Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Higher Diploma in Software Development - University of Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

How did you get that so fast? I only accepted the course offer on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

W86indow wrote: »
    How did you get that so fast? I only accepted the course offer on Thursday

Ah, that's the difference so. I got a conditional offer back in November, less than a week after I applied for the course. It said I had a place as long as I got the grades needed and then I got that confirmed when I phoned the post grad admissions in June when I got my results.

I got my letter then on CAO results day. So I guess your orientation information will all be there whenever you get the letter sent out. But orientation is the 2nd - 5th of September so I'd imagine you guys will get letters about it this week.

Ha your like me so I wanted to do this hdip for the last two years if I could have applied earlier I would have!
    super excited there is meant to be some great opportunities afterwards ..

The careers fair is going to be unreal in October. It's on down in the arena and last year I was chatting to people and there were no jobs in my undergrad area (languages). I talked to some about the diploma I was thinking of doing this year and suddenly they were my best friends. So make sure you go to that. We'll get emails about it to remind us.

I think you've made a very smart decision to be fair.. when I picked my undergrad there was french in the first yr and it was discontinued .. I think if your good at languages also you should be good at programming . I did vb.net in my last course.. but I want java which is taught on the hdip more options

• Advertisement

I do love my languages but it's too tough to get a job. I was always interested in computers so thought I might as well come back and try it out. I've been learning python over the summer so I'm not going in totally clueless since I've heard these types of courses are really intense. Mine is also a level 9, same as a masters, so I'm worried about how intense that'll be.

Just want to add that we don't learn python, I just wanted to learn something.

Ah no point worryin just get it done .. ya hdip is lvl 8.but I think it will be just as hard... is there much difference between our courses?

They're both intense since they're conversion courses and we seem to share two out of five modules. After that, I'm actually not sure.

Hey did anyone who get the cd today is it working ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 PaulRyan17

Hey guys, don't know if any of ye are still subscribed to this thread but just want to ask how did ye get on with the course? I will be starting it in September

• Advertisement
Advertisement