Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 178 Ticket Prices

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Sorry if this rehashing threads that already exist. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a seating chart with a breakdown of the different sections and their price breakdown.

Also wondering would around the $300 - $400 range get me close enough to the action. I've read that everywhere in the MGM has a good view and the atmosphere alone would be worth going regardless of what seat you're in but as it'll a one off trip, I don't mind stumping up a little more if the seats would vastly improve.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Seats range from $100 to $1000.

I sat in the $300 seats at UFC 100 at the Mandalay Bay and similar at 116 at the MGM. I'll try to post pics later. Pretty far out, but decent.

The top seats (best ones, not most expensive ones) will be about $750. That's the ones about 10 rows back up the lower tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Papav3r

Cheers for the info.

Some photos to try and gauge it would be great.

Epic fight...

316462.jpg

Bear in mind, that's a picture with a good zoom.

This shot is the view from my seat...
    316461.jpg

From memory of those Vegas events, and from experience sitting everywhere from cageside to back row at European events, this image shows which seats will be top price, (all floor and the first 8-10 rows on the side tiers). Also the green X is what I consider the best seating for events and will probably be in the $750 price bracket.
    316463.jpg

The atmosphere will be good, but you will never experience anything in Vegas like the Dublin event the other week.

Cheers for the photos.

Think 750 might be stretching the budget but the $300 seats don't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 flemokeith

Lads anyone know the best way to buy ufc 178 tickets from ireland .
    Having trouble with my fight pass and you need a u.s. address to buy from ticket master .
    Cheers

• Advertisement

flemokeith wrote: »
    Having trouble with my fight pass and you need a u.s. address to buy from ticket master .
    Cheers

Not sure what Fight Pass has to do with it, but you don't need a US address to buy tickets. I've been to 2 in Vegas with an Irish address. You'll just need to either print your tickets or collect them at the venue when you get there.

Thanks for that .fight pass allows me to but tickets a day before they release .but it won't allow me to buy them for a u.s. fight !
    Did you just go on to the u.s. ticket master site and buy ?

Thanks for that .fight pass allows me to but tickets a day before they release .but it won't allow me to buy them for a u.s. fight !
    Did you just go on to the u.s. ticket master site and buy ?

Fight Pass is nothing to do with tickets.

I assume you mean fight Club?

Yes I just bought via Ticketmaster. Used the ticket collection option. You can't get tickets posted out unless you are in the US or Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

it's kicking off early, going to be an intense night of fights going by this...

Trying to buy with ticket master but won't let me sign in with my irish ticket master account ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Trying to buy with ticket master but won't let me sign in with my irish ticket master account ???

You need to setup a ticketmaster.com account to buy US event tickets then you choose will call for your shipping and you collect at the box office in the MGM. They won't ship outside US and Canada

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone get tickets? All the REAL cheap seats disappeared within a minute. I managed to grab the $275 ones. Chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone get tickets? All the REAL cheap seats disappeared within a minute. I managed to grab the $275 ones. Chuffed!

Got 12 of the $141 ones. Had to get three fight club memberships. All in all about $165 a head. Happy days. Can't wait!!

Not sure how the fight club membership works now. I didn't get any email regarding it, and I've the same fight club code attached to each purchase. Has anyone booked tickets and fight club membership at the same time before?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

osl wrote: »
    Got 12 of the $141 ones. Had to get three fight club memberships. All in all about about $165 a head. Happy days. Can't wait!!

Not sure how the fight club membership works now. I didn't get any email regarding it, and I've the same fight club code attached to each purchase. Has anyone booked tickets and fight club membership at the same time before?

Jaysus you must've been quick! The $141 tickets were gone in a minute of so!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Just be assured I'm for the official UFC package from Dublin. 1041 Euros all in.

Got two of the $402 ones. In the lower bowl about halfway up it would seem.

Fairly happy with it, I was 50/50 about going for the $600 tickets but sanity prevailed.

Can't wait to get over now.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Jaysus you must've been quick! The $141 tickets were gone in a minute of so!

I tried for 6 then 5 but could only get 4. When I got them I chanced my arm again and there was 4 more available. Obviously at the start there is a huge scramble, but depending on timing after that you can pick up the ones other people have rejected it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just to be clear, I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

osl wrote: »
    Got 12 of the $141 ones. Had to get three fight club memberships. All in all about $165 a head. Happy days. Can't wait!!

Don't want to piss on your parade but ya may have issues with having the same FC Code for each purchase, ticketmaster may flag that when the sales settle down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mmapk wrote: »
    Just be assured I'm for the official UFC package from Dublin. 1041 Euros all in.

Link? Me interested

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't want to piss on your parade but ya may have issues with having the same FC Code for each purchase, ticketmaster may flag that when the sales settle down

Edit to say I just read the small print. May have some work to do. I can see that there are still tickets available so will just get one of the lads to do what I did

scudzilla wrote: »
    Link? Me interested

google clickandgo

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Picked up some $140 tickets yesterday, section 212 i think. Looking at Dr.Phils photos any seat looks decently really! Flight is booked now to sort out the accom. Think will just do the MGM have the mlife card and all! Will be with some other Irish lads flying in from New York so down for a hook up and drinks if people are!

dave1982 wrote: »
    link removed as i can't post links

Thanks, 2 of us sharing and we get tickets in block 207 lower rows

Jones is out of the fight and Demetrious Johnson vs. Chris Cariaso has been moved from 177 to be the new main event according to MMA Fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

UFC are refunding tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Would have taught as much, Cant wait to see how bad this will do at PPV, should have made conor dustin main event and stacked out the main card, would have sold better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

They are refunding tickets because by NSAC law they have to if the main event is scrapped.

Advertisement