Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Rory MacDonald and Demian Maia staredown

1689807_645966448774548_1349488785_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

^Bit unrealistic rory showing so much emotion :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They should be showing the ladies soon with tonights fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Sorry if this has already been confirmed, but is McGregor definitely in the game? Would be a big mistake on their part if he wasn't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yes he's in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Are these screen shots ps3 or ps4 lads?

Axwell wrote: »
    Yes he's in the game

Is that official though? I know EA had about 200 fighters in for pictures but will only be using 100 of them I read somewhere. So with 9? divisions (incl Womens) thats about 11 fighters per division so not looking god for Conor but hope he is too.

Anyone hear any newer info?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is that official though? I know EA had about 200 fighters in for pictures but will only be using 100 of them I read somewhere. So with 9? divisions (incl Womens) thats about 11 fighters per division so not looking god for Conor but hope he is too.

Anyone hear any newer info?

If it is only 11 fighters per division.

Thats pretty terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

smilerf wrote: »

As much as I know the game is next gen console only.

RebelSoul wrote: »
    As much as I know the game is next gen console only.
    smilerf wrote: »

100% next gen only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

seiphil wrote: »
    If it is only 11 fighters per division.

Thats pretty terrible.

Especially considering Chuck Liddell is in the game. I'm sure not the only reired fighter either. Does he take an active fighters spot?

Anyone know if the Pride option is returning? I loved it in the last game.

Devs confirmed no pride mode which is a bit crap, that was my favorite bit of ufc 3. Ya sounds very weird if they only have 11 a div. Mad for more info, does not look like a game that is coming out in 2 to 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,980 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd be very surprised if there was only 11 fighters per division.
    Maybe in Fly, BW, and FW especially with double division fighters, but LW-LHW will surely have more.
    HW will be lucky to have 10 tbh.

Edit: Just had a scout around. It's 100 fighters "at launch". More will keep coming as DLC. I iamgine thats becasue by the time they had the 250 or so fighter roster complete, they would have been a significant number of guys cut,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

EA wants you to part $$ for that DLC.

And nobody should be remotely surprised if they played any of the recent Fight Night games. Some divisions had 3/4 fighters. I think Donaire was on his own in his division in the last one

12974193364_55a8b4690f_o.jpg

12973774845_b6e0cda28f_o.jpg

Dat mean face! :pac:

One of the people working on EA MMA is doing a little ama on Reddit.
    Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/1zrj5g/i_can_anwer_some_questions_about_ea_sports_ufc/

Its probably finished now, but its worth taking a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I am still worried about the release date. Like, its Spring 2014 now and we're still getting "Spring 2014".

So it definitely won't be released in April and he confirmed it won't release in May either. This is gonna turn into the whole GTA V Spring release debacle!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Will Nick Diaz be in the game?

EA - 209 represent

How did you get him to show up for the scan?

EA -"Hey Nick, why did you miss that media engagement?"
    "Had to get my face scanned or whatever."

Lol!

• Advertisement

eas-ufc-johny-hendricks.jpg

eas-ufc-lyoto-machida.jpg

eas-ufc-junior-dos-santos.jpg

eas-ufc-carlos-condit.jpg

eas-ufc-francis-carmont.jpg

EA SPORTS UFC Gameplay Series - Feel The Fight

I'd suggest watching in HD.

Looks great.
    The animations look really solid and there seems to be plenty of moves.

That looks really class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Looks great. Again, would love to see some actual gameplay but exciting nonetheless.

One thing, they seem to have forgotten Condit's tattoo if this image is anything to go by...

eas-ufc-carlos-condit.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They havent forgotten it, the tattoo artist sued THQ when they released UFC Undisputed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

They havent forgotten it, the tattoo artist sued THQ when they released UFC Undisputed 3.

Wow, never knew that. Cheers!

Mad, very weird the tattoo artist would have any rights to the pic once its on someone's body. I wonder if they will have Conor's gorilla :D

You can blame Mike Tyson for that one - his tattoo artist set the precedent with the face tattoo he got, think it was when he was then in the Hangover the guy sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,980 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Mad, very weird the tattoo artist would have any rights to the pic once its on someone's body. I wonder if they will have Conor's gorilla :D
    An artists retains the rights an his work/design, regardless of where it is. Like, if you by a painting and hang it in your house, you don't have the right to reproduce it. Conduit has permission to have it on his body, so photos of him, film etc doesn't breech the design rights. But here its not an real lift image of Conduit, EA's modelers actual have to replicate the design.

I think it would have been better if they inserted a generic design, rather than leaving it blank.
    You can blame Mike Tyson for that one - his tattoo artist set the precedent with the face tattoo he got, think it was when he was then in the Hangover the guy sued.
    Blame Tyson? It's hardly his fault the tattoo artist sued? And it wasn't because he appeared in the hangover - that's allowed, it was when they re-created Tyson's tattoo on Ed Helm's face in the second one.

• Advertisement

Q&A with lead Dev

- Is the Insta-Create-a-Fighter more like EA MMA, or UFC 3?
    If you are referring to the GameFace feature where you can upload photos. It would be more like EA MMA.

- What is the takedown mechanic? Is it a shine, button mashing, or just something that is left up to stats/timing?
    Takedown attempts are performed by holding the left trigger and performing a gesture with the right stick. The fighter’s ratings will determine how quickly the defend has to react in order to defend the takedown. There is no button-mashing or shining.

- Is there a possibility that we will see career and/or Create-A-Fighter expansions via free (or paid) DLC?
    There is nothing in the works at the moment, but there are lots of possibilities.

- What is the most challenging part of making this game?
    Making it from scratch with new technology on new consoles.

- How in depth will fighter entrances be?
    Pretty in-depth. We include the walkouts, the official inspection, entering the octagon and the full introduction from Bruce Buffer. A lot of the fighters have unique entrance animations. We shorten some things up though so that it doesn’t take 15-20 minutes for the fight to actually start from the time the first fighter comes out of the tunnel.

- Can we expect a realistic post fight experience as far as the official decisons and how fighters react to winning close fights and things like that?
    Some people will say the post fight experience is realistic enough, and some people won’t. Other people are just going to button through it anyway 3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif .

- Are there more, less, or around the same amount of possible positions on the ground?
    I don’t have exact numbers, but roughly the same.

- How many possible ko animations are there and is it possible to ko someone from any position in the octagon?
    There are some ground positions where a KO isn’t possible, for example, if you are postured down in full guard you’re not going to be getting enough power on your strikes to put somebody out. And some positions in the clinch, for example if you have double unders, you’re not going to KO your opponent with knees to the legs or shoulder shots.

- Does every single submission have to go through a multi stage mini game or are there such things as I guess "flash" submissions?
    Every submission goes through some stages – the number can vary.

- I read somewhere there's no running in this game. Is that true?
    There is no ‘run’ button.

- Will we have the option to hide the octagon during the submission mini-game?
    Nope. The HUD is the only way to know what’s happening in the mini-game.

- Is the career mode have a actual story to it like fight night champion or is it more like Undisputed 10 type story to it?
    It is more analogous to the Career Mode in Undisputed or Fight Night Round 4. There is not a cinematic story with fictional characters involved.

- Will there be fight cards online?
    No. We have a different set of online features.

- Will there be an "OWC" mode like FNC?
    No. As above.

- Will the stamina system prevent people from abusing highlight reel moves over and over (for example: the showtime kick, cartwheel kick, Cain slam)?
    They will still be able to attempt them, but low stamina will make them slower and easier to defend.

- Will CAFs be allowed in ranked play
    No. Created Fighters will only be available in unranked head-to-head matches.

- Will there be DLC?
    If and when it is available.

- Will there be punch flick reversal spamming on the ground like UFC 3?
    No, our ground mechanics don’t work in the same way.

- Will there be side steps like in FNC?
    You can dodge in 4 directions. But the animations are not the same as FNC.

- Is there a power shot modifier like FNC?
    There are 2 strike modifiers for throwing different striking attacks.

- Can you stop your opponent from advancing position by simply holding the RS in one direction and not let go, like in UFC 3?
    No.

- How are movesets handled? Can anyone throw a cartwheel kick or showtime kick?
    Not licensed fighters. They are given moves to match their real world styles. But you can create a fighter and give them any attacks you want.

- How many women will be in the game?
    There are 7 women’s bantamweights.

- Explanation in detail how the parry system works?
    Holding the right trigger is a simple block that will give you some protection against any incoming attacks. The longer you turtle up like this, the less effective it becomes. Holding the right trigger and pressing a punch button will block high, or pressing a kick button will block low. These blocks will give you almost 100% protection against attacks in those respective regions. If you perform a high or low block with the right timing, properly anticipating or reacting to your opponent’s incoming strike, then you will perform a parry which will give you a chance to counter.

- Is the create-a-fighter as in depth as the Undisputed series was? This something I always felt was lacking in the past (EA MMA and Fight Night)
    No. We weren’t able to build all the depth that they created over 3 versions of their game into the first version of ours, especially since it’s on entirely new consoles. But the visual quality of the created fighters is very high.

- In regards to the ground game, a huge aspect of BJJ is deception/trickery and baiting your opponent and capitalizing on their mistakes. Have you guys been able to replicate that in any way? UFC 3 you could go for a "submission reversal or catch" if you timed your opponents transition or strike correctly and it would be easier to complete the sub. These are little things that can be added to satisfy the hardcore fan base but still make it playable for the casuals.
    There are elements of our core submission mini-game that touch on that, but it’s not an easy discussion to have in this format.

- Can the kinect be used for the Game face feature?
    No. You must upload photos to your EA profile to use the GameFace feature.

- Just how detailed are fighter stats? Fight night had a stat for every strike. Can we expect certain fighters to be good at an armbar but not as good with triangles or kimuras? Will Johnny Hendricks right hook be as good as his left straight?
    We broke submissions down into choke submissions and joint submissions and there are independent stats for each arm and leg, but not every strike type. With the number of strike types and submissions in the game, that would be a very cumbersome attribute system. It was different on Fight Night when we only had to worry about 3 types of punches.

- If a fighter gets cut with an elbow or knee, is it possible to see a scenario like the one in BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez? (the face full of blood, canvas, shorts, etc) or did you limit the damage for not being a mature game?
    It has to be limited somewhat. So you won’t see any Penn-Sanchez or Penn-Stevenson type moments. But the damage we have does look awesome.

- Will there be Online championship belts?
    You can win belts in online play, yes.

- Will Nick Diaz get his longer and a bit curlier hair that he has had in all of his fights except the 2 in 2011-ish.. He had it in his last fight too so it would make me very happy if he got his hair fixed because you guys have done so great work with tuning the fighters, like Chael Sonnen and Benson Henderson, they look perfect now, and just how great is the Gilbert Melendez hair, it's perfect!
    Are you the same dude that was tweeting me about this? I don’t think we are going to get to that because there are a few other art related things we need to focus on as we wrap this up that are more important than Nick’s hairstyle, if only slightly.

- How many sponsor brands there are in the game? Approximately?
    I think there are about 15-20.

- How many fight camps there are in the game? Approximately?
    We don’t have a fight camp integration in Career Mode. Instead, you receive training camp visits from UFC fighters where they come to your gym and train with you.

- One review said no minors or majors just transitions. Is this true?
    We have basic and skilled transitions. You need to use a skilled transition to get to rubber guard (if your fighter has that ability) or to pass straight into full mount from half-guard. Stuff like that. Skilled transitions are performed with the same right stick gesture, but you also hold the left bumper button. Sweeps from the bottom are treated as skilled transitions also.

-How does head damage work in relation to the silhouette? Does it work more like ufc where when the head is red you know the next shot will knock him out or is it regenarative like ea mma?
    It is regenerative. If you rock the other guy and his head is flashing red in the fighter silhouette, that means he’s in danger of being KO’d. But it’s not a guarantee that the next shot will finish him. If he manages to stay out of harm’s way and enough time passes, he can clear his head.

-Does laying on top of someone or clinching them and pinning them against the fence lower their stamina? Basically, how does stamina work in relation to exertion and punishment?
    Some fighters have more effect in this area than others, but the effect isn’t enormous in either case.

- In EA MMA the different fight styles only affected the fighter stance, the punch and kick animations were the same for all fighters. In EA UFC will every fighters roundhouse kick or right cross have the same animation, or will we see different variations of basic strikes depending on fighter style?
    You will see some variation based on fighter style, some punches and kicks have animation variants, but we don’t have multiple style animations for every strike.

- If you can, please let us know if we can expect a demo in the near future.
    Yes, you can expect there to be a demo.

- Will we be able to KO an opponent from the bottom, unlike in previous games? It's certainly possible, one example which comes to mind is TUF 17's Uriah Hall vs. Dylan Andrews, where Uriah finishes Dylan from the bottom
    No, there are no KOs from bottom positions.

- Is there a separate stamina system for each/most individual fighters or will every fighter have the same stamina? Elite cardio possessed notably by - Diaz Bros, "Cardio" Cain Velasquez, Benson Henderson etc.
    All fighters use the same system, but they have different stamina attributes. So a guy like Cain can go forever, but Roy Nelson isn’t the best 5 round performer.

- In Career mode could you have post fight press conferences as your created fighter and answer questions to the media ?
    That is not a feature in the current game and it’s not high on our list of priorities for the future either. To do something like that, and do it well, would require a tremendous investment of audio, animation and engineering resources that could always be better used improving the actual fighting experiences.

- A lot of people here are disappointed with the leg kicks in this game. They are apparently saying the kicks don't look powerful enough and are more like "taps" rather than hard kicks. Are their claims true or not?
    That’s kind of subjective. And confusing, since people haven’t really seen any of the leg kicks in this game yet. There are a variety of leg kick animations in the game and I know that I wouldn’t enjoy taking any of them in real life.

- From watching the videos, it looks like reactions to every punch and kick look exaggerated. Fighters stumble after being punched or kicked, when in reality, it is usually not like this unless someone gets hit very hard. Were all of the strikes shown power punches, or will this type of exaggeration happen on light jabs and kicks as well?
    Yeah, that’s just what you do when you’re making a trailer. It’s like when there is a trailer for a new Michael Bay movie, there will be lots of huge explosions and destruction in it, even though the movie will feature lots of smaller explosions and minor destruction too.

- Can we record highlights and put them as a video to the background in the menus or main menu? Or is it just those cool pictures like in Fight Night and other EA SPORTS titles.
    It’s just those cool pictures. But the PS4 and XB1 both feature Game DVR capabilities that allow you to record and share stuff. Also, any highlight reel generated in an online match automatically gets uploaded to a feature we call UFC Spotlight. You can go there to view your own highlights, your friends highlights and everyone’s highlights.

- What is a 10-8 round in the game? How can you get 10-8 rounds?
    Pretty much the way you’d expect. Kick the other person’s butt really bad.

- Is there 10-10 rounds?
    I believe they are possible, but incredibly rare. Like in real life.

- The body kicks shown seems to damage more than just their body, it also seems to in essence stop them so you can get off a free shot. Will every body kick do this, or are these just examples of the body deformation?
    If you are talking about the one in the latest video, yeah, that was just a big kick. Not every kick to the body causes that reaction.

- Will their be a variety of backgrounds for CAFs suck as Judo, Karate, Sambo etc?
    Yup. There are a variety of styles to choose from in Create Fighter.

- - Will distance play a bigger factor than in ea mma? Can guys cant slide across the cage for example?
    Our guys don’t slide across the floor with every strike.

- Will their be any live broadcasts ?
    No, there is no Live Broadcast feature.

Will their be those miserable stat booster packs like FNC? Please tell me no
    Hey, a lot of people loved those! But no, they aren’t in UFC.

- Will you be able to make a CAF with a decent overall right off the bat or will you start with low amount of points then have to build them up?

(Ex: WWE games has it where you make a CAF have a 99 Overall, the last few UFC games had it where you can only make the fighter a 40-50 overall and had to take each one through story mode to build them up)

If you’re making one outside of Career Mode, you can do whatever you want. If you are starting a new Career, all fighters start with the same overall rating, but a different distribution of attributes based on their fighting style.

- Will there be more new fighters than legends?
    There are more current fighters than there are legends.

Advertisement