Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Most are saying Freshers Week is after Orientation. I will go by that.

Another thing, when do I pay for my accommodation fees? I'm staying in Plassey (at least I think so) and I have gotten any information about it at all apart from paying the deposit fee last Feb/March.

Also in Plassey, and AFAIK it's paid upon check-in.

UL Website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Also in Plassey, and AFAIK it's paid upon check-in.

UL Website

Ah, missed that. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

You can enrol online now!

Anybody know what I should put in for school. Last school I went to was a PLC college and I can't find anything of it on the list.

What did you end up putting in for your school? I'm in the exact same position

CheyK wrote: »
    What did you end up putting in for your school? I'm in the exact same position

I think I put in Other Education. Couldn't find anything else to put in so I went for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Classify

Hi
    I'm waiting on a SUSI grant to pay the 2750 fee. My application says "Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO." When I did the finance task it said I have to pay 2750. I haven't enrolled yet since that figure should be 0 not 2750. What should I do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Classify wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm waiting on a SUSI grant to pay the 2750 fee. My application says "Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO." When I did the finance task it said I have to pay 2750. I haven't enrolled yet since that figure should be 0 not 2750. What should I do?

Do nothing, if you are getting the grant ignore the emails, they will sort it out when the first grant clears sometime in very early october.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cian__

Do you have to pay for both Semesters at the same time? or can I just pay for the first semester now and then pay for the second semester later in the year?

Is the SUSI reference number "Application Ref" or "Student Reference No" on the Enrollment application?

Is the SUSI reference number "Application Ref" or "Student Reference No" on the Enrollment application?

I used Application Ref number. Didn't even see the Student Reference No.! :eek:

I used Application Ref number. Didn't even see the Student Reference No.! :eek:

Ya I used the Application Ref number too. Be grand. :D Has your SUSI grant been fully approved. Mine is still provisionally awarded. I enrolled anyway. Left the finance task alone.

• Advertisement

Ya I used the Application Ref number too. Be grand. :D Has your SUSI grant been fully approved. Mine is still provisionally awarded. I enrolled anyway. Left the finance task alone.

Nope, still no word from SUSI. Been on stage 4 since 17 July so hopefully I'll hear something soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I used the Application reference that begins with W :o

My Financial Statement on the Portal says that I have a student contribution of €1375 due for the 5th of September and another for the 23rd of January. I'm getting the grant but don't have a confirmation letter yet. Is this showing up for everyone who is getting the grant or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Any one going to be doing PE?

I used the Student Ref number instead of the "W" number on the online enrolment so will go back and change that if I can.

I used the Application reference that begins with W :o

My Financial Statement on the Portal says that I have a student contribution of €1375 due for the 5th of September and another for the 23rd of January. I'm getting the grant but don't have a confirmation letter yet. Is this showing up for everyone who is getting the grant or is it just me?

Ya, I'm the same.
    I rang SUSI and the lad told me they might be waiting for round 2 to send the information, which is the 3rd of September. I'd say they will understand if you don't have the fees payed. Just tell them you're waiting on the grant.

Ya, I'm the same.
    I rang SUSI and the lad told me they might be waiting for round 2 to send the information, which is the 3rd of September. I'd say they will understand if you don't have the fees payed. Just tell them you're waiting on the grant.

I think that I read something about they give you until the end of October to have gotten a confirmation of the grant letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

When's everyone moving up/down?Probably move in monday myself (on campus)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Go down Monday, orientation on Tuesday. Then I guess I'll go home until Sunday? Not much to do there for the rest of the week.

Probably going down Sunday or Monday! Don't know what I'm going to do after orientation until college starts cos I don't know anybody :)

I'm heading down on Monday morning for the information session for DARE students and hang about until Wednesday or maybe Thursday depending how things go.

There is a possibility that I may go down on Sunday evening but I don't think that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ejordan

Got offered my first choice which is International Business! I'm also staying in Thomond and would like to ask some questions to any past students who lived there before!

• Advertisement

Anybody moving in Sunday and staying for the whole week?

Also, does anybody else not understand the timetables
    at
    all
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

at
    all
    ?

Trust me you will pick it up very quickly, hardest part is probably remembering the building codes, but they stick after a while

at
    all
    ?

I think I'm moving Sunday and I'm going home thursday :) I don't understand my timetable but they'll probably make it clear during orientation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Carefulnow11

at
    all
    ?

where did you get your timetable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

where did you get your timetable ?

http://www.timetable.ul.ie/course.asp

Put in your course number, and year. I've been told it tends to change a bit the first few weeks though, but it'll give you an idea.

Yeah, they give you a more personalised timetable in Week 3 after you've selected the modules you will be studying and what lab and tut groups you will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

http://tt.daniel.ie/

If you use this link your timetable might be a bit clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Timetable example:

09:00 - 10:00
    CE4701 - LAB - 1B
    NELSON JOHN DR
    FB028
    Wks:1-13

1. First line is obviously the time of the class.
    2. Second line contains:
      1. The module code. CE4701 = Computer Software 1, you can look them up here: http://outside.ul.ie/BookOfModules/.
      2. LAB = Lab. Could also be LEC = Lecture or TUT = Tutorial
      3. Group ID. Big classes are broken into groups, because they won't fit in the room. Classes are usually only broken up for labs and tutorials.
    3. Third line is your lecturer's name in RTL shtyle.
    4. Fourth line is the room in which the class is held. This will take a while to get used to, but essentially, the first 1-2 letters is the building code, the next letter/number is the floor in that building and the remaining part is the room number on that floor in that building.
      FB028 = Foundation Building ("F"), Floor B, room 28. Full list here: https://www2.ul.ie/pdf/578227359.doc
      It gets fun in the main building, where the building codes are A, B, C, D and E for different blocks in the building, as shown in the link above. You also have six floors in the main building: G, O, M, 1, 2, 3 from bottom to top, but certain blocks don't have certain floors, because the ground isn't even.
    5. Weeks of the semester the class runs for.

More here: http://www.timetable.ul.ie/Timetable%20Explanation.pdf

Have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Just to add to the good explanation above, don't stress too much about Main Building. I'm a fourth year and would still get lost if I had to go to a new room. It's like a maze full of surprises (there's some really random rooms in it). Only last year, most of our class had to get shown to a room by security and we were walked through some little halls and huge rooms we didn't even know existed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 niamhmoloney0

Did anyone register their modules yet or do we do that next week??

Advertisement