So if I sold or traded in mine, But left the first AC game installed on the PS3, could I buy it again at some point and the game would work again or what?
    All PS3 versions of the game come with Assassin's Creed on the disk. You install it to your PS3 from the disc. There isn't a one-time code to be used for that and as far as I know you can install it on as many PS3s as you want. It isn't tied to your PSN account though As Far As I Know.

Assassin's Creed 1 is not included on the disc for the XBOX360 version.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*FINALLY* started playing this tonight - loving it so far. After the first Den Defence I felt "naaa, that's quite likely to annoy me" but I'm gonna get notorious in one area and see it in action again. Put me in mind of the RTS parts of Brutal Legend but on a much, much smaller scale.

I spent a lot of time in Brotherhood levelling up other Assassins as quickly as I could, so I can see myself doing that here too and I never felt a need to run main plot in these games so that tends to suit me.

I shall be back tomorrow with more news - I'm just about to
    go through the cistern under the bookshop and I'm guessing that's the first of many such set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Desmond actually looks a lot different this time round, and the scar on his lip (which matched Ezio's scar) is gone... :/

I don't like that Ezio's eyes are different. It offsets the rest of his face so he doesn't look like Ezio anymore.

Apparently they're gold in the PS3 version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Shiminay wrote: »
    I shall be back tomorrow with more news - I'm just about to
    go through the cistern under the bookshop and I'm guessing that's the first of many such set pieces.

It's one of 4 times you'll do that. Not half as common as Brotherhood.

@Ridley: Yes, they're gold/orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Overall, I can't help but feel a little disappointed with Revelations.

AC2 was brilliant. Brotherhood was great, but just didn't live up to AC2 in my opinion. Revelations is just Brotherhood with bombs.

I think if they had taken their time and spent two years making one game, a combination of Brotherhood and Revelations, it would have been spectacular. If they'd mixed the Ezio/Altair stories into Brotherhood, had bombs in Brotherhood (not to the extent as in Revelations, but allow you three different types of bombs eg. smoke, distraction, damage), maybe add the hookblade (and modify Rome to suit), and even incorporate the Desmond story from Revelations into Brotherhood instead of most of his stuff in Brotherhood being just walking round Monteriggoni..... It would have beaten AC2.

The main story in Revelations is Ezio/Altair and Altairs keys. The whole story with Suileman and his uncle/father etc is just sub-plot and really doesn't matter. If they'd added the Ezio/Altair bits into Brotherhood and some of the stuff like bombs, Assassin dens (but not the Den Defense game) and the hookblade, I would have waited two years for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Exactly Penn! I mean, it's AC sho I should love it but the last 2 nights when I went to put it on, I just stopped and decided to not even put on the PS3 because the thought of running around hoping I don't have to do den defense, running past countless bomb icons (no ubi I don't want to make 300 f*cking bombs!) and climbing awkwardly (I find climbing a building isn't as smooth as before) just put me off. I'm gonna put it back on the shelf and pick up Skyrim. I'll come back to it eventually to clear the game so I won't trade it but yes, disappointed is the word.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly Penn! I mean, it's AC sho I should love it but the last 2 nights when I went to put it on, I just stopped and decided to not even put on the PS3 because the thought of running around hoping I don't have to do den defense, running past countless bomb icons (no ubi I don't want to make 300 f*cking bombs!) and climbing awkwardly (I find climbing a building isn't as smooth as before) just put me off. I'm gonna put it back on the shelf and pick up Skyrim. I'll come back to it eventually to clear the game so I won't trade it but yes, disappointed is the word.

I mean, the core mechanics of the game are all there and I enjoyed playing the game, and I really loved the Ezio and Altair stories and how they tied in to the overall series, and the whole last sequence and ending was just brilliant.... But there's nothing to make me want to keep playing it. About two months ago I went to replay Brotherhood and ended up just playing through AC2 again instead. If they'd taken their time and combined Brotherhood and Revelations....

Like people said before, Brotherhood is like AC2.5 and Revelations is like AC2.75. If they'd combined them, it would have felt like it was AC3. The leaps between these games aren't as big as the leap from AC1 to AC2, but combined, it would have been in with a shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dean777

Anyone know anywhere selling brotherhood for a good price. Checked in a few shops and they are selling it for 30 euro even though revelations is out. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm pretty sure i got it preowned in gamestop for 12 euro a month or 2 ago. Think it's about the same in hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    Like people said before, Brotherhood is like AC2.5 and Revelations is like AC2.75. If they'd combined them, it would have felt like it was AC3. The leaps between these games aren't as big as the leap from AC1 to AC2, but combined, it would have been in with a shot.

To be fair, the game is just a holdover until AC3 and stuff carried from the cancelled Lost Legacy DS game but yeah, I considered Brotherhood AC2.5 and Revelations is stretching it out further. Even then you don't get the end of Ezio's story unless you watch Embers.

Finished Revelations today and it felt mostly like padding. Happy we got
    to say farewell to Altair. Satisfied with his sections (apart fom the new voice actor) and genuinely felt sad to walk Altair to his death.
    I like the little things such as Ezio's
    minstrel songs and Duccio becoming a running gag. REALLY liked chasing the Templars in the boat. I love Subject 16 and the Animus Island.
    Wish I got to play as him. DLC please. ;) Agree with your good self on the last sequence. However, I avoided bomb usage and Den Defence as much as possible and I'm tempted to call foul on the between-sequence story largely being reduced to
    letters to Claudia.
    Hey, at least it's not a block of text like the last two games pulled. So most of the game's new gameplay features didn't matter. For some reason, the long jump wiped out swinging around corners in missions and I didn't need to hide as often as I used to despite the guards' vision seeming to have improved.

Haven't really learned anything new in the main story either, simply
    got to see what we figured out already.
    Revelations just doesn't have me needing to know what happens next like the others did.

Ridley wrote: »
    For some reason, the long jump wiped out swinging around corners in missions

I thought that was a bit weird too. During the Templar Lairs, I think there might be only one or maybe two instances at the most where you used the corner swing. Any time I saw one of those things I nearly always just assumed it was for a long jump. Surely mixing it up so you had to try and plan ahead would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Just finished it there. Its sill on the tv with Desmond standing on that island. Im even going to bother with the stuff he has to do, done 1 of them at the start and thought it was pointless, frustrating and boring.

Hook blade I think is deadly, running at a guard and flipping over him to keep running is great! The washing lines get boring after a while. Climbing is OK, no big change, the environment has been changed to use the hook blade, so it works.

Great game, good ending, raises an eyebrow as usual with all the AC games. Glad I played it, and I hope we arent going to see the end of the AC franchise anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just finished it as well and I really enjoyed it so roll on the new AC franchise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

dean777 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere selling brotherhood for a good price. Checked in a few shops and they are selling it for 30 euro even though revelations is out. Thanks

saw it in hmv blanchardstown for 15.98 pre owned

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This tower defence **** is fcuking gay.

Did one got bored please let there be no more.....strange feeling there is more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dreamers75 wrote: »

Did one got bored please let there be no more.....strange feeling there is more.

You can avoid them ....
    If you're in the red get out of it asap

Playing at the minute, aside from the plot the rest reeks of dejavu like I've done all this before ....... twice. Not saying it's awful just offers very little new to the series.

Quote of the night goes to dave/david "I'm a very straight person" I nearly wet myself there lmfao :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dreamers75 wrote: »

You just have to keep an eye on your Notoriety meter (iirc), when it goes into red do nothing but bribe the criers and kill the officials. Also, take over the Tamplar Strongholds and it will allow you to train more Assassins, and train them up (5 of them) to level 15 and this will allow you to have a Master Assassin at each hold and they will not get attacked (i think you need to have either started or finished Sequence 3 to be allowed to train to this level though).

It was a lot of the same, but in fairness how much more can you add to a game that really has it all? They tried with the Tower Defense (which will hopefully be gone from the next one), the hook blade, and the bombs. Aside from adding actual guns (which would be a bad move) there isn't much more that can be added.

I highly anticipate AC3, and can't wait to see where it will be set (please God Feudal Japan!) and who the main character will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭death1234567

calex71 wrote: »
    Playing at the minute, aside from the plot the rest reeks of dejavu like I've done all this before ....... twice. Not saying it's awful just offers very little new to the series.
    +1. Its very Meh. Just the same old same old with nothing new added to spice it up. A series that badly needs some fresh thinking rather than to just keep flogging a dead horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I highly anticipate AC3, and can't wait to see where it will be set (please God Feudal Japan!) and who the main character will be.
    Claudia
    tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I started this tonight. I've had it sitting on my shelf since release but hadn't got the time to devote to it. I'm only about a half hour into it now but it certainly plays like more Assassins Creed.

I didn't enjoy the sequence at the beginning when you have to ram the other carriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Finally got this.

Like it, but no love whatsoever. AC2 and ACB so far still top of the heap.

I think the team may have fallen in love with their own project and need to look at it with a cold eye, like they successfully did with AC2 (the best example of an improved sequel I've ever seen).

Having ezio running around Constantinople is great, I still love it. The hook blade is a nice, subtle addition that makes the free running a little smoother, but still has a rough edge or too.

But Jesus Christ.....the Desmond bits? What was wrong with the Subject 16 puzzles? I really enjoyed them, and have no love for running around with a virtual phallic symbol in front of me. :/

The bombs......jesus the bombs. Ubisoft took a hammer to this idea. It's overwhelming and just doesn't feel....'Ezioy'. They introduced the gun well and it never seemed out of place. The bombs are too sophisticated and detailed. The progression towards them seemed rushed and therefore out of place.

In all, not a bad game, but it's making me worried for AC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I honestly am finding it hard to get into this. There's too much to do all round and they dont explain it very well. The bombs are really pushed but iv'e yet to make one outside of the tutorial. And to be honest I dont really plan on doing it in the future unless needed. Maybe a missed something at the start and it's not clicking for me. I honestly just dont know.
    And the Tower Defence thing is terrible. I must have tried that first one about 6/7 times. Terrible. I've yet to do another one but I really amn't looking forward to it. Think I might leave the game fallow for a while and come back to it in a month or so. Start it over again. Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

After AC2 the game felt too me as if it had way too much stuff in it. You have so much equipment that any situation you come up against can be take down with ease by just cycling through the vast amount of equipment. Upgrading shops, assassins it's kind of boring and begins to feel like a boring chore.

Another thing that is annoying me is the boring "walk with me" quests were I talk for about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I just cant get into this. I'm finding it really not worth the effort. Cant trade it yet tho as its a present from herself (as was AC1 and 2 - cleared 1, ditched 2 early on as i think that was pish as well). I must see if theres anything decent to swap it for

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

theteal wrote: »
    I just cant get into this. I'm finding it really not worth the effort. Cant trade it yet tho as its a present from herself (as was AC1 and 2 - cleared 1, ditched 2 early on as i think that was pish as well). I must see if theres anything decent to swap it for

If you didn't like AC2 then there's little hope of you enjoying anymore of the series I'd imagine, seeing as all the critics say 2 was the best, so future games will most likely be along that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If you didn't like AC2 then there's little hope of you enjoying anymore of the series I'd imagine, seeing as all the critics say 2 was the best, so future games will most likely be along that line.

I knew I wouldn't like this latest one (tbh didn't really like the first one but I was young and much more forgiving back then), just not my thing, too slow and repetitive - of all the games I was hinting towards and she picks the one that I showed minus interest in. Anyway, I don't want to talk down the game too much as I'm sure it has it's fans in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Naw, the repetition is a valid complaint, especially with the 1st game. Personally, I think they really fixed that problem with AC2, but they seem to be growing a tad bit stale.

I absolutely love this series, but AC3 is going to have to be very special.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

theteal wrote: »
    I knew I wouldn't like this latest one (tbh didn't really like the first one but I was young and much more forgiving back then), just not my thing, too slow and repetitive - of all the games I was hinting towards and she picks the one that I showed minus interest in. Anyway, I don't want to talk down the game too much as I'm sure it has it's fans in here.

Valid criticisms. AC1 was very repetitive, just the same sequence of events repeated over and over for each sequence. AC2 and ACB fixed this for me, far more variation, better gameplay, etc. But I dunno.... Revelations hasn't wowed me this time round. It really just feels like AC2 again. I love the story, really invested in the characters and stuff.

They really need to move on now though, and need to stop going down the route of a game a year, take the Mass Effect approach from now on. Would love to see AC3 focus more on the modern day Assassins, though I can't see how you'd do that very effectively what with all the guns and stuff that would be available.

Advertisement